Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 29, 2024, 06:12:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: speed missions  (Read 18905 times)
zyggy
Private First Class

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2006, 12:29:47 AM »

while i know this is not an abuse, something has to be done about speed missions. there are some players who know how to manipulate the  missions to be able to do 10x-100x the missions normal people can do. it is very frustrating to click on mission after mission to see they have been taken, somehow. no wonder missions disappear so soon, with only a few left, if any. and this with only 16 ppl on the game. either up the respawn rate or ban speed missions!  11
Report to moderator   Logged

ONE OF THESE DAYS, I'M GOING TO CUT YOU INTO LITTLE PIECES!!!!
Smee
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 03:42:52 AM »

speed missions ??? ive notice that i also get booted from the missions sections when someone has completed a mission as well but a fast way to do massive missions mmm weird i dont know of any personally but if this is goin on its a glitch that should be looked into
ronald
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 03:53:58 AM »

Well, I don't know what it is you are talking about, "speed missions ??".
Just think off it.
if 16 people do 1 mission every 20 seconds (that is slow, I can do it faster  :15:) then those 16 people would be able to do 960 missions every 20 minutes. So it has nothing to do with speed missions, it's probably so that everyone wants to do the same missions => the good missions are done first by everyone => very fast all good missions are gone.
It's clean logic. It's fine with me. I can live with it. And besides, I've never seen that there were no missions left, right now with 25 people online there are still 820 missions left that can be done. So, what is the problem?  21

Admin
Admin
Administrator
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 04:07:38 AM »

very good point.

You have ****  turn(s) left. ***** turn(s) used.

You will get 1 turn every 1 minute.

23 people online

so if 23 people do 1 mission every 30 seconds ... that would mean 43 missions / minute

dont know oyu but i make more than 15 missions /  minute. Also the missions speed is determined by the Connection each has with the server.

I dont know how tose "speed missions" work but i know a way to make 10 missions / 10 seconds but its kinda flooding the server , i tryed it once or twice , you also need a verry good fleet to do this. ( and of course i wint tell you how to do it for the server's health sake)

Admin (#7623)

Leader of the "System Lords" Alliance.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 01:11:34 PM »

I do know how to speed mission, but it only helps those with dial-up get missions they normally wouldn't be able to. I tried it once, got about 20 missions in 10 seconds (highest broadband avaliable + a good server connection) and it ended up lagging like mad because i was requesting too much data at once. You cannot actually do speed missions unless you have dial up, at which point it isn't speed missions, it's doing the same amount as we are. But I do think we need a quicker respawn rate or more at a respawn time, as later on there will be times when you have 20-30 people wating for a 30 mission respawn at the 1%-10% missions, and anyone on dial-up will get screwed over (I'm broadband and there are times even I don't get any.)

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 01:59:54 PM »

Well I know that I hate clicking a mission and clicking attack and the mission being gone
I am slow dial up so I know why those with high speed can do 5 missions in the time I can get 1 done.  how about a mission is no longer available when it is clicked on in order that a person may choise thier fleets for the mission without worry of some one else doing the mission before our slow dial up can download and trasmit the data

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 02:10:54 PM »

No, because then those with broadban could just open up a ton of windows and reserve every mission for themselves and do them at thier leasure. It wouldn't work well.

zyggy
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 03:39:23 PM »

luffy understands what i was trying to say. and ronald, i watched 600+ 1-10% missions go to zero inside of 2hrs twice this last week. prolly more times. but, this could be solved by having the respawn time reduced to such that as 1 mission goes away, its replacement is immediate. we went thru this debate last round, that with missions being so intregal to the game now & so many ppl doing them, the replacement lag is too long.

Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 04:36:38 PM »

To be honest, I wanna side with both camps right now, because I too am pissed when I see a mission go missing right under my nose.  However, I do not think that it is a problem.

In this picture there are 40 people.  None of them can be seen.  In this film we hope to show you how not to be seen.
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

My cross is so heavy because its so full of mercy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 05:36:39 PM »

Heres a few tips for you whining babies who cant do missions quickly . . . When your not typing in a text box, the backspace key can be used to go back a page, shift backspace goes foreward . . . .

Instead of looking at mission results to find the same exact outcome of losing no ships, people just see the top part of the results, click back twice, pick a new mission click all and repeat the process over and over . .

That is how I do missions (except my keyboard has a back button on it so I dont need to press backspace)

Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 11:00:25 PM »

i can get a mission done every 5 seconds with dsl

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 11:23:39 PM »

I have dial up, and I know I can do 100+ missions in 20 minutes if I really stick to it and not be bothered by anything.  (or 100 in 40 minutes, not sure, wasn't counting how many)

but ya, what duo said, there is no "speed" mission, only doing a mission "speedily".

in order, step-by-step, with nothing in between, this is what I may do:

1: scan through and pick a credit mission
2: hit all, and deselect the powership fleet right below all button, then hit enter
3: hit backspace twice (because I already know what is going to happen, like 98% sure)
4: find another mission.

this whole process may take half a minutes, IF that, even on DIAL-UP.  (I don't think the pages take long to load due to how they are set-up, congrats to emi)

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
zyggy
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 12:53:29 PM »

ok, the methodology of doing missions rapidly doesnt do anything to ensure that there are always plenty of missions available. i started this cuz i got really P.O.'ed when lammalord came on the chat & bragged about wiping out 90% of the missions in a short period of time. all he left the rest of us with, was the trash he didnt want. Emi, the cap on mission quantity is ok, but the regen rate needs to be increased! please

ronald
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 01:13:36 PM »

Maybe it's time Sir emi informed everyone off the changes he made.
You'll be surprised.  11

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 10:05:47 PM »

He HAS informed us of the changes he's made. If you read through the updates section and the add on projects in progress section, you'll see exactly what he has done. Sir Emi does have a real life, which you people tend to forget, he can't work on the game 24/7. So cut him some slack.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: