Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 28, 2024, 10:04:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: View / Edit Fleet showing you actual ship, as it is build  (Read 8156 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: November 27, 2006, 11:56:34 PM »

This is an idea I had, to show the ship image when you go to view the ship.

It will categorize your ship acording to how big it is, then, taking into account what systems are installed, show a graphic representation of the ship.

A designer was hired for this job, and some pictures drawn, we should have a working version soon.

This is a screenshot of what I am talking about, that's your basic frigate:

* view_ship0.jpg (37.54 KB, 879x638 - viewed 517 times.)

* view_ship.jpg (35.68 KB, 897x585 - viewed 489 times.)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 11:59:50 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Remfer
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 12:16:24 AM »

yeah! that's what i'm talking about...i was preparing to talk about how i can't really tell what my ship looks like, and why i keep thinking even the small ships look exactly the same as the larger ones
Report to moderator   Logged
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 02:26:57 AM »

What, now even more cool stuff!!! As if its not bad enough I spend over 15 hours a day in front of computers, Sir Emi adds things to keep me staring at the screen even longer!!! Ahhhhh !!!! I need a blackout to save me !! 3

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

Remfer
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 08:16:28 AM »

lol...it looks cool
Smee
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 02:38:39 PM »

that looks great

now how many different types of images of ships will there be, just the standard 1 or multiple designs, also will we be able to choose from the designs ??? and to be honest with all the talent in this game i would have thought a player could have designed the ships but atleast this way we get an idea were the donation money is goin lol

Smee 12
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 03:20:50 PM »

I went through my designs and they were all different depending on size, weight, number of weapons and such. Now Im gonna design a maxed out ship just to see what the picture looks like. wow

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 01:27:49 AM »

lol, well, glad to see things are moving right along, but I'm still wondering about council. That was suppose to be added forever ago, what happened to it?

Bartimues
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 09:40:59 PM »

This is amazing and has gotten some of my friends back into SO. Also, I was wondering about the coucil too. We voted like a really long time ago, and it still isn't been added. What happened?
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 04:25:36 AM »

These are great fighters designs but what about capital ships.  I mean come on I have ships with trillions of Marines on board and how in the world can fighters house that many Marines and that is what they all look like none of them look like a capital ship, no Point defense arrays, no turrets no missile tubes no battle ship guns.  But this is a great job
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 04:28:05 AM by Gunfighter Frank » Report to moderator   Logged

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Remfer
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 09:11:49 AM »

hey  4 just because it isn't just like a capital ship should be, i know from learning about C and a bit of pre Java, that it is a lot harder than you think to make these updates.  And even though when i showed up the galaxy travel system was up, i can just imagine how hard it was to make the galaxy project.

don't rush Emi, it's not his fault that computer programming isn't a simple click here and there.  12
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 04:05:27 AM »

not rushing just pointing out little details.  notice I did say that it is great.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 12:05:29 AM »

remfer, Emi likes us to point out stuff like this, it's how he know what to update and what to mess with. It's not like we are trashing the whole system or something, lol.

My idea: some humorous looking ships, like on shapped like a pig, dog, cat, ect. just to spice things up.

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 03:25:46 PM »

how about a download or some thing where you could add items to our ships to customize them.  so our ships have distigtive looks. some thing like in Galatic civilazations.  we pick a hull then add stuff to it so it becomes our ship, the size of the ship will limit hulls to pick from and then you have X amount of hardpoints you can use to customize your ship with variours things like computers and shield systems and weapons and armor and special and that sort of thing

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 07:11:47 PM »

hmm....might be a little complex, but might work gunfighter. Though for now, I'd much rather him work on council, lol.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: