Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 19, 2024, 06:36:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Upgrade to alliance pages  (Read 5326 times)
mrtimbr549
Sergeant

There are those who call me....Timmmm

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2006, 02:28:01 PM »

Hey all,
I was thinking it would be nice if there were a page in the alliance section that showed all of the truces w/ time remaining.  Makes it easy to see truces at a glance.  Should all but eliminate those embarassing oops moments.
And it would be cool if the leader could also see the names of the truced alliances leaders.  It wouuld cut back on my mailbox space by 5 pages.
Report to moderator   Logged

Do us all a favor, pull your bottom lip over your head -- and swallow
Remfer
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 02:42:33 PM »

I think that if u want to change the name of an alliance but keep the members then there should be an update to change the name and to all members of truced alliances emails would be sent to tell them of the name change
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 06:46:55 AM »

Now that is the best Idea I have seen so for

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 08:57:57 AM »

wow, these are grea ideas....but isn't the first one already in existance mr timbr?

mrtimbr549
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 12:23:02 PM »

right you are Seither..my bad ..but I would still like a better system for knowing the leaders info...1

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 03:29:29 PM »

Leaders info would be good 1

Remfer
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 09:49:30 AM »

i took it to mean for bounties.  Researching isn't that hard, but having to do it everytime u collect a bounty is annoying...and it would be hard to research them if they're not near my ranking

btw - this is an idea from another space game but u can't really do it here...is to have rankings.  The rankings names would be made by the leader and each ranking would have something different.  E.G. both the leader and if they make another ranking for second in command would be able to change the description or logo...it's sort of harder to do since the things they had on the other game are either incorperated into the alliance, or not availible or don't even work for this game
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 09:51:42 AM by Remfer » Report to moderator   Logged
SnipeDragon
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 03:26:09 PM »

My Ideas on the subject:

Have a Leader, which is voted on [like it is now]

The Leader can assign Co-Leaders [2 Maximum] which can approve/deny join requests, but cannot disband the alliance, or change the picture/description.

Alliances could have ranks within the Alliance, these ranks would be custom, the Leader decides the ranks, which the Leader and Co-Leader(s) can promote/demote within these ranks.

An Alliance Fund, you can donate to the fund, and purchase 'GAU' or Global Alliance Upgrades, these would be like +3% Accuracy, or +3% Hitpoints, you could also use the funds to pay off other alliances that are warring you, or something like that.

These are just ideas, but I like them.
Remfer
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 08:08:35 PM »

clapping great idea
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 08:49:41 PM »

My Ideas on the subject:

Have a Leader, which is voted on [like it is now]

The Leader can assign Co-Leaders [2 Maximum] which can approve/deny join requests, but cannot disband the alliance, or change the picture/description.

Alliances could have ranks within the Alliance, these ranks would be custom, the Leader decides the ranks, which the Leader and Co-Leader(s) can promote/demote within these ranks.

An Alliance Fund, you can donate to the fund, and purchase 'GAU' or Global Alliance Upgrades, these would be like +3% Accuracy, or +3% Hitpoints, you could also use the funds to pay off other alliances that are warring you, or something like that.

These are just ideas, but I like them.
All of that sounds great to me. =)

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
mrtimbr549
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 12:42:53 PM »

Make it so

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 11:45:32 PM »

hmm... ya, just have it be something like this: (where the alliance leader can select which to be for what)

ability 1  ability 2  ability 3 ability 4 ability 5 ...
rank 1   X           X           X           X          X
rank 2
rank 3
rank 4

this would probably be the simplest way, where each ability is simply a different action, like renewing truces, another for kicking players (for those people you REALLY trust) another for being able to decide to go to war (for whenever it is put in more officialy) another for breaking truces, and so on.  the only thing, however, is you would need someway of choosing where new players will go automatically, either by having it where the leader can choose, or simply by automatically placing them at the lowest available ranking.

btw, snipe, you may not realize it, but the part you said about alliance fund is already being planned... it's here in the forum... somewhere...  posted... sometime...  ah well, it's good to have reminders of when something is really needed anyway laugh

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2006, 08:53:55 AM »

I like idea with global upgrades. Now aliance is a group of people, with aliance upgrades this would give some real benefit to members.
However strong aliances would go even stronger... Maybe each user would have to pay for upgrade.

Simple upgrade to aliance pages could be link to aliance website.

Second in command is nice, but votes are good too when leader is gone.

And the last, it would be nice to see members of truced aliances, and truces/aliances in bounty list.

Alright... rip
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2006, 07:02:27 AM »

Srry for my lack of time, but as soon as I have time I will write out the best suggestion work them out and send them to Sir Emi, as mod of tis section. This is a great suggestion, and I'm srry for the delay.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 12:31:22 AM »

this idea keeps evovling to become better and better.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: