Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 08, 2024, 12:22:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: bug finding reward?  (Read 2908 times)
randalthor
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2007, 12:46:51 PM »

what if instead of always being tempted to keep bugs to yourself, you were rewarded for finding bugs? that way we would not have huge flame wars about CHEATING and USING BUGS and the people who actually find the bugs and report them get duly rewarded?

please post. this would probably fix the problem of exploiting bugs.
Report to moderator   Logged

wow, you're really fat.
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 01:42:17 PM »

But then emi would be overloaded with messages about bugs that aren't actually bugs, people would be reporting everything just to try to get a reward.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 04:17:42 PM »

Yes and you have to remember not all bugs are exploiting bugs, some are bugs that make you lose credits / fleets, and if you report them and they get fixed you can get the credits / fleets back. And there are rewards for finding out exploit bugs, but that depends on the bug...

Anyway, SO should be bug free now, at least exploit bug free...

randalthor
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 10:59:25 PM »

ok, so what are the rewards for finding a exploitable bug? that is what i meant when i said we should reward for finding bugs.

thanks emi for making this great game but i doubt there is not a bug or two left to be exploited.

i dont know, creds, turns, cp? what would be worth it?

wow, you're really fat.
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 11:22:15 PM »

When I find bugs I don't expect any type of reward, I do it for the betterment of the game. If I do happen to find any in the future I will do the same.

People knowing what kind of rewards they would get would only overload Sir Emi mailbox like Blakranger said so I dont think a posting of certain rewards for specific bugs would make it any better.

If you find a bug mail Sir Emi about it and I am sure he would give you something  wow if it really was a bug.

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 07:31:34 PM »

From my experience when I found an exploit or other bug, I directly reported it and told exactly what my profit and stuff from it was. Sir Emi knows I did, and I was allowed to keep the profit in all of the cases as I didnt make very much anyways as I foudn it and reported it directly.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: