Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 28, 2024, 11:17:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should I be allowed to get my fleets back?  (Voting closed: January 04, 2007, 08:34:16 PM)
Yes, return his ships and mine! - 3 (12.5%)
Yes, return his ships. - 9 (37.5%)
This is rediculous. Making a person beg for his ships back. - 1 (4.2%)
No, don't give his ships back - 10 (41.7%)
Is Emi going to make everyone beg for their ships when they get lost from bugs? - 1 (4.2%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Votes Requested  (Read 21622 times)
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 09:49:20 PM »

altho i voted no, id like you to kno after carefully reveiwing the link, in the end i hope you do get your ships. altho my opinion on this matter will stand, but also by offering one commander a chance to be refunded on his ships other will want the same
Report to moderator   Logged

WARS Account= Overmind
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

My cross is so heavy because its so full of mercy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 09:59:21 PM »

Why should we be forced to adapt to a bug?

Everyone knows its a bug, why do people argue that the bug should remain? Bugs are bad . . . They pose no good to the game world. Imagine yourself just starting out. You spend 10 hours working to get youself to a point you can be proud of

Then in a blink of an eye, you encounter the super fleet bug and blam, those 10 hours of work . . . gone . . . . . Are you going to want to stick around in a game that shows that your going to face this much power, then you end up encountering many times that amount?

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 10:23:08 PM »

sorry Nicholas.. but i voted no simply beacuse alot worse has happened to me, and many other people i know.. it happens in encounters nothing is safe...

i've lost all my armoda to encounters like this, so has 2 of my members in my allaice, then 1 more lost half his ships.. broni got hit hard and quit for quite some time beacuse of this, Squank got taken out of the top ten by encounters like this...

it happens all the time, most people call it a killer fleet and if emi gives people back their ships every time they lose them to a mission this game wouldnt be chalanging anymore..

Remfer
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2006, 10:37:00 PM »

1. Killer fleets are not a bug

2. they are only a bug if they appear more times than they're supposed to.

3. If killer fleets are a bug (besides the once in a while) then they really should be fixed

4. Emi is trying to fix up some other things at the moment and searching through lines of code to see where they intersect to form the killer fleets more than they're supposed to if they're even supposed to show up takes a while

5. Adaptation - i don't mean to a bug, but if it turns out not to be a bug, and emi just changed it so that killer fleets appear more and more, then spaceo will become complete war instead of doing galaxy missions and events (But please...ADAPT to new things that are not bugs)
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2006, 04:00:57 AM »

I vote - NO -, many people including myself lost ships to "killer fleets" since this round started, it has been brought up multiple times and no one else has gotten their ships back. I agree that encounters do not always reflect the fleet power shown and that is what I think needs to be fixed.

But if you do get your ships back, its only fair that everyone else does as well.

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2006, 04:44:12 AM »

NO do not give the ships back.  I loose as many ships as the next one.  It is not like a supior aggressor will always win a battle.  in fact throughout histroy a few have held off or just outright beaten the hords.  everyone gets that lucky shot once in a while.  It is part of the reason I like this game is that random factor.  Some times it gets annoying and for some even discoourging, however, it is a necessary part of the game.  If this was a bug I would say yes but it is not a bug.  Some times your intell is wrong. That is how it works in life so why not in the game.  I guess those piriates were former military that went rouge. Thus thier better firepower than normally expected.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2006, 07:46:02 AM »

I voted yes. Killer fleets themselves are not a bug, however, the amount they appear AND the power at which they appear is too much. I have seen a few encounters from other players where the fleets are 10x-20x the stated power of the encounter. There is no way that is not a bug. It's like seeing a goose and wlaking over to it and then all of a sudden when you get there it's a dinosaur, not suppose to happen. Basically, the main part is to reduce how often you can run into a killer fleet, that ratio should be 1:100, if not higher.

And no silverthorne, Sir emi onyl offered it to nicholas, not everyone else, so only nicholas should get them back, even if it seems unfair, it's not. Others presented their case, and were said no to, nicholas presented his and Sir emi said yes, it's fair.

Sriphoor
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2006, 07:54:10 AM »

I voted yes, because the ships are too strong, you shouldn't be encountering ships more powerful then what the mission says it is.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2006, 07:56:14 AM »

Ok, that's a 6-4 vote here, with at least 4 major, well known commanders saying yes, and only 2 saying no. almost at the halfway mark already nich.

Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2006, 11:24:01 AM »

All I need is a majority vote of 20 votes, 3 major commanders (which is already achieved) stating yes. Chicpea, TheDarkness and Seither.

To respond to people saying no, dont give them back because ive lost ships too. How many of you took the time to create the statistics for the missions? I included screenshots of the excel spreadsheets and would be MORE then happy to supply whoever requests the actual excel file.

How many people say, "Oh, I lost a fleet(or fleets) to a killer fleet! Give my ships back!" without providing evidence? Just about everyone?

Who actually supplies the claim with evidence. Me . . . . I haven't seen anyone else do that. Why not? If you really wanted your ships back bad enough, you would fight to get them back.

Also, its actually 7-3. Remfer voted no origionally but never checked out the link I included with my main post. He then posted stating that he changed his vote to a yes.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 11:28:06 AM by Nicholas Duo Wolfwood » Report to moderator   Logged

Argus
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2006, 11:51:20 AM »

I voted no, because like Gunfighter_frank I agree that sometimes your intell is just plain wrong.
The way i see it, its just part of the game. We have all lost ships inexplicably once in a while, and while its likely its lines of code colliding in unanticipated ways, its something that we all risk when we send fleets on missions.

So...  Even though I completely agree that wolfwood is essentially right in his case, I still vote no, because its not a new development, people have lost ships for inexplicable, unanticipated ways for as long as I've been playing. My reaction to such losses is to suck it up, and try to find ways to minimize the risks of it happening again.
I have lowered the difficulty of missions i will attempt to such a degree that my ships can survive killer fleets, not just ordinary mission fleets. Because of this, my cost of resupply has been very low, and hence ive grown faster than those who take their fleets to the limit every mission.
And still, once in a blue moon, i will lose a ship, even though it by itself has 1000 times more power than the encryption mission i was attempting.

I guess its just a risky business, flying warships and getting shot at. You think you have the biggest baddest ship in the world, with impervious force fields to guard you from harm... and somehow someone just happened to have your shield frequency and randomly fired at your magazines.... and in a second of unleashed antimatter fury, your fancy new dreadnought becomes a fancy expanding cloud of glowing plasma.
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2006, 01:52:02 PM »

Heh, well put Argus. I can respect that answer

Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2006, 02:10:37 PM »

Did some research

Sometimes, the system will not find enough fleet power, or the cost calculator may modify it, and you may face less fleets than you should.
It is not a bug, it just happenes, the encounters use a defferent experimental system than missions, to produce enemy fleets.
However, the reward is adjusted when it happenes, so there is no easy reward.

Emi stated on August 1st that encounters do go through the cost calculator. The first mission was 1.2 trillion cost more then my fleets.
The second mission is obviously overpowered. Why do encounters go through an experimental system? Why arent experiments tested on a test server before brought to the live server?

This makes for very unhappy commanders.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2006, 03:19:44 PM »

Men I got hit so many times by fleets that were impossible, ships that were there asd the calculater rather has 1 ship then none, letting me face ships 1000x my cost and strenght wiping me out. Did I get resupplied? NO
So why would we do it now?

bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2006, 04:17:11 PM »

Well I vote give all the ppl who lost thier fleets to killer fleets thier ships back ... - I got more than once wiped at the beginning of this round ... - but I am afraid Sir E ll not give back anything because than he would have to be fair and reemburse all who lost (and to ba fair ppl will have to get reembured based on the time in round they lost ... and that would be much to much work to figure out ...) over all I would like to get reembured but I am afraid it will not happen - maybe next round lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: