Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 24, 2024, 12:25:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: is the end near ?  (Read 8434 times)
Smee
« on: January 21, 2007, 03:16:01 AM »

well im here asking for everyones opinion, im just wondering if there any other commanders thinking "like my self" that this game is comming to an end ? this game has lost alot of its excitment like it use to have .

Smee
Report to moderator   Logged
UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 03:46:43 AM »

pvp is broken, people attack each other just to show that they are better, but without real profit. Our aliance didnt sign any truces*, and guess what? No one attack us 16

* Ok, we have some 3, but i dont care.

Alright... rip
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 04:12:52 AM »

This game has lost the excitement for me  3 , I am hardly on as much as i used to be, it started towards the end of last round for me. Maybe all the drama that happened and ppl trying to find ways to exploit the game have taken a lot of the fun out.

With every day that passes I lose more and more interest in logging on but I still do trying to find something worthwhile again. Besides my Gold account has 215 days left and it would be wasted.  12

Maybe I should take some time off from SO, then the excitement might return.  21

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 02:50:17 PM »

idk if emi has changed things or not, but ive caped several ships already so i do think hes been fixing boarding. the problem im looking forward to now is when encountering the donators. thats still living hell and a partybreaker.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 09:44:57 PM »

yes this game is more annoying than anything now...thing that makes me not want to play is the stupid encrypts and very low reward mothership missions.you have to do hundreds and hundreds of encrypts when you first start out before you can get any good mission ships...that is very very BORING.on top of the hours and hours that it takes to level up encrypts...the rewards suck.its useless trying to get encrypts over level 400...bounty system sucks..there's 4 pages of people i can see and only 3 collectable ...all allies  of course.....mothership missions are good for a week when your commander reaches right level  then for the rest of the round is totally useless..after a certian power the only way to make money is goldtransports....which everyone shares...the problem with sharing events instead of having a set # for each person is the "bots"  in your power range that stay on this game 24/7 take them all....the market sucks and has since i started...instead of limiting amount and trades per day emi should have just made it public...no more outbidding then.and everyone could see who was transferring...even with the new updates that are planned everything else is still going to suck just the same...problem is all these changes to the game are made and no ones opinion is asked...emi just does it and says deal with it...well i've noticed the heavy donater's are listened to...but every other online game Ive played the creators have polls to see if new updates are wanted on a vote system..emi mentions " because of your suggestions" in his update posts sometimes...like with the recent market thing...it should have been voted on what to do with options people could choose to vote on not just boom thats it deal with it....its hard as hell to start a round and easy as hell to grow once you reach a certian power...STUPID.  yeah Smee, this game is dying...alot of people are quitting or just not as active.who wants to poor hours and hours of time into a game thats just plain  aggravating anymore? yawn

Peace And Happy Hunting
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 10:13:55 PM »

first off - eliminate alts. the idea of a PvP game that allows alts is ridiculous. most games with PvP do not allow alts and making one gets you banned. the market should be public and 10 items / 5minutes instead of 5. but the fact is players don't really bother playing this game to it's full potential in the galaxy. mining-alliances holding and defending systems-commander fleets,there is a whole lot that could be happening but people just rush for the top ten then yell "dday dday" as soon as they get tired of accumulating power. sheesh. the way i see it - this game hasn't even begun to be all it could be.

spider2       

only the boring get bored                                   

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 09:03:00 AM »

lostedchylde, what do you mean by "PvP game"? 16 People do mostly missions etc, with some ocasional attacks just to anger others.

Alright... rip
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 12:00:00 PM »

lost, emi has said he can never properly ban alts because siblings,loved ones, friends, and classmates often play the game from the same computer, meaning they will show the same IP address. Since he can't tell who is using an alt and who isn't, he decided it's better to let people choose if they want an alt or not. Plus, the way the game is now, having an alt does nothing but mean you spend more time online trying to raise the alt's power too.

But hold out my friends, don't quit just yet. You can always do like me, temorarily retire and hang around goofing off until the game looks good or something.

mrtimbr549
Sergeant

There are those who call me....Timmmm

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 12:15:02 PM »

Well Seither, he SHOULD ban the alts, addition via subtraction.  And Im tired of waiting, Ive waited a year and a half for a viable, practical upgrade to the game, and Im not talking 'you can now add avatars', whoop-frikkin-ee.  This game is nothing more that who can do the most the fastest.  Honestly, how much tact does that take?  What truly is the purpose of being able to put fleets into the galaxy to protect a quadrant.  Anyone figure out how to use that to an advantage? 
Honestly, we (FA) and WoS are at war because we're BORED.  No other reason.  I feel like attacking just to stir up the mud.  This game used to rock...I remember breaking into a sweat b4 logging in wondering how many attacks I took.  Now if I log out for a week, I come back to nothing.  Forum (alliance) posts are way down, there just isnt an excitement to playing. 
Im sick of everyone saying why something cant be done, how about telling us what can be done , and then ( heres the real trick) implementing it in a timely manner.  Need I mention Planets/Council?  Im about a month away from deleting my beloved #298 ID and moving on to a more challenging game, like Spider Solitare of Minesweeper. 
And before someone makes a ignorant response about why or why not, I do donate, not a ton of money, to this game; I feel I have the right and the obligation to present my grievances.

Do us all a favor, pull your bottom lip over your head -- and swallow
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 12:20:54 PM »

Try doing what I did. When I first started, about a year ago, I played through a round and a half. It got boring quickly, partly because I didn't understand half of the game yet.

When I rejoined about halfway through last round, I rejoined my previous alliance, and found that after learning the basics of the game again thanks to a helpful guide from Midnight44, it was more fun than even when I first started, when missions were things that only the top 20 really did, and the rest of us just wailed on each other with ships Opps made a lot of enemies that way...
but back to the point...I would say if you take a break from Space Odyssey for a little while, a few weeks, months, even a year. When you come back, it will be more interesting than ever, because with all the changes it will be like a new game! Only one that you don't have to spend 5 hours reading to figure out how to play  14

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 12:22:29 PM »

I'd wait roughly a week or 2 before deleting your account.

And mrtimbr, emi would love to ban alts, but he can't without punishing a lot of players unfairly. There are people who have to share a computer to play, and he can't ban alts and know if the person playing is the same person or a sibling/friend/classmate who are using the same computer. Otherwise he would.

and blak, mrtimbr already took a break long ago, most of us veteran players have at one point or another. I took a month off last round. the game just isn't what it use to be.

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 12:28:25 PM »

Soooo if a month doesn't work, take a year off...find a new game, do something else, something non game related

The problem with only taking a month off I guess is that when you come back, there is an update, maybe two. And neither of them are major, they are like, new colors! or something else completely irrelevant to gameplay. When I left and came back, there was an entire GALAXY in the place where I had grown accustomed to a lovely, gray, patch of starless background color.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 03:13:59 PM »

a month or a year won't make a difference if gameplay is the same blak.

We were around back when the game was totally different. There weren't even missions, only you, your segments, your secret base, and a lot of people between you and the top ten. Getting up there took a ton of skill in designing, and a lot of strategy on who you attacked and who you didn't. The game is now all pressing buttons and being on as close to 24/7 as you can. Even a year off wouldn't repair that damage i'm afraid. I hate to say it, but smee is right, old SO>new SO.

Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 10:09:49 PM »

Well, thanks for acknowledging me blak. Means a lot.  6

I agree that the game has gone to crap as well. I used to kick butt with the mothership missions. Now that I am not on as much, doing galaxy is out of the question. I never have time. Some of my alliance mates ask me why I'm not doing so well as I usually do. Well, the answer is that I did a few bounties at the start and it got my commander level up so high that I couldn't do what I usually do- mothership missions. My only way of making an income was to do encrypts. This has been EXTREMELY slow and painful. Let me give you guys a word of advice... Don't let your commander level get ahead of you at the start of the game. Now is all I have to do is roam the galaxy and do 2% encrypts until I can afford to do encounters, because mothership missions were out of the question. Looks like emi pulled a fast one on me and changed the mothership missions to where I can do them now.  laugh

Smee
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 02:28:54 AM »

im glad to hear its not just me here again having slow issues about the game, id like to thank everyone for posting there opinion and statements.first off u can band alts but make were u tell emi that hey this ip/comp is being used for me and family to play ur great game, u know wat i mean there are games that do that, and make it were u have to tell emi that hey im smee's sister and we share the same pc to play so im not a alt. u know wat i mean guys.
ok also i agree with mrtmbr, back in the day when u took out 20-50 hits daily was fun it made u not want to logg off in hopes people wouldnt attack you lol, i sat around even during war time and have only been hit like 1 a week, makes me not want to even logg tell friday lol. 12

i guess thats all for now

Smee
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: