Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 29, 2024, 09:58:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: speed missions  (Read 19046 times)
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2006, 02:11:50 PM »

I did say it before, in another thread. I said we needed higher turns per mission, and I agreed with someone who said to raise the respawn rate and amount that that was needed too, but they wanted it set back to 5 turns, which isn't a good idea, because then we're back to square one. All we need is to get all the major updates in, and then end the round so that everyone can have a freash strt and not have any huge changes until the end of the round.
Report to moderator   Logged

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2006, 07:13:49 PM »

yes 5 turns per mission and faster spawn rates.. aka keep the same mission limet as before..- about 800 1% missions but have it spawn 30 missions every min.. it would be the same amount as usuall not taking up much more bandwitch.. but there would always be there.. unless people can do 30 missions a minunte for who knows how long to get rid of all 800..

in other words reduse the time there on to like lets say an hour instead of 5 hours.. and increase the amout that spawn my 5x faster.. that way there would be less chance of running out of missions beacuse misisons would spawn alot faster... 5x faster to be exact... ya i would take me + like 3 other ppl doing 1% missions as fast as i can for 2 hours to get rid of all 800 now... if it was 5x faster... it would be near impossible to deplete the missions...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 10:01:09 PM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2006, 08:35:33 AM »

what if you had 100 people for 24 hours straight non-stop (once 100 people ran out of turns, another 100 get on) would it still be depleted pretty quickly? (and btw, I think it says there is like 8-9k people playing this game now, so there is enough for this to actually happen)

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2006, 01:46:25 PM »

Lamma, you totally bent my words out of proportion:
I said we needed higher turns per mission, and I agreed with someone who said to raise the respawn rate and amount that that was needed too, but they wanted it set back to 5 turns, which isn't a good idea, because then we're back to square one. All we need is to get all the major updates in, and then end the round so that everyone can have a freash start and not have any huge changes until the end of the round.

I think no less then 10 turns per, though I'm fine with 15. But the respawn rate, in both the galaxy and in the missions and ranks need to be faster and more, too many players now, and not enough of those to go around. Also, mining needs to be choosable wither you use credits or turns, like training your commander. Makes it more balanced.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: