Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 29, 2024, 12:24:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty system complete  (Read 24348 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: April 12, 2006, 07:28:20 PM »

It's a new link in the mission contracts area. It says Bounty List

The system will enable a commander to make covert ops operation on another commander.
The bounty is placed because of a negative reputation, due to negative actions.

The sytem gathered info in the last couple of days, so the are a lot of bounty out there...  5 way to go Palad, the big bounty will also protect you in a weird way lol

It works like this: You need a certain fleet power, and the commander the bounty is placed on, needs a certain fleet power.
Your bounty hunter level depends on rep and commander level. This affect the minimum and maximum reward you can collect.
The Council wil not give you the details unless the reward is whitin your range of min and max reward.
To collect, you will need to find a sutable victim, whitin your grasp... min and max reward, and with a decent fleet...

You goal? To destroy some of his fleets... The more you destroy, the greater the bounty and bonus exp points.

Tip: Watch out for big fleet commanders, read the contract carefully before you do it, small bounty will max out quickly on big fleets, and you will need to face them all... kinda hard to put it in writing... well, you'll see

More info about how it works in here:

This is quite complex and new system, please post any suggestions for improvement, and tips and usefull info you may find.
http://www.forum.spaceodyssey.biz/index.php?topic=209.0

Almost forgot, bounty hunters can come for you in the nebula too, but they can only destroy your fleets, so that's a bad one, and a good one...
You can lower you bounty, just do the good deeds  :1:

The rest you will find out for yourself... I hope 1  19

God Speed!  :17:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 08:24:37 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

xocp
Private

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 07:38:10 PM »

I just ran a couple of bounties, and it caused my reputation to go down... any reason on why doing bounties would decrease your rep?  I would think it would increase it...
Report to moderator   Logged
xocp
Private

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 07:38:54 PM »

Oh yeah, otherwise great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love the extra experience points, I levelled twice in two bounties!

:1:
zyggy
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 08:12:37 PM »

ur rep prolly went down cuz u made an attack, besides, bounty hunting is not nice way to make a living. bounty hunters dont have a very good rep in RL, kinda like human repo men.

ONE OF THESE DAYS, I'M GOING TO CUT YOU INTO LITTLE PIECES!!!!
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 08:16:12 PM »

I does increase your rep, unless you do a great deal of damage to the commander, in that case it can lower it lol... and increase the bounty on your head...  to lower the bounty on your head, complete missions or do other good deeds...

I like it, it's very realistic, please post any comments 1
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 08:18:31 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

zyggy
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 09:14:36 PM »

ok, i like the premise, but as yet have not been able to do 1. pls explain the parameters as to ranking a little better. say my rep is only 1 point off & the victim is within my normal range, why am i unable to attack? 

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 09:29:09 PM »

let's say he's got a 10 mil bounty. Your range is 5 - 10 mil, so you could do it.
But the commander you are attacking should have at least 1 mil fleet power for every 10 mil credits in the bounty.

So a 100 mil bounty will require him to have at least 10 mil fleet power before anyone can touch him.

zyggy
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 09:39:47 PM »

sorry for all the questions, ok got the last 1 figured out. how does this system affect truces?

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 10:09:43 PM »

yes, that's one of my questions, the other one is why do people with positive reps have bounties? shouldn't they be off the list, since they are so good?

Also, forgot about this, what are the limits on your rep, like how high and low can it be?

Oh, and a suggestion, you should make it easier to increase your good rep, cause I've done about 20 missions successfully, and only gone up about 100 in rep.

Another idea, you should make it so that people with really low reps can do high rewards as well, since they are really evil and all, I mean, especially since doing bounties will most likely decrease your rep a ton, after only a few of them, your in the negatives. This way, it would allow some people to be like actual bounty hunters. You could make it that the closer to 0 rep you are, the lower the reward, then the farther away you get (be it higher or lower) the higher credit bounties you can do.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 10:58:35 PM by Monkey D. Luffy » Report to moderator   Logged

Demitrious Ducas
Lance Corporal

I can't say anything making this image any better!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 03:19:12 AM »

Commander level 113, Reputation -5155
Your bounty hunter level is: Scoundrel

Minimun reward: 5,000,000 credits
Maximum reward you can cash in: 10,000,000 credits

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I don't even know what I was doing that was so evil.  12
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 04:48:17 AM »

There is no limit to how low or high a rep you can have.
You can have a bounty with a good rep in this case: You gain like 100 rep from missions, that will get your bounty to 0.
Then you start doing bad things, and lose 50 rep. Now you have +50 rep and 50 mil bounty on your head.  :13:
Each time you win a rep point +1 rep, -1 mil bounty, -1 rep, +1 mil bounty.

The low rep commanders are considered good bounty hunters now, as well as the high rep commanders.
To gain the bounty hunter level, you need to do a lot of good or bad things now...  :1:

Demitrious Ducas
Lance Corporal

I can't say anything making this image any better!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 04:53:43 AM »

Commander level 117, Reputation -4248
Your bounty hunter level is: Notorious Hunter

Minimun reward: 1,814,305,500 credits
Maximum reward you can cash in: 3,628,611,000 credits

I like the sound of that ALOT more!  gunsmilie
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 05:05:32 AM »

how do I know if I need to raise or lower my rep what is the paramiters of that

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 05:42:22 AM »

Um, basically, your rep decides what ranges you can attack in, which decides who you can hunt. It is up to you if you want to raise it or lower it, but high rep gets +defense and -attack, while low rep gets +attack -defense. Eac has it's pros and cons, just depends on your style of play.

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 05:44:57 AM »

well I would just like to get to attack someone

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print