Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 28, 2024, 03:25:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you think we need New Moderators?  (Voting closed: June 13, 2007, 05:09:45 PM)
Yes - 8 (38.1%)
No - 3 (14.3%)
Replace the bad ones. - 10 (47.6%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New Moderators  (Read 7158 times)
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2007, 05:09:45 PM »

It seems to me that most if not all of our Moderators are either inactive, useless, power hungry, or think they are God.

Vote away.
Report to moderator   Logged

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Asria
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 05:11:48 PM »

Most of us do our job. We do as we are instructed and some of us (like myself, FTP and FOO) do things and contact Emi the correct way.
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 05:14:01 PM »

Um...did you make the polls results visible to anyone?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

Asria
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 05:15:55 PM »

Actually, no. It is more than likely coded that way, or you failed to set something. And Moderators (apparently) cannot edit others' posts.
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 05:20:22 PM »

Well it was set that way...now it won't even let me change it back.   3

Asria
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 05:21:10 PM »

Might be coded as to when a Moderator posts it becomes that way. Might want to ask Emi about that. Plus, I've been here longer than you blak (not saying I'm better than you) but I have been a moderator sicne a few days after joining too.

Edit: Left out a word. Added it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 05:30:50 PM by Chakat OceanRider » Report to moderator   Logged
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 05:52:51 PM »

You've been here a month more than me. Your first post came 8 days before I registered:

on: January 14, 2007, 01:40:08 AM

My first post:

on: January 22, 2007, 12:20:54 PM

There you have it, she is 8 days more experienced and wise than I.

Asria
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 05:54:47 PM »

And still I am a Moderator. I report directly back to Emi. I am a Moderator of this section, and SO WARS Discussion. Posts here and there are under Moderation by me and the other Mods of both groups.
Captain Banger
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 08:22:37 PM »

wow how come this one isnt locked yet black  laugh. i voted. its like i never saw Chakat OceanRider before and then with the crack of the whip  whip black's posts are getting locked wow. it seems to me to have started when he asked people to stop spamming his posts. how it got so confrontational when mods are supposed to be level headed,mature,unbiased,you know the adults in controlling all of are childish behavior  !! i hope emi does read all the posts and hopefully in the order they happened. not just the ones that get pointed out to him. i see your point black and see that you might feel like you fell into some kind of communist governed forums or something  wow nono wallbash forgot to add this black's posts=276------Chakat OceanRider= 82. they may have 8 days on you but you got more posts. laugh
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 08:26:31 PM by Captain Banger » Report to moderator   Logged
Asria
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 08:28:22 PM »

More posts means one's more "chatty", not their "maturity" as you so state. And I have more experience as a Moderator and quite a bit as an Administrator due to other forums.
Captain Banger
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 09:07:26 PM »

not to spam black's thread , but maybe you should go back through the forums and read black's posts before you start calling him things he is not. out of all the people who post blackranger's posts usually have meaning and are relevant to the topic being discussed!!!! if you want to do something why not go after the person black was complaining about in the 1st place who actually is a chatty as you call them and a spammer!!! 4 11
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 09:17:06 PM »

I voted, will my vote count for anything? who knows - but at least it's a way to see how people feel.

BTW I'm only the moderator for the alliance section of the forums.

Have a nice day, I will !!!!!!!!!

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 09:47:44 PM »

Well, the topic was locked for a bit, she realized there was no reason to lock this one and unlocked it  13

And not all Mods are bad, but I mean Monkey's been away for a looooong time, I haven't seen Snipe Dragon for a while either, same with Remfer. Nicholas Duo Wolfwood is away too. Gunfighter Frank is still here, but seems to be pretty inactive on the forums.

But people like Silverthorne and FOO are active, do their jobs, and don't screw around with their powers.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 05:16:37 AM »

Thanks for adding me blak  2

Snipedragon does read the forum, but reading does not directly imply acting.

djjcuk
Sergeant

tho' I seek perfection, I wear my scars with pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 06:04:12 AM »

I am a chat mod nothing more nothing less.... i think ppl will remember a little while ago when i was not good at my job but now I am a lot better and take my job seriously and properly... wow

respeckta  laugh

The enlightened man would offer a weary traveller shelter for the night and share a quiet conversation over a bowl of... coco-puffs...

Commander and chat mod djjcuk(#43519), Ultimate Weapon

"Why do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog buns come in packages of 8?" - Bulletproof Monk
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: