Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 29, 2024, 08:20:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Was this post helpful?
Yes! - 8 (53.3%)
No! - 7 (46.7%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fleet Design by Nicholas D. Wolfwood  (Read 4097 times)
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

My cross is so heavy because its so full of mercy.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 09, 2006, 07:54:26 PM »

Greetings Commanders!

Due to popular demand, I have decided to post how I design fleets and the sort. Edit: This was brought to my attention that I forgot to mention what type of ship this is. This ship is a war ship however, it works very well in encounters and missions.

Let me begin by stating that my fleets now, do not use defense. I have shown it to not be that beneficial for the cost it adds to fleets.

Secondly, I usually use other people's shields and computers. I like to use 3 shields that have 42% absorbancy, and two computers of on or around 25% accuracy and 0% defense. Both systems use 8 space, as a general rule that people have determined is the most beneficial while maintaining the smallest size.

After determining how many space my systems are going to use, I then design the other systems. One weapon, One special, two computers and 3 shields. 7*8=56. All ship designs I use, I subtract 56 from to determine the space of my powercore. I then tweak the energy generated to make the fleet the cheapest possible. Depending on the space available, the design can cost anywhere from 1-7 credits generally.

After that, I equip the shields and the computers. The ABS generally is 77% when I equip them, and the accuracy is 40%

I then take the remaining energy and divide it by 2. I do this because the only two systems left to design are the special and the weapon. I design the special with 0% defense bonus and 0 defense. I use 8 space and 50% of the remaining energy (Which I get by dividing the energy left by two). When tweaked, the design should cost no more then 5 credits.

I then equip the special. To make it easy, I just go to view/edit fleet screen, view the fleet and take the values of the remaining resources and put that as my weapon. You should have the exact same amount of energy and 8 space left remaining to use. I then put the weapon to 59% accuracy and throw as much attack on the design as possible. When tweaked, I have yet to see a weapon design that I could not get under 7 credits.

Now you all are thinking, man, thats pretty basic and really easy! Keep in mind though, this is for ships that are of a pretty huge cost when first starting out. These ships cost in the billions for low grade ships that have 77% accuracy without commander bonus and 99% accuracy without accuracy bonus.

Good luck Commanders!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 08:24:12 PM by Nicholas Duo Wolfwood » Report to moderator   Logged

Remfer
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 10:12:17 PM »

Great Job  12 but can you add something to your poll?  Like sortof?
Report to moderator   Logged
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 12:27:32 AM »

Remfer, if it is sorta helpful, then it IS helpful. therefore the answer is yes, lol. And wow nicholas....seems all the vets are sharing secrets now....maybe I should share some of mine.

lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 07:56:35 PM »

cheer yay with these secrets i can now    sniper   and         out_cold  my opponents.

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: