Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 28, 2024, 07:57:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New Attack Ability and new PvP rewards  (Read 4343 times)
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« on: January 05, 2007, 07:28:35 AM »

How many of you have ever tried to attack someone just out of your ranking, but no matter how many powerships you add, it just says they are too strong and your fleets turned around due to impending doom?

Most likely all of you. What I purpose is this, when that opposing mothership too large message comes up, have an option on that page that reads like this:

Would you like to attack anyway?

(Yes) [goes through with attack]               (No) [returns to war or ranking screen]

This way, you can still attack that person if you want, rather then throw money away trying to get your power close enough to them to attack. This would also allow for suicidal missions, to try and help allies attack someone higher then you. However, it wouldn't be available for attacking someone smaller then you, but if you got attacked, you would (and I think you are able to now anyway) be able to counter them, despite them being lower then you. This would greatly change the aspect of gameplay.

My second idea is to give a better reward for attacking other players. This game has become mainly PvC (Player vs Computer), barely anyone attacks anyone else anymore. I believe this is mainly because you don't really get anything for attacking someone. Which is why I purpose that something be added that you can only get through attacking someone else, like a special item(s) worth more then your average items, depending on the persons power, or something along those lines, to encourage people to attack each other.

I feel these two things will greatly help the game.

~64 posts left~
Report to moderator   Logged

Lightseeker_Eu
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 08:15:34 AM »

It could be used to scout anyone and assess their fleet composition, it would allow some new alliance strategies, sounds interesting 14
UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 09:27:10 AM »

I was thinking about something like that too.
Maybe this could be based on commander reputation*, to make it harder.
If you are nasty, dictatorship commander you could order fighters to go to certain death, but if you are peacefull and respect human rights, they can refuse 12

But, no mather what, there is serious drawback. You could easy neb yourself with alt...
Pvp is already not very usefull.

Scouting huge mothership with small fleet will result in 99.9999% failures.

It doesnt look good at all 21

*Now when its fixed its easier to go positive reputation.

Alright... rip
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 09:35:39 AM »

there will always be problems with any system made, but nebing yourself with an alt is against ToS, as tht is using an alt to benifit another account, lol. And even if you fail to find the basem doesn't mean you can't get ambushed and find out what ships thy use.

~63 posts left~

UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 12:56:46 PM »

Its against ToS, right, but some people might not care it, or ask someone other to send decoy to destroy his pships. Now its still possible, but power limits limit it.
This ability should result in counter without power limit too, or someone small could bug you all the time.
Many things should be considered, including violating of ToS, thats my main problem.

And about your second idea i agree. Boarding is completely useless, to efficently raid base you will leave at least 5 counters. Most people do not keep creds in stash, because its too high risk compared to income, so you will get some workers witch produce some creds, but not too much. Useless.
Bounty xp rewards are actually lower after introducing new leveling schema. Maybe it should be limited at some variable, like 2x player level. 100k xp is 1.5 encounter.

Maybe instead of increasing rewards for attacks, mothership assets should be worth more. Now what do we have?
Bounty reward(Not bad at beginning)?
Ships(Explodes)?
Biofarms(0-ish income)?
Workers(little income)?
Stash(little income)?
High tech scanners, asteroid resources, galaxy items(... ouch, we cant steal it)?
No one will risk counter to steal that. 1

Alright... rip
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 01:00:19 PM »

yea, and as I said, it would have to leave a counter that lets you attack them no matter their power. but you raise other interesting points.

Like I siad, maybe making PvP attacking worth more will greatly improve the game, as more people will be trying to kill each other, like the old days, when war was merely the insulting word "retard" away, lol.

~52 posts left~

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 04:23:01 PM »

I have suggested before that we take cargo and workers with segments gained.  and being able to capture hulls would be nice to make boarding worth doing

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 06:04:31 PM »

yes, but besides fixing those, I think it would be good to add something more, something different, to give an extra incentative to attack another player. But your idea and contrabution is noted and appreciated gunfighter.

~37 posts left~

Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 06:58:48 PM »

I agree with the no power limit for counters, it could hopefully stop the hit and run type of chicken attacks where the attacker reserves fleets to drop out of range.

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 08:18:23 PM »

you know...it seems we always have the same suggestions and arguements everytime, and nothing happens....I wonder if it will ever truely end? I hope not....they're both fun and good food for a healthy post count like mine XD

~31 posts left~
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 08:31:44 PM by Monkey D. Luffy » Report to moderator   Logged

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 10:01:32 PM »

*ahem*
I agree 100% and have in fact, as you said, suggested many times differen things that could be added to spice up PvP, and still be unique to space odyssey (as far as I know, anyway)

some of these being:
grand mothership idea
PWNAGE bonus
and most old stuff including turrets and such (but this has been added... to galaxy...)

basically, yes, this is a PvP game...
but just because it is CALLED a PvP game, does not make it one... just like calling an oncoming train a small chicken won't change the fact that your about to get flattened by an oncoming train.
right now, you need to figure in both things that DISCOURAGE and ENCOURAGE PvP, and right now, it's getting lopsided on the discourage side.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 03:20:34 AM »

good analogy ars....small chicken=still gonna get flattened.
i love it!

~22 posts left~

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: