Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 27, 2024, 01:42:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Credit Transfers---Urgent Action Required  (Read 4239 times)
FOO
Corporal

Just face facts, you will always be a n00b so STFU

View Profile WWW
« on: January 04, 2007, 08:59:04 AM »

Due to the amount of credits that seem to be flowing out of the top 10, whether there is a legal reason or not, there seems to be a number of players leaping up the ranks. I propose that there is a maximum limit set to the quantity of an item that can be traded, e,g. max amount being 1 million of any item. This would leave credit transfers open to interception, increasing the risk of transferring credits as well as making it more time consuming and tedious. As choam is only trading in amounts up to 1 mill, so market trades should also be limited. This is a great game, but credit transfers of over 100 mill high tech scanners certainly makes a mockery out of credit transfer rules and makes it difficult for people who dont have a "sugar daddy"
Report to moderator   Logged

I guess it sucks to be on the outside lookin in. Then again, SUCKS TO BE YOU!!!

http://teufelhundenspaceoddysseyhelpsite.piczo.com/
chicpea
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 09:06:43 AM »

I agree with Foo, the market has become increasingly abused. Especialy with those famous Hi-Tech Scanners after seeing them passed through the market over and over again, and to watch players jump up from nowhere i feel the game has turned into a farce. I for one wont be returnig next round unless this problem is corrected i dont see the point in putting hours of game play just to watch players cheat.

Chicpea

TheDarkness
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 09:13:56 AM »

Problem with the rules is it seems to allow for this abuse and for the people who want to play the game it takes out the fun when you see this happening, I have to ask what constitutes the transfer of 100 mill hightech scanners 6 or 7 times, a black hole??? bio or maybe gold transport, well lets face it if you have that much creds to transfer then the person receiving certainly doesnt see the same encounters you do...

Time to shake things up i agree with foo's idea before it gets out of hand and more people leave... i think market credit transfers should also be limited to three times whether your a gold member or not, and resupply be limited as well....

I love this game without a doubt but whats the point of playing if someone shoots up the rankings from cheating and getting away with it because of some lax rule that says its allowed for specific reasons, to pay for encounters is not a reason and if you buy someones design well they get their royalty so why make it so they can use this as a means to gain power...

Hope it can be sorted out soon, its all well and good having all these great ideas for updates but whats the point when the cheating is happening within the guidelines set out, seems too easy to manipulate rules, you need to make it so these rules are put in black and white and the gameplay needs to change somewhat with the transfers

see ya all later have fun, when the round ends i may pop in to see old friends, to be honest i cant see this problem going away, noone is prepared to fix it and its been long enough, sorry to upset anyone who uses this to gain power
Lightseeker_Eu
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 09:24:13 AM »

I've asked sir emi to put a limit on the market transfers some time ago, maybe some day it will actually be applied.
TheDarkness
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 09:31:50 AM »

i have caught quite a few high tech scanners in the last few days and still have them, if sir emi is going to do something about this then it would be nice if he could take mine off me as i dont want them but dont believe they werent being used as some kind of power gain for members, fortunately the screenshot of the top twenty shows just who had the resources for those transfers yesterday, 100 mill high tech scanners were taken then another lot of 100 mill was put up and i took them as well, and guess what within 5 mins there was another 100 mill, not many in the top 20 have the resources to carry that many, btw i didnt get the last 100 mill but god knows how many they have altogether i just know its a few less now
FOO
Corporal

Just face facts, you will always be a n00b so STFU

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 10:25:13 AM »

-----------------UPDATE--------------------
How about limiting the number of player to player transfers to 3 transfers per day?? And increasing royalties to avoid the need for credit transfers, and limit the number of royalties from 1 person to say 1 trill max per day.
This is a problem that has no easy solution, so we need some solid ideas people. Its one thing to ask for change, but lets have some ideas and options for Sir Emi to consider.

Lets also do away with donating turns to other people,or,  limit transfers to the minimum donation rate.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 11:39:07 AM by FOO » Report to moderator   Logged

I guess it sucks to be on the outside lookin in. Then again, SUCKS TO BE YOU!!!

http://teufelhundenspaceoddysseyhelpsite.piczo.com/
TheDarkness
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 10:58:44 AM »

Wipe out independants in the market altogether and limit resupply to just once, if people want to play the game let them learn, earn their own creds, and stop posts like this being placed in the forum, resupply for ships is one thing but the amount of creds being transferred is NOT for a design its just an excuse to power gain
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 02:11:55 PM »

I have updated the market to reduce this walking around the TOS, thank you for your suggestion. It should be more fairplay now.

http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,1986.0.html

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 07:19:55 PM »

As for royalties, the original 2% rule was fine because to gain any true profit, someone would have to spend TONS, example:

Player A designs a 100T credit ship
Player B clones 100T credit ship and buys it
Player A recieves 2T credits

2t is not a lot if you think about it, and even a 1Quad ship will only bring in 20T, so power gaining through it would be pretty much impossible. Yes, it would be possible, but it would be very hard. and you could limit it, say, no more then 5 royalties a day from 1 person. small things like that will prevent most of the abuse the system recieves.

Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 02:57:30 AM »

Its good that something is being done about excessive transfers, I was and still am losing interest in this game when I see newbs/noobs come out of nowhere. A lot of the market transfers happen when I am on and a few times I caught a break because the person doing the tranfer did it wrong and posted the buy offer at max price so I sold mine   16 .

It will probably still happen but it will just take longer.

I am not against someone donating their way to the top, at least Sir Emi would be getting something out of it.

I am opposed to ppl feeding insane amounts with ingame creds, unless I am the one getting the payoff  12

All joking aside, payments for services rendered - fine. Player with low segs and high commander number in top 50 - if donated to the game, fine ; if got fed by alliance member - totally uncool.

this is my opinion, if you dont like it - change the channel gunsmilie

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 07:05:37 AM »

lol silver, well, sir emi took it a step further, he put a parental block on all channels for feeding, so no more of that (or at least, not ehough to do any good, it'd be so time consuming it's not worth it.

~65 posts left~

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: