Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 29, 2024, 08:12:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: speed missions  (Read 19042 times)
Ricu
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2006, 04:06:38 PM »

21 they are fixed.... but now they cost 15 turns.

OK children , Thank ars for this  11
Children : Thanx ars  4

sorry man , i coundt controll it , its from Married with Children it craks me up.  5

Report to moderator   Logged

zyggy
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2006, 06:20:04 PM »

y'all can blame me all u want, i did not want to slow the game down, which is what emi did. i was sick & tired of not having ANY missions to do. MY SUGGESTION WAS TO RAISE THE REGEN RATE. which was completely ignored. 4 ranting2 wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash

ONE OF THESE DAYS, I'M GOING TO CUT YOU INTO LITTLE PIECES!!!!
mrtimbr549
Sergeant

There are those who call me....Timmmm

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2006, 11:54:11 AM »

EMI QUIT SCREWING WITH THE GAME SETUP!!!
Every time you get into a rythym with this game, you change things up.  Good God, I hate playing with someone who constantly changes the rules.  This is not to say that you are not appreciated for all you do, its just leave the flow of the game alone.
Once again , I say we shut the game down for a week, let Emi put all his changes in, then we all play from the start.  Without resets, strategy changes, and whatnot.

Do us all a favor, pull your bottom lip over your head -- and swallow
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2006, 01:25:32 PM »

It's way too late for that now, if we were to do that, there would be a massive revolt from people who were high up going It's not fair, I was doing good, you reset my account, put it back or I'm quitting, ect. We'd lose so many players. We'll just have to adapt mrtimbr,like it or not.

mrtimbr549
Sergeant

There are those who call me....Timmmm

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2006, 03:31:38 PM »

ONCE...JUST ONCE...Id like for Emi to respond instead of....

Do us all a favor, pull your bottom lip over your head -- and swallow
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2006, 06:04:33 PM »

he's very busy, I've only seen him online 1 time this week.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2006, 04:26:11 PM »

click on mission click the ships you want to attack click enter... dont look a results, click backspace 2 times and repeat i usally do misisons at about 1 mission every 5 seconds only thing that slows me down is having to change the page

Ricu
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2006, 04:30:41 PM »

Mistery Solved  15

i was doing this ... but now i cant , not that i dont have turns or smt , i just dont have a fleet capable of doing 1% missions  2 they all got waked. same as Lamma's and Ducas  and Ronald and Lightseeker , check the bountys , the most wanted had the most looses , wich was Lightseekr , than I and we'll see next wo will come ...

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2006, 05:31:12 PM »

ya...  funny huh?  it seems almost as if Sir Emi has inadvertently made missions 15 turns to slow people down, then kept the "limit" on just how high missions can be effective.  even though really it is just because of design being used.

question:  have you ever tried putting some-most of the cost into powercore instead of space, then design off of that, it worked for tinyman to get lower power to stats, that way you once again have more powerful ships then what your power will indicate -somewhat-

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2006, 05:48:05 PM »

once someone boards you the ship is done...small ships = small amout or marianes... it wouldnt work sopposieng that jsut about everyone in the lower ranks board

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2006, 04:53:44 PM »

???  oh, no, no, not what I meant at all.  lol.

what I meant is like, 330 tril for the hull, so make it...  150-200 tril or so for the powercore.  then 150-200 tril worth of energy for stats is unaccounted for by the hull size.  you think about it, though VERY small, everytime you upgrade your ship and NOT do this, the ratio of "accounted for" and "unnacounted for" by the hull get bigger and bigger.  that and bigger swarm fleets meaning larger swarm bonus's for the enemy.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

zyggy
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2006, 06:09:51 PM »

10 after a hiatus of a few days(to let my turns max out), what to my surprise, 10, count them 10, missions in the 11-25% block. 7 for segs, 2 for creds & 1 went away b4 i had a chance to see it. even tho emi slowed the game down with the turn thing, STILL, missions DO NOT respawn quickly enuf. what next, 25 or 30 turns per mission? lets slow the game down some more, that will solve the problem!!!  gun2 puke wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2006, 09:52:46 PM »

21 oh, well, let me see, what words can I use to describe what I am feeling?  21
 21 what words of wisdom can be imparted here, to show the true nature of things? 21
 21 21 21 21 21

WAIT!  I know!

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

you figure there is 200 people playing, and that is MUCH lower then what there probably is, and each can do JUST 20 missions a day, that is enough to do 4000 missions every 24 hours.

that is NOT "in the future" when I said that the first time, I meant NOW.

edit: our only hope now is the speed of Emi's fingers as he types away mountains of code as he prepares to launch his next big update.  personally, if I were the owner of a game (which I am not, so this is all my own personal OPINION, nothing else) I would fix what is going on NOW, then build on the fixed version. 

But if Emi truly believes that this next update will indeed solve this problem, which it MAY, then fine.  Who am I to argue, anyway?

it is a simple thing of population, really, you CAN'T feed an army of 100k with 10 small lunches no matter HOW low you ration it off.  you may get a piece to everybody, but by then it is so small, it doesn't even matter.  Sir Emi, the 15 turns may have been an interesting way of solving missions being so much more then what they should be, but it did NOT solve the problem of not enough going around.  and if you are hoping this game gets bigger (as any programmer of any game would hope) then the number of missions will get less and less sufficient.  you limited the number of max missions one can do, don't make this ANOTHER limit.

sorry if this seems a little...  childish, but I just kinda flipped when I said this would happen, I get shrugged off that it won't be a problem right now, it can be solved later, and in less then 2 weeks MAX what I said in the first place came true. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 10:05:04 PM by ars68 » Report to moderator   Logged

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2006, 03:01:49 PM »

Like I said, we need the more turns per missions, to set a lower max limit for turns, now Sir Emi needs to change the respawn amount and rate, then the problem will be solved.

zyggy
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2006, 02:17:31 AM »

no, luffy, u never said that b4, u said u were happy with whatever emi decided to do. anyway, doesnt matter anymore. like duo, i threw a chunk of change at this game, unlike duo, i never got "it". after 6 months, ive got to cut my losses. the game changes too much, too quickly & i apparently cant keep up or adjust/adapt. the frustration level is way too high. while i may not "kill" my char(s), they just wont be on as much. oh, well,it was fun while it lasted. fishing1

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: