Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 29, 2024, 12:28:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Added and modified  (Read 16714 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: April 15, 2006, 10:16:48 AM »

- Added Bounty Hunter filter

- Fixed the reputation loss on failed encounters, in fact, encounters only influence rep in positive way if you manage to complete them.
- Rep loss on bounty is based on destroyed enemy fleets now, not your own fleets... also doing counters will gain rep in case you didn't know

Theare are a couple of modifications I have made to keep up with the missions.
- First thing I did was to take OUT the missions becoming harder if you took them to fast. Sorry about that, it was a stupid fix until I got a better idea.
- Second thing now 1 Missions, encounters, and bounty hunting take 15 turns, that's 1440 minutes per day / 15 => 96 missions, so preserve your turns or make more difficult missions.

I hope that takes care of the... I do 500 missions a day with no risk, because my fleet is 10 times stronger... You can do that, just at a lower scale, it's more fair for the others.

There was little support these days, but I'm used to work for free, so it's no problem, that's why I took some time and improved the donations system...

Donation system improved:
- Ok, missions cost more turns, so you can now donate and get additional turns, credits, or CP. Yes, you heard right, CP 1. How much you receive depends on the exchange rate, and the link to view all the options is near the Main Menu link, in the upper left corner of the screen. It says Support us...

Precessing is automatic and instant, bonuses will apply, and for ever $5 there is the $3 bonus and everything will be showed in the logs, as always.

Thank you for reading, and God Speed!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 01:30:39 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 10:00:16 PM »

you know why peeps do the 500 mission a day with a fleet 10 time stronger right it because afther diong those 500 missions or even less you get a fleet 10 times your fleet cost that kills around 50% if not more of your fleet and you dont get insurance since you lost more then you killed.

al true its giong to be a nice fix it will make the round go on for a other 3 months and favour the gold accounts even more.
Report to moderator   Logged
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 11:40:23 PM »

hmmm...  all I am going to say is the donate for CP may very well completely mess over everyone else if someone with a big enough bank account comes along, even more then credits.  although I am not going to complain a whole lot because of this since it would mean more moeny for you and the site in general.

but the missions 15 turns now?  hmm...  I don't know, I shall try it, but I don't know if this may have been such a good idea.  I think it still would have been cooler to just set it to where like it generates 1-5 mission every minute, and only stays up total for 1, maybe 2 hours. then even if no one did any, the max missions could get up to is 300, but it will be 300 that is completely restocked in 2 hours. (come to think of it, about same as now, except twice as fast)  anyway, ya, the only reason why I think ANY of us does so many missions is simply because of the fact that going for missions that give good amounts of profit in 1 mission is most likely way to difficult to actually accomplish.  then again, I HAVE been hitting max turns lately, so I don't know.

also, I wonder if you ever took some more thought into the mission "multiplier" I suggested.  this would also help, as it would mean effectively doing 5-10 missions while only taking out 1 mission.

oh, btw, 96, rounded to 100, if you can do 20 mil missions, this means by the end of 1 day, you can make 2 bil, so not to horribly bad.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 12:58:38 AM »

15 turns a mission all i got to say is BOOOOOOOOOOO

PierLuc
Private First Class

the canadian weapon !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 09:31:16 AM »

yea,thats the problem....
15 turns per missions...nobody like that !
10 was ok,5 was perfect but 15... 3
i have only a question....why ?? confused

proud to be french !
tro fier d'etre francais !!

go edmonton go !
jebus767
Private

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 11:00:48 AM »

The great thing about this game is that you don't have to vote to be able to compete without donating. Now with being able to donate for turns and CP the balance is going to be thrown off. Most people are just waiting for th eexchange rate to go up before donating.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 02:37:42 PM »

ya, of course, there really was a certain point to the fact someone with a big enough bank account could make it un-fair anyway, I mean, ya, I donated 10k to get an extra 2 tril today...  and that's at 200 mil to a dollar, imagine if it is higher??  all I'm saying about that though is 1: I would be kinda glad because you DO deserve it, emi, and 2: if people REALLY want the site to keep on going, more then likely they may donate JUST to keep it going, not for benefits.

and as far as the why the 15 turns a mission, pierluc, it was because someone could do 288 missions a day when missions would take what...  6 hours?  so if only 4 people took up doing non-stop missions, they could very potentially do EVERY single mission before anyone else could do any, 24/7.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
zyggy
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 03:11:53 PM »

i believe u screwed the pooch on the 15 turn thing, at least for missions. no one does enuf encounters or bounties to where 15 turns per will make a difference. i still firmly believe that the problem could have been solved better by raising the regen rate, while keeping the cap in place. all u did was slow down the pace of the game. we went thru this same debate 1.5 rounds ago, no one liked it then & no one likes it now. i do like the idea of donating for turns & cp, tho, cuz even with the old way i would run low on turns. btw, $5.00 worth of cp, doesnt do a whole lot, so i dont think it will unbalance the game, unless u DO  throw alot of money at it.   pukenotworking

ONE OF THESE DAYS, I'M GOING TO CUT YOU INTO LITTLE PIECES!!!!
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 04:41:16 PM »

oh dont get me started on 1.5 rounds agao... between the crazy lag and the tiny man i dont know what made me keep playing

thats the last thing i would want is for the game to slow down again.. i complete stop for about 2 months was bad enough.. and it was probely the #1 reason why dday started with peoples scores so low compared to the last round

keep it a fast paced game dont liment people... (again) it was hell last time it will be hell this time to

zyggy
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006, 05:37:30 PM »

thats what i mean, b4 last round, emi bumped turns/missions to 10 & there was a revolt, he got flamed & changed it back. that was when missions werent as intregal as they are now. even then it was suggested to raise the respawn rate. if u do that, no one would even notice. all we would see is enuf missions & game pace would not be affected. but, apparently, its better to slow the game, piss everyone off & really not solve the problem. but, maybe, i have no idea how complex that would be, after all, i have no clue about coding. but, thats my opinion, i could be wrong.                                                                  wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash notworking notworking notworking notworking notworking notworking

ONE OF THESE DAYS, I'M GOING TO CUT YOU INTO LITTLE PIECES!!!!
Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 01:37:34 AM »

15 turns 2 surprise

i think 10 might be a better choice and its still cutting the origonal by half please please please please please

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Lightseeker_Eu
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 03:09:53 AM »

it is bad enough people can't really beat missions with 100% plus difficulty, now this.... 15 turns/mission makes the game 3 times slower and extremely boring boring boring  wounded1 what a waste
BOS
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 04:11:13 AM »

The game is already going down the drain, but the 15 turns/mision is an exagerate decision, i just can't understand why you did that emy, so just give us all a  ban and say  sorry, and we will let you play the game all by your selfe.

Beter alive then dead ;)

PierLuc
Private First Class

the canadian weapon !

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 10:00:18 AM »

absolutely nobody, like this new 'update',if its not an downdate.

every1 was happy with 5 turns per missions,...but now...there was NO good

reason to make that...we want the ancient version back

proud to be french !
tro fier d'etre francais !!

go edmonton go !
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 11:07:40 AM »

No, 5 turns is too low now, missions are to intigrated into everyone's play to be so low, but 15 is a little high, though I can live with it, but I say 10 would be fairier. And guess, the excange rate goes up with the average power and all that, so unless you throws HUNDREDS of dollars at the game, it won't unbalance it. a $5 donation might get you 1 or 2 levels in the beginning, but at rank 5 or 10, it gets you nothing really, so it won't unbalance the game, it just lets people choose what reward they want, which I think is a good thing. Way to go Sir Emi, but you might want to do what ars said and look into lowering the missions, encounters, and bounties to 10 turns, though I'm fine with the 15.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: