Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 27, 2024, 02:53:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: A good way to start of the new round  (Read 10007 times)
Dont blame my main
Private

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 05:27:27 AM »

This was for the start of a new round. Not how a new player should start.

At the start of a round everyone has 500.000 credits no workers and 100 segments. So not much raiding.
Report to moderator   Logged
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2007, 07:38:08 PM »

not even close to my idea SirAlucard i dont attack any at all but that may change. and

to Squank 2 rounds i came to a good start but made a mistake and upgraded at night then WoS 0ed me and then this round i was doing good top ten to reach encounters again but i switched to the boarding tactic and the power of my ships were to spread out so it didnt work that great and i fell behind then i got bored and stoped playing.

so basically i get bored and stop playing for a while. which is a huge thing needed to make top ten

WARS Account= Overmind
Remfer
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 07:29:22 AM »

i still don't get boarding...so far it's not working for me...

i mean i placed like 3.000.000.000 marines on my best ship (only eighth full) and then i did a bording mission...and i bord this big swarmer and i destroy 1.597.000.000 marines and lost 1.000.000.000 marines

so after selling the ship cause they had no weapons, no armour and no defense no abs no acu etc. it only got me half a billion and then i lost credits by ressuplying...how do u lose less marines?
davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 07:34:00 AM »

by increasing your marine leader
Remfer
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 10:10:47 PM »

no that just lets u put more marines on ur ships...how do u make less marines die?
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2007, 11:25:43 PM »

big shields and defense

"this just my opinion, don't attack me or I might  crybaby "

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2007, 11:44:39 PM »

theres some thing else but i once again dont wanna give away the strategy. A Tip tho is Play with the # of marines 19

WARS Account= Overmind
nukecow1
Lance Corporal

i have become death, the destroyer of worlds

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2007, 02:44:00 PM »

This was for the start of a new round. Not how a new player should start.

At the start of a round everyone has 500.000 credits no workers and 100 segments. So not much raiding.
use the 1 space ships and build about 3k of them to start and use vote creds for more, you can get way more turns raiding but with the new setup it might be better to extend

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2007, 04:17:42 PM »

i like to extend a bit then start doing seg missions.. then when i build my segs up to get a decent income i start working on other misisons

djjcuk
Sergeant

tho' I seek perfection, I wear my scars with pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2007, 11:17:41 AM »

He's talking about this, something I found out also, and will choose to share.

What he doesn't realise is that this post was re: new rounds, not this late *unless this is early still*

Start, Vote ONCE, build a large quantity of the cheapest ships you can - 25mill should do about 15k ships.

Go onto the rankings page, and prey on all the people in your range, start at the lowest there and work your way up. You can end up at ranking 500 or so, and have about 15k space, and to boot, you might find the odd person who was going really well, then did something bad and everyone *cough* we know which alliance *cough* went and bombed them back to the stone age. In a lot of cases, because they have been left alone, they've left the game, and the workers have been 'propagating' So they are a wealth of credits/workers *5 raids on one netted me 100 mill credits and 250 mill workers, quite nice if I do say so*

2k turns later, I have 14290 space, 200+million in credits, 400 million workers, Is that not a better way to start than spending 2k on extending your ship?

laugh only one problem... with the new battle system its not so easy to do this  16 but with the old one that was a good idea i spose... you could just click on people with no ships and board and attack and stuff...

The enlightened man would offer a weary traveller shelter for the night and share a quiet conversation over a bowl of... coco-puffs...

Commander and chat mod djjcuk(#43519), Ultimate Weapon

"Why do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog buns come in packages of 8?" - Bulletproof Monk
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: