Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 28, 2024, 03:56:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Good Idea? Bad Idea?
Great Idea!!!
Ukelele No Good!!!

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Marine Resupply needs revamp  (Read 3314 times)
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

My cross is so heavy because its so full of mercy.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 16, 2006, 01:19:37 PM »

Marine resupply . . .

I usually don't keep a max amount of marines on board my fleets due to the fact that I upgrade fleets constantly. In doing this, currently it opens myself up to being drained for credits.

In ABI's attack on me, It cost me 700 billion credits to resupply marines. Other then the credits lost, I lost my lead fleet but my other fleets remained. What had happened is, my next fleet used as much cash as it needed to resupply the fleet complete with marines. It then used remaining cash on the next fleet and unbalanced my marines.

We need an option to either turn marine resupply completely off, or have it where it will only resupply up to the amount that the fleet had before the attack. This honestly is rediculous and needs to be changed

Sound off Commanders! Tell me what you think or maybe your suggestions to improve this system.
Report to moderator   Logged

Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 05:32:53 AM »

Sounds like a great idea to me, I would like to have the options, to turn off resupply of marines or to be able to set a resupply percentage. I cant think of anything negative about this idea.  thumbsup

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 11:48:23 PM »

but then again turning it completely off would not be good for this purpose, because a simple repeated marine attack and there you just lost your entire armada in 3-4 hits.

don't really know of anything else to say on this point...

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 04:00:17 AM »

let me clarify, if you have a fleet/fleets of powerships out that will neb you after the first attack turning off the automatic marine resupply function will leave you credits to use in the market (make more money) instead of draining your cash on hand and leaving you with just your stash.

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 05:21:55 AM »

Ya... I would hope that a player would be nebbed within the first 2 boarding attacks. Otherwise they have a HUGE base, and/or have HUGE amounts of creds.  1

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 08:41:07 AM »

sounds great nicholas, I know this is a very annoying aspect of the game.

Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

My cross is so heavy because its so full of mercy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 06:29:19 PM »

Seems most people are in agreement on this one emi. . . . where is our great admins opinion on the matter? I havent been able to find anything yet from emi about this idea.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 09:35:41 PM »

i would like to be able to turn it off, beacuse i have a ship out as defence from noobs, but i dont want someone to just keeping attacking and not killing my maines tell it drains all my cash from the resupply..  and i dont want to place my cash in the bank.. that wouldnt end well if i were to be 0red on the dday list..

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: