Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 27, 2024, 10:43:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: A good way to start of the new round  (Read 10006 times)
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« on: January 26, 2007, 11:26:09 AM »

rather then dig through countless pages after pages... I decided to take the lazy way out and just make this thread 16  so... if it is posted somewhere else on some tutorial... sorry, but I figured this may help a bit, especially if it isn't...

now then, from here on, I am assuming that you know what each button does and such... so if you are asking... 'extend mothership... what's that mean?' chances are you need to take a step back... find out... then come back... and have a decent amount of ship designs (basically... you already know what's up and what's down)

now that that's outta the way, here goes: (this is what I normally do to start off a round, no laughing 16)
1: first off, you need to build up your mothership... to do this, wait till you get to full 3k turns, then use 2k on extending mothership all at once, this should net you 3k-4k good segments. after this, go to your mothership build section, and start building workshops.  the best way to do this is build as many workshops as possible, going 1 turn at a time (if however, it is a build rate of 1.5 build 3 workshops to make use of the extra 0.5 build rate) keep doing this until you get to 300 (or more, depending on build rate, don't waste your turn on building less then the build rate) after this, put all the rest of the segments into biofarms, about 300-400 at a time.  if you build them all at once, you get 0 income from the biofarms until the next turns you use, so this way you get credits from what you have already built halfway through. for gold members, wait till your at 5k, use 3k turns on extend, then go from there.

2: at the end of all this, depending on how many turns you put into it (after 5k turns I had a decent 83 mil... not sure what I had when using 3k) build up about 2-3 fleets of 1 ship, as big as you can (minimum for these ships should be 3mil attack and 3 mil hp... not sure on sheild and accuracy, go crazy with that) go and do galaxy missions. after you get to 2%, you may start having trouble doing missions, so bigger then just 3mil stat ships may be good... but if you can do those, you will be getting 1-2 mil in reward, plus items that may be good for another 1-2 mil.

3: if your ships have been surviving 2% missions... go to the bounty area and bounty someone 1  try to get as low a fleet power person as possible... if you succeed, you get 100k experience and 10mil (or more) credits... enough to bump you up to lvl 7 in commander lvl.  use the newfound CP's to boost your sheild rate first off... then you can either save for the next sheild point (for me it was 3rd) or get another one (personally, I would go for hp boost, if not sheild)

4: now with your new lvl comes bigger mothership contracts... for me, this meant lvl 1 missions gave out about 700k a mission... which just so happens to be about what I can do to... sof rom here on, you can go on with galaxy missions (they get better, at least I hope so...) or lvl 1-2 mothership contracts...  or you feel lucky, try your hand at bounties again... however if you do go bounties, be careful with mothership contracts... don't do mothership contracts any higher then you would do in galaxy.

as a side note, I had cost calc on the entire time... sometimes lowering reward as much as half, but in the time encountered tinyman ships (almost the entire reason for cost calc for those who don't know... ships designed to use enormous credits instead of big hulls, leading to high stats and 1/3rd the power) at least 3-4 times.

soo... questions? comments? feel free to jab away or add them to your own tutorials if you want ;)
Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 12:47:07 PM »

cheers ars but i would not use 2000 at once i use in sets of 200 turns to extend ms as you can build the biofarms each time and start of with more creds
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 04:52:29 PM »

I have to agree with Davey on that build a few shops then bios then shps
2-5 hundred at a time is better but I us the 500s for the last 1000
thus you get more segs per turn late in the build

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 08:50:38 PM »

When I start the round I alternate between building workshops and biofarms

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

newroundstarter
Private

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 01:14:45 AM »

Thx this helped me alot
Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 12:14:01 AM »

cheers ars but i would not use 2000 at once i use in sets of 200 turns to extend ms as you can build the biofarms each time and start of with more creds

200!!!

i go 50 at a time to utilize the most out of it

also as a nice way to really start a round i find it is best to just go all out segment mission untill your making about 2-3mil a mission from biofarms alone then its time to make a "real ship" instead of an east mission fleet and take on encounters and encriptions

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 11:46:02 PM »

dont extend !!! i find it a waste of turns. there is a faster and more efficient way to start off the round, it just requires that we wait 1 or 2 days to begin missions.

WARS Account= Overmind
djjcuk
Sergeant

tho' I seek perfection, I wear my scars with pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 06:28:28 AM »

dont extend !!! i find it a waste of turns. there is a faster and more efficient way to start off the round, it just requires that we wait 1 or 2 days to begin missions.

really merchant... thats interesting... care to share?

The enlightened man would offer a weary traveller shelter for the night and share a quiet conversation over a bowl of... coco-puffs...

Commander and chat mod djjcuk(#43519), Ultimate Weapon

"Why do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog buns come in packages of 8?" - Bulletproof Monk
Remfer
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 06:33:41 AM »

he's probably talking about voting or attacking people
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 02:03:59 AM »

i wont tell my secret but there is a better way to start the round then extending. trust me i ran an experiment with an alt i extended on my main and not on the alt, and the alt came off to a better start but my main (with gold) eventually caught and passed my alt.

WARS Account= Overmind
Remfer
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 10:40:48 PM »

if ur talking about the market...it's not the best way to start...sure u could in theory if u get lucky eventually make enough credits that some simpletin will give u 1 million tons of... i forget what the best item is...for the lowest or a very low price and then can sell to choam/sell manually for high price..yeah that gets u lots (45 billion a sale i believe) it's not easy for starting the round well
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 12:49:32 AM »

no not the market either

WARS Account= Overmind
Squank
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 04:52:17 AM »

I'm not sure what way your talking about merchant but I do remember you being in the top earlier in the round for quite awhile. But after some time does your strategy catch up to you and bite you in the butt? As I don't really have a strategy I just ask around to see what the new thing is, then put parts and pieces together and see how things go. Gossip is a good way to find things out.
davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 07:39:29 AM »

best way to start a round donate a 1000 dollars jke laugh
SirAlucard
Private

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 10:59:34 PM »

He's talking about this, something I found out also, and will choose to share.

What he doesn't realise is that this post was re: new rounds, not this late *unless this is early still*

Start, Vote ONCE, build a large quantity of the cheapest ships you can - 25mill should do about 15k ships.

Go onto the rankings page, and prey on all the people in your range, start at the lowest there and work your way up. You can end up at ranking 500 or so, and have about 15k space, and to boot, you might find the odd person who was going really well, then did something bad and everyone *cough* we know which alliance *cough* went and bombed them back to the stone age. In a lot of cases, because they have been left alone, they've left the game, and the workers have been 'propagating' So they are a wealth of credits/workers *5 raids on one netted me 100 mill credits and 250 mill workers, quite nice if I do say so*

2k turns later, I have 14290 space, 200+million in credits, 400 million workers, Is that not a better way to start than spending 2k on extending your ship?
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: