Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 19, 2024, 01:37:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Unoffical FAQ  (Read 3845 times)
ZeroStriker
Private

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2007, 05:16:53 PM »

I'm bored so I decided to write an FAQ for this forum since this game is so nice and plus I need a life.
Don't look into my grammer too much, since I suck very badly at grammer.

========================= Index =========================
(*Use Ctrl + F and type in the (1), (2), (3), etc. for finding the section faster*)

(1) ~ Starting the game
(2) ~ Making Friends/Enemies
(3) ~ Donations
(4) ~ Getting Hit A Lot
(5) ~ Making Some Money
(6) ~ A Little More Advance
(7) ~ I am lazy so finishing this later

=======================================================

~ Latest Update ~
- You can now sell items from the item interface, you receive instant credits depending on CHOAM market value for the items
- You can now cancel active items that have not been used, click on active items then click cancel
- CHOAM is the only dealer of items, other commanders can bid on the items they need
- CHOAM only sells items it got from commanders, so if you see an item sold, it's coming from an encryption mission someone did
- When selling items in bulk, e.g. 10 items of same type, you will get the market value for all of them, however when CHOAM is selling it will offer bulk discounts. Bulk discount is 2% for every item in that batch, so if you see 10 runs of an item, you can only bid on all of them, however you have a discount of 2%*10 = 20% of the whole batch. Maximum discount is 50%.
- Depending on the price the auctions ended, items market value can increase / decrease in time, so a good item should allways be worth more an more, while a bad one would be worth less and less
- To bid on an item, use the market and place your bids, an item that wasn't bid on will remain in the market for 150 minutes until it expires or someone has bid on it
- Added the All button to own items, you can use up to 5 items at a time now
- Clicking on Bonus will order them from highest to lowest, clicking again will order from lowest to highest bonus

God Speed commanders!

========================= ~ (1) ~ =========================

Q ~ How Do I Make An Account?
A ~ To make an account go to spaceo.net and click register or go here http://www.spaceo.net/register.php.

Q ~ How Do I Play This Game?
A ~ When you first log into the game there is a programmed bot that tells you how to start off. You may turn him off at anytime.

Q ~ How Do I Turn The AI(newbie helpper) Back On?
A ~ Go to account and then check the box next to MotherShip AI.

Q ~ The Game Is Very Confusing Still, I Want To Know More About Each Section. (design, extend mothership, buy fleet, etc.)
A ~ For a more detailed guide on all the sections. To access the guide the word guide is in the upper right hand corner. Or simply click here http://www.spaceo.net/guide/.

Q ~ Is There A Way I Can Get Help From Other Players?
A ~ Yes, this is called an Alliance. To join an Alliance click the Alliance tab near the Center. The two popular current training Alliances are Galactic Training Squadron, and Warriors Of Shadows II Training. (If your training Alliance isn't posted here, send me a PM and i'll add you in)

========================= ~ (2) ~ =========================

Q ~ How Do I Make Friends In This War Game?
A ~ There is many ways to make friends here. Most people in this game are really nice. To make friends the quickest way go to the bottom right corner and hit extend. A window should pop up, you can introduce yourself here. If no window pops up then reset your pop-up blocker to allow spaceo.net. Another good way is the forums, go to http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/board,13.0.html
<-- that is the introducing yourself forum page. Lastly another way to make friends is join an alliance and post messages. Please watch yourself so you don't spam. No one likes spammers.

Q ~ Since This Is A War Game Don't We All Make Enemies?
A ~ Yes, but there is a extent to how many enemies. You do not want to be attacking your own alliance memebers or ally members. You should care to not make an enemy of too many people. Or else you will be attacked continuosly.

Q ~ How Do We Make Sure We Don't Make To Many Enemies?
A ~ We are sure when we don't have too many enemies is when we log on we don't see 100messages in your inbox saying I hate you. Or getting attacked everytime you rebuild. Also be nice, If you don't like someone, don't talk to them. Like they say, it's better to say nothing at all, then to say something that'll get your butt whoopped.

========================= ~ (3) ~ =========================

Q ~ What Is Donating?
A ~ Donating is when you pay real money to support the game.

Q ~ What Can We Get If We Donate?
A ~ You can get turns, credits, commander points, and gold member.

1$ = 350turns
1$ = 150commander points
1$ = 3,250,000,000gold (the gold amount is always increasing 
20$ = Gold Member
Donate 5$ = Get 3$ bonus

Q ~ What Comes With Gold Membership?
A ~ Visit this link - http://www3.spaceo.net/ind.php?_s=69273769&gold=1

Q ~ Where Can I Donate?
A ~ Click the Support Us Button at the top left hand corner of the screen. Or go here http://www3.spaceo.net/ind.php?_s=69273769&_a=19

Q ~ What Is The Point Of Donating When This Game Is So Easy To Make Money?
A ~ Donating for power isn't everything, donating means that you like this game and you want this game to keep on running. The rewards such as credits or turns is a way of the owner of this game saying Thank You.

Q ~ Can You Trust The Post Mail Donation?
A ~ Yes, you can trust that system for I have donated through that system as well. It took me a week before my donation arrived. ( I live in New York )

========================= ~ (4) ~ =========================

Q ~ I Have Made Too Many Enemies, How Do I Protect Myself?
A ~ You can build powerships. Make 300-1,000 of these.

~ Build ~
hull space ~ 100
powercore ~ 8weight | 630energy gen
Weapon ~ 17,123attack | 174energy requirement | 1weight | 1% acc
^ Make 51 Of Those Weapons ^
Armor ~ 14weight | 640hitpoints

Q ~ PowerShips Are Not Strong Enough, Since I Can Not Go On SpaceO Everyday, What Do I Do?
A ~ You Can Build A Type Of Ship Called Swamers, you must build like 20,000 of them for their power to stand out.

~ Build ~
hull space ~ 17
powercore ~ 8weight | 630energy gen
Weapon ~ 18,023attack | 630energy requirement | 2weight | 10%acc
Armor ~ 7weight | 340hitpoints

========================= ~ (5) ~ =========================

Q ~ Since I Just Started What Is A Good Way To Make Money?
A ~ A good way to make money for a beginner is missions and voting.

Q ~ What About Market?
A ~ Market is useless unless you have at least 5001warehouses and 200m to spare.

Q ~ Why 5101warehouses?
A ~ 5000 for 500k items, 100for getting attacked and losing land and 1warehouse for items you pick up on missions.

Q ~ What about mothership contracts?
A ~ Do not do those too much, they are only useful at a later time.

Q ~ What about attacking people?
A ~ Attacking people is not a real way to make money, it's just for land.

Q ~ How do I use Market?
A ~ Go to sell offer, bid on something you can afford and have enough space for, the price is the min bid. Just type the min bid number in and your set. Wait 45mins then go to buy offers and sell your stuff.

Q ~ I won the bid but didn't get my items.
A ~ There's a wait time before the items are transfered to you. The wait time is about 2-3mins, Tops.

========================= ~ (6) ~ =========================

Q ~

Toooo Lazy To Keep Typing I'll type more tonight.
sooo lazy........ i'll try again later

~ZeroStriker - The Night's Fallen Angel~
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 05:13:30 PM by ZeroStriker » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: