Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 28, 2024, 04:54:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Official Launch of Space Odyssey Wars, Fri 25 May, 3 PM EST  (Read 33839 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: May 24, 2007, 12:48:51 PM »

What I tried to do in this project is take the best PvP features Space Odyssey has, and ballance the whole thing so it's more PvP and less PvE, and ensure a persistent Space Odyssey world for you.

A PvP oriented version of Space Odyssey, with a new revolutionary battle system involving Galaxy, warping and solar system battles and a persistent virtual Galaxy world. Leveling will be harder, gameplay will evolve around motherships and PvP, as well as empire building and alliances controlled territory.

Registration to Space Odyssey WARS will be available trough the nomal Join Now link in the main page. A selection box will enable selecting one or the other server. On selection of one server, a couple of details about the server features are displayed.

All accounts on Space Odyssey Wars need to be activated via an email link you will receive, make sure you check your bulk folder. Space Odyssey emails have a neutral signature, they should be able to arrive at most of the email providers, if you do not receive the email, please create a free email at Aol, Google, Hotmail, or Yahoo, they have been tested an working properly.

Email activation is needed for informing innactive accounts about their status. Because this server will have a persistent environement, it is very important that the Galaxy does not get too crowded with inactive alts.
If an account is inactive for 30 days or more, the server will send an email informing about that. If a friend or the user donated for the account at least $5 or upgraded to Gold, the account will be preserved forever, however if the account does not have this priviledged status, it will be deleted 7 days after the innactivity email if noone logged into it.

Ok, now for the good stuff.

The New Battle System:
SO WARS is PvP intense, this means that you will receive the greatest rewards if you attack another mothership.

Combat takes place in the Galaxy, warping to a solar system will show you the system scanner in the lower left corner of the screen. Each mothership in the system will have a color next to it, (red , yellow, green). This is their warp evading chance. When you attack an enemy, depending on you mothership size and his mothership size, as well as certain evade setting set by the enemy, the system will calculate a warp evasion chance.

For example, if you meet a mothership that is 50% of your mothership, you will see the warp evasion chance at 46%, glowing yellow. This means that 46 out of 100 attacks he will evade your attack. The attack takes 3 turns, and you will still use the turns even if he evades. Warp evasion means he will no longer be in the system, but randomly warped to an unknown solar system with the emergency warp 1 So I he warped away and you need to attack the same commander again, it requires further searching for him in the Galaxy. But if you succeded in your attack, he will still be there and you could issue a second attack, but because his mothership suffered a defeat while your mothership gained power, his chances of warp evasion would be greater now.

The minimum warp evade chance is 5%, while the maximum is 95%. This ensures that it is possible to attack noobs too. This works well if you want to clear your home system of pesky noobs and alts. Just attack them and most of them will just warp away, but 5 of 100 attacks will go trough, even if their mothership is 1000 times smaller then yours 1

So there will be much hide and seek tactics, alliance will be very important for a noob to find a safer place for his fleets, as the space station will give a boost of 100% to the alliance members and protect them if they are aggressed in the alliance controlled system, so if someone want to harrass your alliance members parked in the alliance system will have to fight the whole arsenal of the space station before they can reach their target.

This will involve many active fights to try to purge the enemy out of your system, as well as querilla tactics to divide and conquer the alliance controlled system.

Of course this works the other way around too, you can attack motherships 1000 times bigger than yours, and they will stay put and meet you for sure 1 A friendly intelligence officer will inform you that the danger level in this case is insane just in case you didn't notice 1

Surprise-attacks, counters, attack signatures, tracking your prey:
You will notice a new button called Attack Signatures. Whenever you get attacked and the enemy successfully made the attack, you receive an attack signature. Your defeated forces manage to install a tracking device on the enemy mothership, for revenge purposes. The tracking device is active for 24 hours, and enables you to track your prey wherever he goes in the Galaxy. It also enables you to bypass space station defences if he stoped in a station defended system, so you can surprise-attack and use this to take revenge even if he thinks he is safe in his home system 1

Ranking is divided in two parts, a solar system ranking where you can see the motherships in the same system you are in. This is an extension of the system scanner, with more detailed info, think of it as a detailed system scan.
Top Ranking, here you can see the the Top commanders but do not have any means to identify the system where they are in unless you search for them in the Galaxy. Clicking on status will give you a list of alll the commanders currently online, handy for combat strats.

- Other important stuff:
CHOAM considered it too dangerous to trade any more goods, and has retreated in Space Odyssey 1
There are only encryption missions for segments, no mothership missions, and encounters are for segments, CP and experience. Encounters are more scarce.
You no longer receive experience from battles, instead you receive a real-time training of 100.000 experience each day. The experience is added to the char but no leveling occurs automatically unless you do a bounty or experience encounter. To level up, you have to access the character screen and use 5 turns in hologram training after you have enough experience to level.
The sooner you make the account, the higher his level you will be later on. You can also get bonus experience from bounty missions.
Credits income comes from increased biofarm production (300%), increased mining facility production (300%), and the good ol' secret base. Work market requires 2 credits per worker now.
Donations and Gold accounts are available, separate from the SO server, and you can also use the affiliate credit on any of the two servers for gold upgrades / donations bonuses.
Unfortunately we can not transfer Gold account status from the Space Odyssey server to SO WARS server.
126.000 of the best fleets in Space Odyssey are available for cloning on SO WARS

As well as the ballance features in the project details, harder leveling of abilities, etc.

Project Details:
http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,2496.0.html

P.S.: The new Galaxy will not have any impact on the Space Odyssey normal server.

God Speed!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 03:27:24 PM by SnipeDragon » Report to moderator   Logged

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 05:53:54 PM »

Lets get Ready to RUMBLE
Report to moderator   Logged

NightShadow
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 07:12:48 PM »

sounds like a lot of fun and a lot of  rifle gun_bandana sniper and people going  rip2  16

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 07:28:39 PM »

sweet.. sounds alot more challenging

thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 07:52:24 PM »

kakashi goin hella ninja

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 08:21:16 PM »

13 here we go!

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 08:26:19 PM »

sounds awesome, if its any good ill quit the main spaceo. i wonder if emi made it like space merchant realms..if he did i got a upperhand haha 12

Peace And Happy Hunting
thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 09:20:43 PM »

I might want a different alliance for wars if you get space station protection 1

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 10:56:51 PM »

If the new battle system works better, it will also be implemented on the main SO on the next round, the space station protection too.
The SO WARS was opened because I wanted a persistent world, and also wanted more PvP 1

So if this works out nicely, we'll have the main SO with the Doom Day device and more missions and nice stuff, and SO WARS for hardcore PvP and a continous gameplay world for those that do not want to lose their char and skills.

Also, the main SO can server as a kind of tournament server, because of the prizes.

So basically, we have both worlds, the persistent one and the one with rounds, prizes and tournaments. I think it's going to be great, and you won't have to quit the main SO because the two servers wil have the same login screen. 1

FOO
Corporal

Just face facts, you will always be a n00b so STFU

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 01:11:14 AM »

Sounds great, just a question.

Do I need to create a new email account to join S.O.W.? or can i use an existing account?
I would like to retain the same name on the new site and keep using the same hotmail.

I guess it sucks to be on the outside lookin in. Then again, SUCKS TO BE YOU!!!

http://teufelhundenspaceoddysseyhelpsite.piczo.com/
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 01:17:28 AM »

Yes you can use an email that is on SO for SO WARS too.
SO WARS will require you to activate your commander. You will find the activation code in the welcome email after you register.

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 03:55:06 AM »

sounds great E 13, im not sure when 3 EST is tho :S
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 04:04:15 AM by Spayed » Report to moderator   Logged

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 02:30:53 PM »

30 minutes left. I am writing email invitations for the SO legends, maybe they will join SO WARS.

Everything is set.

Remember, main page, Join Now, select SO WARS server...

~kempy~
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 02:55:05 PM »

omg 5 minutes left i want number 1 1 *reload, reload, reload, reload*

I shut my eyes in order to see
~kempy~
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 03:00:43 PM »

omg dude its time :0 server select not there :0
[edit]omg omg my email hurry up email
[edit]still no mail its been 2 minutes :0
[edit]Private ~kempy~(#12)     

« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 03:09:31 PM by ~kempy~ » Report to moderator   Logged

I shut my eyes in order to see
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: