Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 28, 2024, 03:14:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Some fixes and improvements...  (Read 10688 times)
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 06:16:46 PM »

I play strategie game like Age of Empires used to be, I play a race and I find out a great tactic, I win allot of games and I get a high rating, then the maker of the game resets my rating as I used a tactic that other players dont know?

Isnt it the purpose of such a game to find and use a tactic that is better/ more providable then other players use? And we get punished for finding such a tactic, to even it up to those who didnt found that tactic.

Same if you work in a car factory as a supervisor and your boss comes to you and tells you: You make the wrong models, yesterday I decided we are going to make another model, since then you wasted alot of resources, please pay me for that.
On which you respond: But I didnt get notified that we changed?
Boss: Yes and?

If you change something without letting people know that consequences of that should not be a punishment for those who didnt know it changed.
Report to moderator   Logged

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2007, 06:48:42 PM »

- numbers over 100, you can capture from 5% - 65% of fleet (was 1% - 100%)

Actually the previous percent was (50%-100%), I have now changed it to 1% - 100% should add more flavour to boarding and should be pretty ballanced (and profitable).

davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 07:03:13 PM »

i agree with ftp if others dont find out about it thats not our fault
deathStar1337
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 08:55:43 PM »

[Rude and unproductive commnet deleted]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 09:26:23 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Forfeit the game , Before somebody else Takes you out of the frame and Puts your name to shame, Cover up your face , You can't run the race, The pace is too fast,You just won't last!
davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 09:01:19 PM »

no way reset the whole rd ive invested to much time and donated at the start to get where i am now
deathStar1337
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 09:03:24 PM »

THANK YOU so much davey. I was hopeing you were going to reply with that ^^  so the only FAIR action is to put boarding back teh way it was!

~edit~ missed T off thank  6 ~edit~

Forfeit the game , Before somebody else Takes you out of the frame and Puts your name to shame, Cover up your face , You can't run the race, The pace is too fast,You just won't last!
Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 09:05:36 PM »

Emi... you've done a fantastic job with the game thus far... but DS is right, you can't simply implement such a major change to the boarding system mid-round... DS and others are right in saying that it gives an unfair advantage to those who used the old boarding system up until the change was implemented, and now those of us who knew about it but are now at a disadvantage now that the new system has been implemented are left in the dust.  While resetting the round is maybe a tad drastic, something NEEDS to change, because quite frankly I was hoping to make top 10 again this round, and now it seems as though I'll be relegated to a top 50 finish again...

Please don't take this as an attack, but more of a suggestion.

-Charlemagne
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 09:30:07 PM by Charlemagne » Report to moderator   Logged

In this picture there are 40 people.  None of them can be seen.  In this film we hope to show you how not to be seen.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 09:28:59 PM »

Emi... you've done a fantastic job with the game thus far... but DS is right, you can't simply implement such a  major change to the boarding system mid-round... DS and others are right in saying that it gives an unfair advantage to those who used the old boarding system up until the change was implemented, and now those of us who knew about it but are now at a disadvantage now that the new system has been implemented are left in the dust.  While resetting the round is maybe a tad drastic, something NEEDS to change, because quite frankly I was hoping to make top 10 again this round, and now it seems as though I'll be relegated to a top 50 finish again...

Please don't take this as an attack, but more of a suggestion.

-Charlemagne

It's not major at all, it was simply made to give fleets 1% to 100% instead of 50% - 100% of captured mission fleets.

You won't make 3 x times marines invested per mission maybe you'll make 1.5 x times, but it's still good.
It's very important that all sources of credits income have around the same opportunity for making credits.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 09:31:16 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2007, 09:33:26 PM »

But you said earlier...

- numbers from 2-100, you can capture 2-100
- numbers over 100, you can capture from 5% - 65% of fleet (was 1% - 100%)

And seeing as most of the encountered fleets are over 100 in number, this would mean I can only capture 65% of any given fleet over 100 in number, instead of a max of 100%... does this not result in a significant loss of profit?

EDIT: Emi, if those who "didn't know" about the profit in boarding had actually bothered to read about that particular update, they would have had just as good a chance to make the profit as the ones who knew did.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 09:40:06 PM by Charlemagne » Report to moderator   Logged

In this picture there are 40 people.  None of them can be seen.  In this film we hope to show you how not to be seen.
deathStar1337
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2007, 09:40:50 PM »

[Rude and unproductive commnet deleted]

how was that not productive, yes some was rude but i had a point and i made it very well. (recieved sevreral messages from players stating just that)

posting again with a little PG rating just for you.

it is thier own fault if they didnt read forum about the boarding update last round.

it is thier own fault if they didnt think  to test it out last round or even on the test server.

I might not be boarding missions yet but that is cause i dont have the power to do it cost effectively. I did it last round with great profit towards end , and have built special ships to board for a few of the top 10 this round so i know all about it.

As far as investing more in commander abilities. the players who have already boarded with the OLD system have the upper hand now.

You cannot fairly change this now. Players higher up have had the chance to board as it was. now when i get up to the boarding stage i got the bad settings?? That so not fair emi. talk about unfair advantage.

It doesnt matter how small the change is, its still a change to make it less prfoitable/fair to players who havent used old system

It should be put back to how it was to make it fair to everyone

You cant fairly make such a HUGE change during the round

Regards

DS_1337  11
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 09:46:46 PM by deathStar1337 » Report to moderator   Logged

davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2007, 10:24:40 PM »

well im making a mint either way so im happy
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007, 05:46:12 AM »

ur one of the only ones that can make much off it atm, not many otehre people have the commander points 2 hav the skills ivested 2 make it easyer. an update like this shuld be tested in the test server b4 being put strait into the game, and i also think it is an update for the start of the round just so every 1 is even and no 1 can get the upper hand because they happened 2 b ahead at the time of the update

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2007, 05:08:33 PM »

- Fixed a bug were you got an error while attacking the system assigned fleets if there were more then 10 fleets of the same type, and the battle could not start
- Also fixed a bug were the defender got an attack message for each and every fleet assigned, e.g. assigned 10 fleets and someone attacked them, i got 10 attack messages...

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2007, 01:57:21 PM »

Game updates.     
        Space Odyssey reserves the right to change any aspect of the game without prior warning. If you do not agree with the rules, please close this window and do not enter the game!

Stop Complaining.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: