Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 28, 2024, 08:35:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty System Improved  (Read 11933 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: March 11, 2007, 10:37:13 PM »

- Changed the bounty system for determining collectable bounties to take target fleet costs into account as opposed to the old system that was only dependand on target fleet power
- The old fleet power restrictions while attacking are unchanged
- To determine if a bounty is collectable, the enemy has to have fleets that cost at least the bounty amount, so watching your bounty and making sure your total active fleets are below that is a sure way to not attract bounty hunters 1

I think the system is much better now, taking a look at the collectable bounties, I see a lot more that can be taken and the fight is goning to be a fair one, basically if you want to win you will probably need expensive fleets or some wise tactics, a bounty hunters life, also tried a low bounty and it's pretty cool 1
Report to moderator   Logged

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 10:50:01 PM »

so my fleets have to well this wont work to well.. i see flaws..

all i have to do now is place p ships above my mission ships.. and someone can still easly bounty me and if they kill the p ships and have a stale mate against my mission ships they will still get the bounty..

and oddly what i just said is the EXACT same thing that loi did.. and i bountied wofly aswell.. i dont see how this is going to solve anything

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 11:00:13 PM »

Oh yeah, I forgot I will update the system it actually checks how much credits you destroyed so you can get the bounty based on that, thank you Lamma.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 09:45:22 AM »

- collectable now depends on  the target fleet costs, he has to have active fleets that cost more than the whole bounty in order to be targeted
- Bounty payed if successfull ranges from 1% - 100%, depending on how expensive the fleets you destroyed were. e.g. Bounty is 100 bil, target has 150 bil ships, you destroy 20 bil in ships, bounty is 20% => 20 bil and 20k experience

Remfer
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 11:55:09 AM »

sweet, made 3 billion credits off it already in 10 minutes...my signiture is coming true!
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 06:19:06 PM »

so now your saying that anyone could bounty me in any way?

and you did this "change" without notifying the generaly spaceo public first?

thats bull nuts i was relaying on bountys to be conentrated on power AND cost at the same time, and sence it is apperntly not i was bountied and lost my 2 ships.. why do you have to pull nuts like this emi you about killed me and finished off my will to play this game..
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 06:21:15 PM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 08:38:45 PM »

Ouch. Well, atleast you are still further ahead than you were before you started using the bounty system.  thumbsup

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 08:57:47 PM »

you do know under the new rules your bounty is currently collectable to right?

Remfer
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 10:27:35 PM »

not me...i have + rep unlike some people *looks at lamma* there were a few weak ones...but i was able to make 8 bil credits (good for me at the moment...sorta starting off slow this round) and get my rep from -2000 were i was being bountied to 438 where now all the bounties are like 1.000.000 fleet power so i can't do them
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 11:10:39 PM »

well i dont like how emi removed the power resiction without telling everyone thats threatend by it.. i went from being perfectly safe and impossble to be collectable to being collectable and my 2 lead ships dieing in a bounty with in 4 hours.. and the entire time i was at school.. its not a fun thing to come back to.. when you log on after comming back suspecting to do some missions to see a bounty that to what you last cheaked was impossible to do..

great job emi, now can you add another update that removes rank 1's marines and makes it so that people can attack though a neb? so then we can at least be even on this one..

oh no better idea! anyone without an allaince cant be nebed and marines are weakened 50%.. ooooh you should add that,that should make sure everyone is in allainces.. and well of course screw someone else over.. but you wouldnt care about that right? i mean you dont actally PLAY the game.. you just get the money people donate to it..
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 11:33:38 PM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

Remfer
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 08:05:07 AM »

wait?  u can counter bounties??? i didn't know that!!! i wouldn't have attacked so many with bounty missions....no no no no no....................... 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 01:59:59 PM »

Actually, I play the game on my home computer much more then everyone else in here Lamma, you'll be amazed of many times I test attacked you Lamma   laugh

Remfer
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 06:02:43 PM »

you mean you play on the test server?   that's not fair...making it so you can be the best at a game...u know if i were an admin...the first few months it was out i would make it so if the commander's name is (whatever i chose it to be) then that person automatically gets 1.000.000.000.000.000 credits (and i would be that commander) every day...that'd be sweet...if everyone had that kind of credits and the missions fixed themselves...people would be soaring up...or everything would be more expensive if everyone had that kind of credits due to ...what's it called again?  it happened to the german mark where 1.000.000.000 marks = 1 US dollar...
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 09:33:12 PM »

i mean play the game, for real.. like umm try to get top ten.. then your maybe see how darn hard it is.. and how annyoing some of the updates you do mid-game are 1

Remfer
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 09:51:29 PM »

1 yeah...but now the beginning of the game means more bounties
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: