Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 29, 2024, 03:48:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty System Improved  (Read 11828 times)
Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 07:09:35 PM »

Actually, I play the game on my home computer much more then everyone else in here Lamma, you'll be amazed of many times I test attacked you Lamma   laugh

i think hes infering something but im probably the only one who got it
Report to moderator   Logged

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2007, 03:10:59 AM »

Sir Emi I thought that doing a bounty was suppose to improve your Rep now make it get worse?

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 04:18:37 PM »

Hm, it seems you gained rep from the bounty hunter contract then lost some rep after destroying some enemy fleet, that resulted in losing more then you gained by doing the bounty.

I've corrected it and will update it tonight, you should only gain rep trough bounty hunting.

Thank you

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 01:33:16 AM »

- Fixed the loss of reputation on bounty mission, you should now only gain rep by doing bounty missions.
- Fixed a bug were you would not receive marines insurance if you won a mission and lost all marines on the fleet, it worked if there were marines left, but didn't count the killed marines when they were 0 left... works fine now  1

Thank you for your help Frank

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 05:25:54 AM »

not a problem Sir Emi  just trying to help you as I can.  I noticed a problems and let you know to make the game better

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
BadGuy
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 11:46:17 PM »

One update that the game really needs is for you to be able to identify alliance of defender before a bounty.  This will get rid of excuses that the attacker did not know that they are bountying a truced ally.
Bugboy
Private

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2007, 01:14:06 AM »

yeah, i have had to get a list of RT and Kickbutt members off of Badguy so i don't break a cease fire that RT and ML have, now that i have seen the list, i see that there are some kickbutt that i have hit and for hat i apologise, i apologise again in case i hit an RT.

I am all powerful I am a destroyer of worlds beware you shall face my wrath
Lord Kyuubi
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2007, 02:25:10 PM »

I agree with this, Sir Emi is there a way to id the alliances before you bounty someone? Like add the alliance logo infront of the names like in rankings page?

Bugboy
Private

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 03:33:30 AM »

Alternatively, on the screen that comes after you click on the collectable commander, the persons alliance is shown.

ie.

Incomning! Encrypted transmission from the Council

WANTED! Private Commander (#000) of [Insert Alliance Name Here]

I am all powerful I am a destroyer of worlds beware you shall face my wrath
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2007, 04:12:32 AM »

or for crying out loud, you could just NOT do bounties unless it is on an enemy youse are at war with. angel_not

spider2

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2007, 02:22:25 PM »

The thing is the bounty was supposed to by anonymous like you don't know who he was that hit you since he used the covert ops, to enable treachery and stuff like that amoung alliance members, so there needs to be a fix to preserve that anonimity of the bounty hunter, no counters and no commander name in logs... and news just bounty hunter attack to commander and he lost xx power.

I'm not sure how it will affect the new commanders, they have to be warned somehow if they start to multi-attack and their bounty starts going up.... don't want too see a lot of bounty attacks and no way to counter them...

Of course we can add the alliance name in there for now...

BadGuy
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2007, 04:06:03 PM »

If bounty were anonymous, we would have a free for all with everyone just hitting anyone that showed up on list.

I would rather have it the way it is now and the alliances can work it out when someone gets bountied by ally.
Revan
Lance Corporal

In game name- Jace

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 05:52:48 PM »

Hay what if you could creat a bounty yourself, like if someone really pissed you off then you could creat a bounty. You would put a down payment for the reward, it would be like a real bounty system then.

~You should know by now... I can't die.

~Forgotten Ancients- With us the fate of the galaxy rests...
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2007, 01:42:26 AM »

Hay what if you could creat a bounty yourself, like if someone really pissed you off then you could creat a bounty. You would put a down payment for the reward, it would be like a real bounty system then.

Yes Revan, I was thinking of that when the bounty system was created, however I did not have the means to implement it until there was a safe system in place to prevent someone from doing a bounty on his alts.

The way it is now, that in order to receive the bounty and exp, you actually have to destroy the credits in ships to gain the bounty, it may actually be possible to implement that...

There will probaly be a fee to make it even safer, like you set a 1 million bounty, 10% is deducted as fee, and he gets a 900k bounty on his head. Reputation will not be affected by increasing his bounty.

I will put that on my todo list, thank you.

djjcuk
Sergeant

tho' I seek perfection, I wear my scars with pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2007, 05:50:27 AM »

The thing is the bounty was supposed to by anonymous like you don't know who he was that hit you since he used the covert ops, to enable treachery and stuff like that amoung alliance members, so there needs to be a fix to preserve that anonimity of the bounty hunter, no counters and no commander name in logs... and news just bounty hunter attack to commander and he lost xx power.

I'm not sure how it will affect the new commanders, they have to be warned somehow if they start to multi-attack and their bounty starts going up.... don't want too see a lot of bounty attacks and no way to counter them...

Of course we can add the alliance name in there for now...

That would be a great idea Emi...... make the bounty hunter anonymous...... 16

The enlightened man would offer a weary traveller shelter for the night and share a quiet conversation over a bowl of... coco-puffs...

Commander and chat mod djjcuk(#43519), Ultimate Weapon

"Why do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog buns come in packages of 8?" - Bulletproof Monk
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: