Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 20, 2024, 03:17:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: End of Round Rewards for the Top 10  (Read 17367 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: May 14, 2007, 09:38:15 PM »

I have read your suggestions and agreed on rewards for the Top 10 commanders when the round ends. The rewards are in affiliate credit, that can be used in the game of cashed in with paypal via the affiliate program interface.

Affiliate credit rewards can be converted to anything you like for anyone in the game, with all the benefits of a donation ($3 bonus for every $5).
When the round is over, I will contact the top 10 and ask them for their affiliate account, and they will get their prizes.

Affiliate link: http://www.spaceo.net/affiliate/

These are the prizes for this round:

Top 10 rewards

1.  $50
2.  $30
3.  $25
4.  $20
5.  $15
6.  $10
7.  $5
8.  $5
9.  $5
10. $5

God Speed commanders!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 09:42:50 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 10:16:35 PM »

I'll say it here in case you don't look at the other one, $50 is a lot, especially in turns later on.
Report to moderator   Logged

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 10:22:01 PM »

Well hopefully the Nr 1 won't use the whole reward in the beginning of the round, and even if he does, the exchange rate will match it. I think $50 is a good reward considering the effort it takes to reach Nr 1 spot.

To answer some of the questions regarding affiliate credit, you can use the affiliate credit right away if you have a positive ballance, e.g. you have $1 credit, you can convert it right away. If you have $50 or more, you can request a paypal payment from Space Odyssey, and convert your credit to real money.

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 10:32:12 PM »

Ah, that's cool!
But what I meant was that later in the round, the number one will have saved his $50 most likely, and will get a ton of turns (right now the exchange would give them 17500 turns, 28000 if the +3 for every 5 applies...that's a TON of turns.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 10:43:34 PM »

i think its a great idea
Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 11:13:14 PM »

Sweet idea. Mad props for the guy who made this suggestion. This will make things more interesting emi. I actually think that the rewards should be doubled for ingame use and give them normal rewards for paypal deposit. Also, I was kinda thinking that all top 10 players get some sort of extention for their gold account. Your Gold Account has 55 day(s) more... laugh... I think finishing top 10 atleast deserves a new gold account or an extention. This way players will be motivated to fight for a real prize, and it will also save you $170 if they decide to spend it ingame emi.  19

P.S.- If players are worried about the rewards being too large then you should establish a payment plan where the rewards will be spent in portions over a period of time. Say, $5 a day or something like that. I really think this is a step in the right direction emi. When people find out there is real money to win then a whole new field of play is open, and you might actually pick up a lot of new players!!!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 11:34:07 PM by Midnight44 » Report to moderator   Logged

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 11:44:59 PM »

I like the $5 a day thing, that way they still get a ton of reward but it's not so sudden...such as burning 28k turns on missions...you can just imagine how much havoc that would cause.

thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 11:46:41 PM »

I personally think 5$ a day is still too fast but the principle is good.

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 12:01:30 AM »

Yes, very good idea, there will be a payment plan, they will receive their prizes in small payments of $2.5 each day, so the the greatest prize of $50 should be received in 25 days after the start of the new round, the smaller prizes will be received earlier, so they receive the same amount per / day however the Top player has a longer run at it. Of course they can start using the share of prize right away, first day $2.5, or save until the second day of the round and convert $5 to get the $3 bonus, etc.

You can also message me with special requests for your prize, e.g. if you need a Gold extension, we can accelerate the payment so you can get that.

This makes for an even start between the Top 10 commanders I think 1

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 04:07:26 AM »

emi i luv u man great update, now i jsut gotts get myself back in top 10

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
deathStar1337
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 11:29:55 AM »

yes mad props to whoever made this suggestion  6 and great thanx to emi for putting it into the game.

I think this will encourage new players to start playing and current players to try harder for a top spot. Should bring alot of battles in the top 10 and alot more politics also  12

questions on affiliate credit... What happens if we donot have an affiliate number? we have to get one? or can we use somones that we trust?

Again an awsome update 1

regards

DS_1337

Forfeit the game , Before somebody else Takes you out of the frame and Puts your name to shame, Cover up your face , You can't run the race, The pace is too fast,You just won't last!
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 07:26:39 PM »

great idea...

WARS Account= Overmind
Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 01:47:47 AM »

I definitely think that the idea of having rewards for top 10 is great. It will be a good advertisement pitch for the game emi. Honestly, I think that as the prize values for top 10 go up the amount of active players will go with it. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that there is nothing else more motivating to play a game than to win some real money. Whether that be fair or wrong, either way it's the truth.   laugh

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 03:57:12 AM »

lol mid he jsut started the prizes and already u want them to go up 13

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
dynasty117
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 07:39:19 PM »

I think that if you did more like $5 per week or so would be good, but per day could work well, I would think that longer times between getting your reward would keep the top players from going up super fast but they will be able to look forward to getting that reward
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 07:42:17 PM by dynasty117 » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: