Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 27, 2024, 06:33:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should I be allowed to get my fleets back?  (Voting closed: January 04, 2007, 08:34:16 PM)
Yes, return his ships and mine! - 3 (12.5%)
Yes, return his ships. - 9 (37.5%)
This is rediculous. Making a person beg for his ships back. - 1 (4.2%)
No, don't give his ships back - 10 (41.7%)
Is Emi going to make everyone beg for their ships when they get lost from bugs? - 1 (4.2%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Votes Requested  (Read 21611 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2006, 04:42:43 PM »

As others have said, killer fleets are no bug.

The only issue I see is the enemy fleet taking into account all the active fleets you have to calculate the maximum enemy fleet cost.
It should calculate taking into account only the fleets you take into battle, so it will be fixed in the next update.

God Speed!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 04:45:28 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2006, 06:06:37 PM »

hiya sir e - that sounds cool so u ll prolly be able still to hide behind p-ships while doing missions or galaxy :-) ... sweet sweet sweet ...
Report to moderator   Logged
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2006, 06:21:30 PM »

NO do not give the ships back.  I loose as many ships as the next one.  It is not like a supior aggressor will always win a battle.  in fact throughout histroy a few have held off or just outright beaten the hords.  everyone gets that lucky shot once in a while.  It is part of the reason I like this game is that random factor.  Some times it gets annoying and for some even discoourging, however, it is a necessary part of the game.  If this was a bug I would say yes but it is not a bug.  Some times your intell is wrong. That is how it works in life so why not in the game.  I guess those piriates were former military that went rouge. Thus thier better firepower than normally expected.

well put Frank, especially with the intel part

WARS Account= Overmind
TheDarkness
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2006, 06:31:47 PM »

I agree frank but this isnt once in a while that wolf is talking about, apparently killer fleets are 1/100 nic is 2/2 now thats either really unlucky which it could be or a game bug, this happened one after the other, it would annoy most people 
 if it had been one yesterday and one the day before that then fair play just rotten luck but not straight away hit another killer

SnipeDragon
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2006, 01:07:23 AM »

I voted no, here is my reasoning:
SpaceO is a game, under HEAVY Development, that means that there are bugs, and there will probably be bugs for a long time, its just part of developing a game.  Now, there is not enough evidence here that this is actually a bug, it could just be that you got unlucky, and faced 2 Killer Fleets in a row.  If Sir Emi were to take the time to restore your fleets, I can almost garuntee you that an 'outbreak' will occur, and EVERYONE will want their fleets back, thus hindering Sir Emi's ability to develop the game further, and fix the bug (if it is a bug).  This is a game, in all games you have a chance at winning, and a chance at loosing, you lost, there is not a SINGLE person on this game that has never lost a battle on here, its part of the game.  You need to stop your crying and complaining, and let Sir Emi Develop the game, and let Everyone else play they game, all you end up doing is proving you are a big baby that crys when he looses, I have news for you, GET OVER IT!

-That is ALL I have to say on the Subject,
SnipeDragon
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

My cross is so heavy because its so full of mercy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2006, 01:22:36 AM »

This game has been under heavy development for a very long time. Sir Emi will not state that it's in heavy development unless he is working on a big new addition. Otherwise its just small bug fixes here and there. Also Sir Emi went on the forums and spoke with people on messengers and the sort saying that the problem was fixed when it apparently is not fixed.

Also for everyone voting no. Could you possibly come up with a better reason for voting no then simply saying, It happened to me and I didnt get em back!

Not a single one of you has stated and shown that you have gone to Emi to get your fleets back. Just messaging emi about fleets getting returned will not get you your fleets back. I have shown evidence of game fault here and have taken the initiative to give viable data to emi to get this resolved so it doesn't happen in the future.

Granted, yeah we all lose fleets. But to lose fleets to something you have no control over? To lose a 1.2 trillion dollar ship to a 32 billion power encounter when you were doing over 50 billion power encounters all day not but a few hours earlier?

As for you SnipeDragon. You have been around for a little bit. You should know that I don't take to kindly to being flamed while chatting directly or on the forums. Also, you are the only one who has resulted to insults on this post. *Sigh*

Also for all of you. It's not a 2/2 thing. It was approximately 2 in 10 battles. within 10 battles these two events happened. I completely know that I am not the only one this has happened to but my question to those it HAS happened to. Why haven't you provided solid evidence to Emi? I have yet to hear anyone who even ATTEMPTED to show emi evidence of the fleets. If you report something to Emi and not back it up with evidence, Emi needs to create that evidence. Emi might not see things your way. If you provide him evidence, its a third party working to devise a solution.

Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2006, 03:12:45 AM »

I voted no cause if one guy suddenly gets his ships back, every1 will start nagging on Sir Emi each time they encounter a killer fleet. ive been using ships that dont cost much cause then i could resupply them each time i lose em, and i havent used more then 300 turns b4 encountering a killer fleet the last times ive decided to try n use my turns. And if im not mistaken, this is an online game. In my eyes, its players that should take others down, not killerfleets. As it is now, many ppl have more then enough troubles trying to earn money on missions and pay the losses from killerfleets without having to donate.

Besides, cant u just donate a dollar or 2, like several others do each time they lose a ship? Funny how u only need 1$ to get everything back and more once ur under rank 100... Hard to kill a donator 1

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2006, 10:41:36 AM »

I've got an idea.

Screw it. I've recovered from the losses, however, the killer fleet problem still exists.

Emi, how soon can we expect work to be done about the killer fleets?

How about a triggered warning stating that the sensors might have malfunctioned but an estimate power of %power% has been detected in the region or something when the fleets are figured?

To be honest, I would rather see the problem get fixed then get my fleets back and have the problem not get fixed and me get my ships back. If the problem gets fixed, everyones happy. If I get my ships back and the problem still happens, then everyone will be all butthurt and start flaming the forums and the sort.

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2006, 02:49:42 PM »

yeah i didnt vote since ya dont seem to care nymore, but no one has gotten fleets back from kill fleets or bugs for quite a while, and cant do it for one person and not evry1 else, even if u did deserve the ships back...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2006, 04:59:00 PM »

Ok, so there is only one way that an encounter or galaxy mission can have more than the max power shown:
- In the event of spawning only 1 (one) fleet, with 1 (one) ship, the ship will be left there, even if it exceeded the max fleet power or max fleet cost, so the encounter  / gal missions should be less or max 10% more than the max power. If you spot one with more that does not include a single ship, please let me know, and send me the battle report.

P.S.: there will be an update today on the max fleet cost of the enemy for encounters and galaxy missions, to make it more ballanced.

Remfer
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2006, 10:04:15 PM »

ok, that was a bit confusing so let me make sure i got it

Galaxy mission/event/etc. If it only has 1 ship...in 1 fleet, then it could have 10% of the total power [stated in mission briefing] more or less than what is stated...

E.G.

Ship 1 [1 bil power] VS Encounter [500 mil power]   ==> [Attack]

Assault:

Ship 1 [1 bil power] VS Enemy 1 [550 mil power]

Or

Ship 1 [1 bil power] VS Enemy 1 [450 mil power]

Is this correct or did i misinterperate it?
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2006, 10:16:00 PM »

that was highly confusing Sir Emi. I say we do like the cost calculater, you can turn killer fleets on and off, but turning them off reduces the reward, because it's safer to do the missions, so you lose the hazard pay (or you leave them on and get an extra bonus for completing a mission, aka hazard pay).

Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2006, 06:43:53 PM »

There should be no change in reward because when the encounter says its for this much power, you should encounter +-10% of that encounter. There should be no reduction of rewards and there should be no turning off killer fleets and turning them back on. They should never occur in the first place =-/

Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2006, 08:11:53 PM »

i think what hes saying is that unless u encounter only 1 ship, u should report it to him if the encountered fleet is more then 10% of the max fp u shouldve encountered... which is whats been happening all the time, which again is what were calling a fuqing killerfleet... =)

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
Smee
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2006, 02:46:08 AM »

sadly duo

i voted no

ur not the only one who's lost fleets to killerfleets

and like ive said before this game is a war game not a mission game so ur not suppose to get so much of a gain by doing missions only.

Smee
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: