Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 29, 2024, 07:57:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: speed missions  (Read 19039 times)
ronald
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 02:41:50 AM »

Message I received from emi:
---------------------------------------------------------------
e(#1)
2006-04-13 10:07:00
Re: mission bug

yeah there was a security check that lowered the fleets for the cost calc, if tyhe rewards were bigger, up to only one fleet... I set the min to 3 fleets, and there's another sec check that makes miissions a little harder if you do many missions in a short seconds time.... the difference is not noticable unless you do 100 miss or so in a row, in a short sec interval. It is no bug.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Could you tell me where exactly he posted this? I don't see it in the updates section off this forum.
Somehow I lost about 160.000.000.000 credits because I did missions too fast. And that while I didn't even know anything had changed. Because if I had known he made the changes then I would probably have lost a lot less then this. I had a chat with lightseeker and he had about the same problem as I did.

Now you tell me, where on the forum can I find an explanation off this update?
Report to moderator   Logged

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 04:38:39 AM »

Yes Roland we all have and I am not sure what he has changed but I know my ships that have won enough to be regulars all the sudded lost half the fleet on a stinking 5%
and they were doing 50% with no looses

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 05:18:35 AM »

Umm, not sure, but there's one in that message!

ronald
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 05:32:23 AM »

That message he send me was after I send him a message asking if he made changes we didn't know about. I had the losses before he explained what he had changed.
So then I guess no-one else knows about the changes. Am I the only one who got an explanation from emi ?
That's unfair, because this is important information, everyone needs to know about it.  4

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 05:46:32 AM »

Maybe he plans on putting it up, but hasn't got around to it or forgot? A lot can happen, but it's here now, so there we go.

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2006, 05:51:43 AM »

I think Lightseeker, Roland, and I got the message because we are the ones that questioned it. Light and I were talking about how all the sudden we started loosing ships like crazy, and I guess Light was talking with Roland as well. So we sent questions to E about it. Since it was happening to all of us.
That is when E sent that message to us

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 05:55:27 AM »

This explains why I was having problems with ars's ships, since I was doing missions pretty fast. But I'm guessing he means like, 100 missions in about 2-5 minutes, maybe towards 10 minutes, because 100 in a couple seconds IS impossible, no matter how you are trying to do it.

ronald
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 06:09:33 AM »

That's the same I'm trying to get to know.
It's impossible to do several missions in just 1 second. You would have to click lightning fast, so how did I loose those fleets I wouldn't have lost before the changes?

Demitrious Ducas
Lance Corporal

I can't say anything making this image any better!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 12:36:40 PM »

I suspected something like this, or something based on ship cost vs fleet numbers adding an extra difficulty to missions. Since recently, I have taken quite a few big $ fleet losses on missions that were quite a bit below the risk level where my normal safety level falls. Lunanova was also talking about something like this as well.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 03:42:40 PM »

What I think Sir Emi means is if you do a missions in a certain number of seconds after another one, it gets harder to win. The more in a row you do, the harder the missions become, but if you wait a little bit, say a minute or so, then it resets to normal.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2006, 06:57:19 PM »

while this is interesting, this screws over people like me who have limited time.  you have exactly 1 hour to do many, many, many, MANY missions to make up for past 20 hours of inactivity, with dial-up.  now you get penalized each mission you go like crazy, (and I mean crazy, losing billion ships on a 30 some million mission)

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2006, 10:43:27 PM »

Ars, we think it's if you do a mission every couple of seconds, which with dial up, you can't, so your safe. He set it low enough so that as long as you pace yourself a good amount it won't mess you up.

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2006, 11:54:04 PM »

I have slow dial up so it has to be not so many so fast  the most I have ever got was like 5 missoin in 1 minute

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
ronald
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2006, 07:25:39 AM »

Look guys,
Something has changed the missions very much and no-one knows anything about it. Just a really vague explanation (that is what I think off it).
I am hoping that maybe emi could find a moment time to explain this all a bit more exact.
Because all everyone does now, is just GUESS. He could have meant this or that, I don't know.  3

It is working for me now, I've been able to do missions without any abnormal losses. All I did, was doing like maximum 1 mission every 30 seconds and it is working. So untill we get some more info about it, that's what we will have to do I think. If that is all the explanation he can give, then I feel really sorry for everyone who has only 1 hour playing time everyday because they won't be able to do the missions in a normal way anymore.

And I don't want to blame anyone, but zyggy, you started this I think. If you hadn't said anything about the speed missions, then no-one would have had any trouble now.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2006, 11:14:33 AM »

Ok, I'll see if I can't get Sir Emi to explain better.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: