Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 23, 2024, 01:22:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Galaxy Station / Miners Guide - Build a station in 3 days  (Read 10559 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: June 03, 2007, 12:31:32 PM »

This guide will give you the info on how to build an empire and maximize profit from mining facilities.

Well, I've been playing the Galaxy lately, trying to make credits with the mining facilities and with station protection and it worked out nicely so I'm writing this Guide for those that want to know how to start building a mining empire.

This info is especially usefull on the SO WARS server, where there are no credit / worker missions.

- First steps in the Galaxy

First thing to do as a new commander in the hostile Galaxy is to find a safe heaven you can begin your mining ops. For this you will need a steady biofarm income, so extending the mothership a bit is a wise choise, let's say to 3000 segments. Place 150 workshops and rest in biofarms, and 50 warehouses to safeguard the items.

- Build the armada

What you would want to do now is build an affordable cheap fleet, I would suggest swarmers to make use of the swarm bonus.

A good swarm design: 15 space ship, 1 armor upgrade (7 weight, 340 HP), 1 power upgrade (7 weight, 172 energy gen), 1 weapon upgrade (1 weight, 3560 attack, 10% accuracy, 172 energy used)

Why you would want 10% accuracy you ask? Well it's because your swarmer will have a lower fleet power, for example if you go with 5% accuracy and double the attack, the fleet power / ship would be greater because fleet power only takes attack into account when calculating fleet powers and not accuracy. This will give you an edge in combat, beeing able to bring more firepower that generates reduced fleet power.

In order to max the swarm bonus for this design, you would need around 22.000 of those shipies. A good damage dealing armada that is very cheap would be 22.000 x 10 fleets of these, that should get you a good deal of force. It should cost about half a bil credits to build that armada, or about 1650 turns of biofarm income of 10.000 biofarms.

- Build your first space station

Now you have the armada, a decent income from the biofarms, you can attack other if you see them to get more segments but be carefull because if you steal their segments they may come back for you to couter attack, as they can track you.

Your first priority now is to gather the credits and resourses to research the space station technology in order to see how much resources you would need. Once you determined the amount of resources it costs to build the station, by checking the system build you can proceed to gather them.

- How to gather the first resources

Simple, just note the recource values somewhere and start searching. The Reavers are guarding them, BUT their numbers (fleet powers) depends on the resources amounts in the system.

What you want to do is jump trough the Galaxy and look at the resource amounts. You would need small amount of stuff, e.g. 10k amounts or so, look for Reavers with fleet powers below 15 million, 3-5 million best for starters. Explore several systems and note them for later. You will return to them to mine once you used the 1650 turns for jumping and gathered the credits to build that swarmer armada.

Next day. Now you have the locations of the weak Reavers and the credits to build the above armada. Don't be afraid to attack Reavers up to 30 million power with that armada. If some of the fleets numbers fall below the 22k mark, resupply them again to reach that mark. You will get a very nice swarm bonus that should help you defeat those pesky Reavers with very low losses.

So you cleared a system? Great, now have ready some Interplanetary shuttes fleets with 1 ship in them, and place them quickly in the system via the System Fleet button in the Galaxy. That should insure you can mine the resources without Reavers poping up again.

Mine what you need for the space station, nothing more or less, then move to next system you marked to gather the rest of the resources. Make sure you get the system fleets out before you go, you wouldn't want another sunday miner mine your other resources, the Reavers should pop up later to protect your discovered system and you will come back later for more.

Next day. Ok, so you got the resources and technology. Now you need a good place for the station. What you need is to think of the future mining facility. The mining facility will gather resources from EVERY asteroid belt in the system each 60 minutes, so what you need is a system with 5 asteroid belts or more, especially with Gold and Diamond. The Mining facility production of 300 units is applied to each belt, so if you have a system wth 5 belts you could get 300x5 resources each cycle.

You may have noticed a system with 20-30 million Reavers with 5 belts and about 30k - 40k roids on each belt and a Gold and Diamond roid? Then THAT is the system you would want a station and mining facility in. Bring your fleet and erradicate those Revears,  multi-attack them to oblivion, make sure you resupply to 22k per fleet after each attack.

When the Reavers are gone, quickly deploy your space station and also deploy a Interplanetary Shuttle fleet in orbit. The fleet will make sure noone will be able to steal mine your roids, and it will be protected by the station from beeing destroyed.

You mothership in the station system is also protected and receives a 100% bonus if attacked depending on your fleet support settings in the station. Be carefull with counters tough, because if you are countered you no longer have station support or bonuses. Park your mothership in the protected system and wait for the next day.

- The Mining Facility and maximizing your profits

Repeat the process of gathering resources from other systems, DO NOT mine your station protected system belts, you will just decrease your income later if you do that. Visit the systems you know, clear the Reavers there and bring the resources to your protected system.

Build the Mining facility from the System Build menu, and access the options. Set production to 52% mining, 48% credits. Your mining facility should now pull 144 ore from each belt and convert 144 ore from each slot into credis, leaving 12 ore each hour.

You will notice that the mining facility is converting resources to credits at 10 x times the credits you use while mining. This sis the key to making the credits. Now go to your noted systems and gather resources that your system does not have. For example you could be mining 4 types of ore, and you have 7 slots you can convert to credits. So each cycle you are not using the other 3 slots and losing potential profits.

Go to the systems you know that have the roids you are missing and mine them. Bring them back to your Mining Facility and stack it up so it has enough resources to convert to credits. You will gain 10 x times what you spend to mine them, so only using a couple turns to jump and mine them.

Now if you set this up properly you should be able to make about 200 million credits per hour, more then enough to make 10 armadas of the 500 mil credits per armada. Occupy your farming systems by placing an Armada of the 22k x 10 swarmers in each of the systems.

- Conclusion

Expand you empire, research more tech and build additional stations / mining facilities, search for better and bigger systems, the systems that don't have any more mining resources use the mining facility to make credits or replicate.

For example, set 100% mining on the system with roids and 100% credits on another that has no more belts, and use your mothership to bring the resources from the first facility to the credits producing facility.

HAVE FUN!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 12:45:49 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 05:06:40 PM »

Sir Emi you forgot to mention something you calculations for how long it takes to get 500,000,000 Credits. Your figures are for if you are on SOWars where you get 30  credits per biofarm each turn.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 06:35:29 PM by Kenquinn » Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 09:32:44 PM »

Yeah I figured the missions for credits / workers on the SO servers would even that up so it would take on average the same amount of turns...
Report to moderator   Logged

Captain Banger
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 03:13:19 PM »

will resources respawn in system with station? if not then you have to dismantle and move? no way to move station right? replicate means make more resources?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 06:18:52 PM by Captain Banger » Report to moderator   Logged
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 10:35:24 PM »

Captain Banger if your talking about the Replication Input/Output Techs, I think they allow you to turn Resources in to Energy and Energy in to Resources. I am also pretty sure you can make energy without converting resources in to it.

Or to put it simply before the universe runs out of stuff to mine people will be making lots by generation energy.

I'm not 100% sure I'm right but I am almost sure I am correct..
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 02:02:27 AM »

Yes, in the far future when there would be no resources but those that spill out of mining stations that are destroyed, there will be much use for the replication process because you can create resources with it.

For example, given a good amount of replication tech levels, you are able to convert 10k carbon to diamonds, then re-convert the diamonds to create 15k carbon...

So replication is a thing for the future, and no resources do not regenerate 1 Of course by that time we should be able to find a way to invent planet construction, and then planet mining and other cool stuff to get new resources in...

Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 08:31:13 PM »

But given the cost of reaserching all taht way to repliction level something billion (16) chances are most  stations would be more or less industructable because of all the additional defenses that would aslo be reaserched (unless someone is obssesd with just replicting stuff lol)

Just a thought
planets are gonna be crazy tho, and i cant wait to see them implemented

J.T.

As long as two people live on this earth, there will be war.
57thAirborne
Private

Gladiator Slicks and Cougar Gunships

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 08:10:39 PM »

Thanks, this helps a lot.

57th Helicopter Assault
"Death From Above"
Never Forget...
nerzhull
Private

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 10:46:22 AM »

i have built a station just need like 300mil for research and mining..  2 2
Yugi Moto
Private

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 01:59:39 AM »

after you've cleared out the reaver's are U able to mine with out having the tech or the resources to mine.
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 04:13:30 AM »

if you have the avalible money and turns and the reavers are cleared then yes you can manually mine

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: