Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 29, 2024, 10:32:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Added and modified  (Read 16713 times)
mrtimbr549
Sergeant

There are those who call me....Timmmm

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2006, 09:45:19 AM »

Muffy STFU!!!  Your opinion dosent matter to anyone until you are the game designer ...stop putting words into Emis mouth.  Just STFU!!!!
Truth be told, the opinion of a 16 YO , to me, is to be looked at with amusement.  Just remember, you are the admin of this forum, and you have no place proclaiming why something is or is'nt.
Zyggy put it concisely in his post.  Short , simple, clear.  And you dont want me as your new Nich because I will tear you into small, quivering pieces if I were to get worked up.  I dont want an argument , or fight, but I do want you to quit pretending that you have some sort of 'in' , or any sway over gameplay.
Report to moderator   Logged

Do us all a favor, pull your bottom lip over your head -- and swallow
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2006, 01:49:01 PM »

i don't, all I said was that was what he had said before. I even made it clear this is not what he was saying now. And the same can go for you. And that nicholas thing is a joke charlemagne started when nicholas said he was leaving, since we squabbled a lot. I'm not affraid of you or anyone else, I may be 17 (Turned  on April 5th) but I'm smart as well, and all I' doing is stating what is KNOWN to HAVE BEENB said PREVIOUSLY. Wither this is still true or not, I don't know. I never claimed anything of that sort, nor that i have any sway over the gameplay, but as I am making a 1 player game myself, and I play a lot of video games, I can see a good reason to why sir emi would do something like this. I'm not saying it is why he did it, I'm saying it MIGHT be why. I am in no way, shape, or form saying this is Sir Emi's words or opinion, or that it is even a fact. I'm saying it MIGHT be the reason why, from a logical stand point, it makes sense. whatever the real reason is unknown to me, but this is what I think it is, and I clearly stated that in my previous post:
I'm only repeating what he said before. And he's sells turns incase you want to buy turns rather then credits. But I'm not saying this is what he would say or means, I'm saying this is what he did say before.

Notice i clearly stated that it was what he had said previously, at an earlier time. Then I went on to say it may not be what he would say now, or even what this whole ordeal is about. so this attack on me, mainly you saying I'm putting words in Sir Emi's mouth, is unjustified. I stated my opinion, as you did, all I did differently was make counter points to your points. And if my opinion on what is the reason behind it, then nor does yours. You claim it is unfair, I claim it IS fair, but my opinion doesn't count yet yours does, even though neither of us designed the game? Doesn't work that way. And i may be younger then you, but you forget, people my age are three times more informed then you were at this age, so I know what I'm talking about. And the way Zyggy stated his opinion is good, and I respect that it is his opinion, even if i don't agree with it, just like I respect you have your opinion. I don't want to argue with you, but you are attacking me and my opinion, and I'm not going to sit and let you attack me. Had you respoded differently, more along the lines of, I don;t think that's why, something stating you understood it was my opinion and you didn't agree, I wouldn't have responded again, but you didn't. I've got the majority of SO against me on this discussion because they think it is bad, so I can't just post my opinion and sway anyone elses opinion, I've got to make counter points. No matter who had posted above me, I would have made counter points to their points in an attempt to get people to see why this might be a good thing, or at least why Sir emi might have done it. All mights there. Everything I've stated is speculation combined with logic, that's it. It is not fact, but an opinion drawn by using logic to see what Sir Emi's side of the story might be.

So before you tell me to shut up, my opinion doesn't matter because I'm young, inexpeirenced, whatever your reason may be, think about following your own advice and respect other's opinions, like I respect yours and Zyggy's. You're what, 40? I look at your opinion with amusement, becuase you apparently think since you've lived for so long, your opinion is more respectable. News flash, an opinion of a 7 year old is as valueable as your's or mine, because it is an opinion, one person's view on something. Now, were we both to know the same facts about why it was done, and this arguement ensued, then yes, your senoirity would make you more believable, but when it's an opinion, we're equals.

I respect you think this is a horrible thing and all that, so you should respect that I think it is good and that the reasons I posted for it happening are what I believe were the reason it was done. They are in no way facts, and I never said they were, you did.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2006, 10:45:01 PM »

you all act as though it is SUCH A BAD THING WITH MISSIONS!!!  JUST DON'T BE SO GREEDY!!!!!!

in all this time, I have just watched WoW come back from WEEKS of inactivity (I mean, he left before this round started) and in 1 WEEK, rose to top 10.  and this is WITH the 15 turns a mission. 

I don't know about you, but I am looking at it like this, ok, -roughly- 100 missions.  ships I have now cost, what, 1.2 bil.  I can do missions for, what? 40 mil?  100 of those missions means an extra 4 bil, enough to make ships double as big.  2.4 bil.  these I do, 80 mil, meaning next day, 8 bil profit.  guess what?  I get to make ships DOUBLE AS STRONG IN 24 HOURS!!!  why haven't I?  real life issues keep from making good on all those missions, and as a matter of fact stuck with 3000 turns right now.  this just means you can't sit there and get 3x that amount (and yes, ONLY 3 times)  this keeps up straight though, I start with 1.2 bil ships, I go to:
(day 1) 1.2
(day 2) 2.4
(day 3) 5 (rounded up)
(day 4) 10
(day 5) 20
(day 6) 40
(day 7) 80

LOOK!!  in just 1 WEEK out of what a round lasts?  MONTHS?!?!?!  I went from 1.2 bil ships to 80 bil ships.  need I go on???

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2006, 12:01:47 AM »

Thank you ars, you have furture proved my point, both here and in my thread in GD.

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2006, 05:41:10 AM »

OK this is not cool.  I have run completle out of turns for the first time in 4 rounds.  I DO NOT LIKE THIS 15 TURNS A MISSION.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
zyggy
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2006, 10:22:15 AM »

excuse me if im wrong here, but i coulda swore that the main idea for the missions was to train flts. in almost all rpgs, u train ur char against an unlimited & varied amount of npcs to gain exp & "money"/enhancements to upgrade ur char, so that ur char can take on higher ranked npcs or pvps. emi seems to have forgotten that aspect, or doesnt seem to understand the dynamics of this round. that being, the players at the start of this round decided among themselves to play peacefully (more or less) & build up for the "big one" rather than continuously skirmish. emi, u will get ur war, but now, later rather than sooner. in closing, in the games where training is unlimited, there is more action. all you've done is slow down the game, therefore slowing the interaction between players.

ONE OF THESE DAYS, I'M GOING TO CUT YOU INTO LITTLE PIECES!!!!
PierLuc
Private First Class

the canadian weapon !

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2006, 05:39:35 PM »

lol...just when im sorry about wat i said about 15Turns/missions,every1 start to say the same thing...they dont like this 'update' too.

:atention:i dont write this to restart to talk about this.

proud to be french !
tro fier d'etre francais !!

go edmonton go !
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2006, 10:43:15 PM »

pierluc, I seriously doubt ANYONE actually LIKES the 15 turns a mission, especially when it is normally the #1 way of building up.  but this is what has been put in place and thus must make the most of it. 

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2006, 01:56:45 AM »

Exactly. Missions are just to much of an important part of everyone's income to be 5 turns per. 10-15 turns is good, no more, no less.

SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2006, 04:07:15 PM »

well if you giong to put in 15 turn missions why dont you reset the round while your at it.

this would bring every 1 back to 0 and every 1 can start using the 15 turn mission and not have 400bil cash more since they had the time to run mission 24/7.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2006, 07:43:56 AM »

You can't reset the round after every update, and this isn't a major update, or Sir Emi would have waited until this round ended to put it in, like he did with the bounty system. All this did is change the number of missions you can do, not how the game is played. And those people with 400bil cash worked hard to get it, and deserve to get to keep it. The round has just begun, a lot more can change before it ends.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: