Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 31, 2024, 07:36:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Chance's Legendary Spelling Error List  (Read 5229 times)
Chance
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2007, 12:22:16 AM »

Sorry if this doesn't belong here, I was caught somewhere between "Bugs and Problems" and "Suggestions".

I, and a select number of other people, feel that proper spelling and grammar is essential to a good playerbase. To encourage this, I've decided to start up my old list again to assist Emi in this quest for spelling... greatness. I'm not trying to be rude or demote Emi or anyone else who helped with the game, simply helpful. ;)

These are errors I've noticed and others have told me about, at my request.

-- In Game Errors--
* When sending in an application to an alliance, the word "application" is spelt with only 1 p. There should be two.
* I haven't seen this one myself, but when raiding someone too many times in a row, the word "past" has doubled up p's.
* Your Commander "You can use command points to increase your expertize in a particular skill."  (expertise)
* Build Facility "Take great care when keeping a fully loaded wharehouse" (warehouse)

* The Doom's Day block of text seems to contain quiet the number, including some grammar issues... I'll try to clear this up...
"After 20 researchers join, there is a 24 hour warning period in which the researchers can be attacked with no limits."  (Revised)
"If they are not stoped, DDAY will start." (stopped) 
"When DDAY is over, you will still have your fleet and system designs, but all resources will be set to 0, and everyone will have a fair start on the new round." (Revised)

*Extend Mothership: Be advised that the bigger the mothership gets, the harder it will be to extend. (Me being picky. Missed a comma is all.)

I'm going to take a break for now, and if I find some others, I'll post them here. Feel free to post your own.

On a side note, I'm impressed with how the game has advanced, Emi. I especially like the vastly improved guide. Very nice work on keeping the errors at a minimum, too. Kudos to you and your contributors. ;)

My apologies for any of my own spelling or grammar errors. Good luck in Space Odyssey!

~~ Chance

(Also, I'd prefer that if you had questions, comments, or anything that shouldn't/you don't want to post here, you send it to me in-game. "Chance (#706)" Thank you.)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 12:32:23 AM by Chance » Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 02:05:46 AM »

great to see you back Chance, and thanks for the help 1
Report to moderator   Logged

Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 11:39:16 AM »

In the Manage Gold Account area:

The reason you would want your designs public is so your could get royalty from other commanders cloning your designs.  (Correction: "...so *you can* get *royalties* from other commanders *who are* cloning...")
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 11:41:39 AM by Charlemagne » Report to moderator   Logged

In this picture there are 40 people.  None of them can be seen.  In this film we hope to show you how not to be seen.
Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 11:42:08 AM »

In View Logs:

Stash Depozit (Correction: Deposit)

In this picture there are 40 people.  None of them can be seen.  In this film we hope to show you how not to be seen.
Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 11:44:46 AM »

The Space Odyssey Announcement block of text:

For those who want to donate for free credits. The exchange rate is 35.000.000.000 cr for $1.  (Correction: "...for free credits, the exchange rate is...")

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 03:13:01 PM »

I've corrected the spelling errors, exept for the one in the donation text, I like the capital T it makes a better statement.

They should be correct in the next update.

Please post any others here,

Thank you

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 04:00:48 AM »

we're looking for spelling here Char, nto grammer, lol. The grammer will go to hell with the translators anyway, so it won't matter. (example: We walked the dog, quickly, to the park; translated in many languages, becomes: the dog quickly we, walked, park to. Grammer matters little unless a human beng is translating the text.)

on the quick reply box in the fourm, smilies is spelled smileys.

Remfer
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 12:22:18 AM »

BTW- technically this isn't a bug and not much of a problem...but i guess it counts as a problem and should go here.  But marine insurance and stuff like that is better than fixing some spelling mistakes.  As long as people get the general idea and can infer what they mean (if spelled incorrectly) then priority wise it's not a big problem 1
Remfer
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 12:22:58 AM »

(and...next thing we know it's grammer...i get enough of that in school so i don't want that thread showing up laugh  )
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 10:06:19 PM »

Yeah but this is easy to fix...just go to where the misspelling is in the code, retype it, and its done.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 10:34:10 PM »

Maybe you should spell grammar* correctly before trying to tell me not to fix it... 

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 11:54:08 PM »

Another thing -- Instead of saying Long Limb Robes, the market good instead says Long Limb Roes.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
djjcuk
Sergeant

tho' I seek perfection, I wear my scars with pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 01:25:32 PM »

I dont think I've noticed punctuation or spelling mistakes before.... 16

The enlightened man would offer a weary traveller shelter for the night and share a quiet conversation over a bowl of... coco-puffs...

Commander and chat mod djjcuk(#43519), Ultimate Weapon

"Why do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog buns come in packages of 8?" - Bulletproof Monk
Remfer
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 09:53:34 PM »

:| what has this world come to
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: