Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 02, 2024, 07:51:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: is the end near ?  (Read 8440 times)
UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 04:59:17 AM »

Here is some of my thoughts about alts.

Using same ip, does not mean that 2 players are alts. It means nothing, and no one should be banned of that. Why? There are some things to consider:

Many players from single ip:
  • What about school/cable etc. network? There is online game ogame (Note: alts strictly forbidden), there was even 30 people online, many of them was attacking one player, because they could just arrange attack by talking to each other. From the server side, they were seen as coming from single ip address. Now, should they all got banned? Witch players are true, and witch multi account? There is now way to know that...
  • Dynamic ip address. Thi is less likely, but it is possible that dhcp will give me same address as someone else had...
  • You visit friend, who also play online game. You are not sure if you reserved fleets? Lets crash some Second Life ships? (joke 16). And now you used same ip as your friend.

One player with many ip's:
  • What if someone will use anonymous proxy for one browser, and direct connection for other?
  • What if someone has access to remote desktop on other continent?

Use cookies to detect multi accounts? Its naive...

Please note, that there is no way to detect who is alt and who is not. There is even no way to detect if player is real, or is it bot...

I had two alts, but after my 1st round i left them 1
Report to moderator   Logged

Alright... rip
Smee
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 06:56:01 AM »

Here is some of my thoughts about alts.

Using same ip, does not mean that 2 players are alts. It means nothing, and no one should be banned of that. Why? There are some things to consider:

Many players from single ip:
  • What about school/cable etc. network? There is online game ogame (Note: alts strictly forbidden), there was even 30 people online, many of them was attacking one player, because they could just arrange attack by talking to each other. From the server side, they were seen as coming from single ip address. Now, should they all got banned? Witch players are true, and witch multi account? There is now way to know that...
  • Dynamic ip address. Thi is less likely, but it is possible that dhcp will give me same address as someone else had...
  • You visit friend, who also play online game. You are not sure if you reserved fleets? Lets crash some Second Life ships? (joke 16). And now you used same ip as your friend.

One player with many ip's:
  • What if someone will use anonymous proxy for one browser, and direct connection for other?
  • What if someone has access to remote desktop on other continent?

Use cookies to detect multi accounts? Its naive...

Please note, that there is no way to detect who is alt and who is not. There is even no way to detect if player is real, or is it bot...

I had two alts, but after my 1st round i left them 1

your right there isnt a way to distguish real alts, but we can put in an honor system for each and every player to say ok i wont play an alt, and thats wat my initial idea kinda leads to in my prevoius post.

but to get back to the topic at hand, im looking for theroyies and thoughts on if the end is near ?

Smee

also id like to apologize to emi first off becouse this could be semi heart breaking for him us as players talking about the end of his game

Smee
davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 11:36:34 AM »

i think the game is great the way it is how can you say the end is near its just beginning with all the updates that emi has in mind so the game has changed i think for the better adapt with the game thanks davey boy
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007, 11:46:03 AM »

As long as the updates keep coming, the game will still go on. Just because it has turned away from the good old days where all we did was    rifle doesn't mean the game is ruined. I admit I do miss the excitement of logging in to see a hundred attack messages, and looking on the ranking page and having half the people on it nebbed and 0red, and no truces to be seen, but the missions aren't all bad...I just think we need bounties with less rewards, but more of them available.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007, 01:05:32 PM »

it does make me laugh that people want it to go back to the days of war well im up for it but if you hit someone now you dont here the last of it
UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 08:29:18 PM »

Ah, sorry for my long offtopic about alts, but i just dont like that people compalin about alts, while they might not know that its impossible to detect alts etc.

Back to the topic.  why game become boring (?), why?
Im not some uber-old-spaceo-player, but!

I was playing other space-web-based games. Most of them was pure pvp. No computer events/enemy/whatever.
For some time it was interesting...
But than i spotted spce oddysey.There was:
PvP boarding - oportuninty to steal other player ship! Awesome!
... (killed because of galaxy fleet bug)
Many other ways to get money. Oh, great stash! Its so profitable that everyone is keeping money, and i can steal it! w00t!!
Ah, people compalined that its too high %%...
Now noone keep money in stash...

Alright, what about other ways to get money (creds:P)?
Bioframs! Yeah, tht might be good at very beginning...
But... Hey, workrers?! Yeh, they are... Yeah almost like some income:P
If you accidentally steal 100x more workers than you can afford its really cool.
But usually they are useless asset wounded1

So PvP is acually useless. Most do missions/events.

Now, with my f**kin long post. No really i hate forums.
I really aprecciate emi's job, that he made that game. But now its like offline game 3

Dont get me wrong, but i play online games to try to fight with other people, no some d**n Si <-- click Si link plz.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 08:33:28 PM by UberPWNZ0R » Report to moderator   Logged

Alright... rip
Smee
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007, 01:42:55 AM »

i am formally asking to have this thread closed

its not geating the response i thought it would

Smee 12
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: