Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 23, 2024, 05:10:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: View / Edit Fleet  (Read 5402 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: March 24, 2007, 03:39:12 PM »

- Added another column for showing original / cloned designs for Gold accounts, as they use the clone fleet option, and they need to see what fleets are cloned.

Cloned fleets do not show for cloning again, so a designer has to protect the original design, for example if he designs a fleet and clones it, the original will be the first fleet, and the other a clone. Now if he sells the original, it will become a public fleet, however if he sells a clone it will not. That's why it is important to see the originals, so he does not sell the original by mistake...
Report to moderator   Logged

al3xazz
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 04:48:54 PM »

Thank you very much E- this update will be very helpefull

BadGuy
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 04:59:42 PM »

Sir Emi,

This is not working properly as I have original fleets showing an "N"

This is happening on some swarmers where I have multiples of same design.

I am also showing clones with a "Y" for original.
Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 08:58:16 PM »

I would like it where a design isn't deleted when you sell it emi. I know that there are several non-gold commanders that hate having to redesign a ship after they sell it. When you sell a design in the view screen it should be sent back to your resupply list instead of being erased. You need to add a "delete design" feature where commanders can delete designs without having to view them. This would allow players to delete powership designs more easily without having to load them in the "view" page. This would really make things easier.  1

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 09:07:53 PM »

I think a couple buttons on the Edit screen,   Sell/delete , and Sell  so we can just sell the ships or sell and delete ships that we dont want anymore with haveing to look at everyoneand save load times and clicks

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Lord Kyuubi
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 09:47:34 PM »

I agree, takes along time to delete 1000 fleets so long that I gave up

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 10:53:23 PM »

Sure thing, I'm goings to work on adding a sell option where you could select a number of ships or all the ships from the fleet with a checkbox to keep the blueprint if you sell them all...

If you sell an original, depending on the stats of this original, the system may decide to keep it for others to clone.
If you sell a clone blueprint, it will be deleted, can not be cloned, exept if it is a good original as above.

BadGuy, you'll need to check you fleet logs history for the clones that you say are originals, check if they were cloned, it should show in there, maybe you bought the blueprint and renamed it etc. Renaming can make it confusing for you to determine what designs are what, but the original and clone tag are always there to help you identify them...

A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 02:11:33 PM »

NOW THAT'S A GREAT UPDATE!! wow wow wow wow wow wow

Greetz, ABI w00t2
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 02:16:21 PM by A^Bloody^Idiot » Report to moderator   Logged

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 02:38:36 PM »

Thanks, I tried to make it as easy to manage as possible.

Now to access the View Fleet Details you have to click the link View / Edit, clicking the fleet row will check it in order to sell ships in it etc., previously it got you to detailed ship view.

Also added more information when selling the ship, like how many marines were sold, how many ships left, etc.

When you sell a number of ships from a fleet with marines, e.g. sell 10 out of 100 ships, then 10% of the marines of the fleet will also be included in the sale, sell 45 out of 150, then 45/150 of marines are sold.

The sell all + upgrades option in the View Fleet Details works as the sell all + upgrades in the View Fleet.

That's about it, back to Galaxy Project, enjoy  1

A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 02:41:04 PM »

It's very good (or is it?)

Only 1 bad part...
The fleets I cloned, are mostly created by my own :S
For instance, the tyesta with 1000 guns on it, which I created myself, has been cloned by ALOT of people...
But I ain't getting any design royalties for 6 days now...
But I know alot of people are using them...
So I'm losing a few trillions that way...
Also other fleets I cloned from other people, appear to be my own...
I think you ought to fix this, 'cus I've been.. well.. kinda (sorry for saying it) but fed up losing money in all sorts of ways, I've been the dupe from alot of errors or bugs, and almost never regained anything back...

Like this now, my tyesta fleet, alot of people are using them, but I ain't getting the design royalties from them, and ppl will probably use them alot of comming rounds...
I might be sounding like a whining person right now, but well, I tihnk I hold back too long 21 and it's time to sya something right now, like 2 rounds ago, when I was number 1, I lost 5 out of 7 fleets to a single killer fleet, which costed about 8 times my total fleets cost together, at which you guys said I had turned off my cost calculator, which I didn't, which made me lost me top 1 position...

This round Emi has been getting alot of stuff from me which I  thought might not have been right, but now he has proven me always if it was right or not, and I thank him for that alot and thank him for understanding and not going crazy from my whining, but I didn't stop no 16
I kept on going, just like I am now, 'cus I'm kinda pissed to the fact that I now know I will never get design royalties from my tyesta's anymore, eventhough I know lots of people are using them 21 10 wounded1

Thx for reading,

Greetz, ABI w00t2

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 02:57:13 PM »

ABI, post in Bugs section with all the details you can, the exact fleet name, when was the first fleet created, what date, 1,2,3 mounths ago etc, and I'll check it out.

There are a number of things that could explain that:

- When you do a boarding battle, the fleets captured are original designs, so it's possible that if you capture a fleet will all the upgrades intalled you get another original of the fleet. (So if you capture only the hull, it's name would be like the original, but it's contents will not.)
- Maybe you created the fleet a long time ago, when all fleets were originals...
- Maybe you created the original, cloned a couple fleets, then accidentally sold the original and kept the clones, making the design public domain
- Renaming fleets and making names like other fleets
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 02:59:04 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 03:05:46 PM »

ABI any of the old ships are not covered by this clone thing, but all new builds are.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 03:07:15 PM »

I love the new upgrade Sir Emi it is great  wow

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2007, 03:07:41 PM »

21 hmmm.. must have sold the original then...

D'oH!!! Opps wounded1 wounded1 wounded1 wounded1

ye ye I know, I'm ABI Opps

Thx for telling Sir Emi 1 and Frank 1

Greetz, ABI w00t2

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: