Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 29, 2024, 07:35:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Testing Galaxy Buildings and Tech Tree  (Read 13544 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: October 24, 2006, 03:42:14 PM »

I've activated the test server to test for the research tech tree / system buildings

Everyone starts with 5 bil credits, 5000 turns and +50 commander points

There is a small picture of a graph in main screen, oposite from items interface, it willl open the Research Interface. There is also0 a new button on the system screen of the Galaxy, described as System Build. The old build button is now called Mothership Modules.

As of now the asteroid base and mining post can be researched and constructed, working on the building command interface and modules upgrade as we speak and they should be available by the time some test buildings are complete.

Please let me know if you run into any errors.

Your login link to the test server:
http://www.spaceo.net/testmode/login.php

Thank you
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 03:54:39 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 03:55:53 PM »

first and foremost, I see CP turns and credits are used to research the items, which I suppose won't be as bad since now you can do encounters for all 3...

the other thing I noticed is if this is going to lead to a huge amount of different techs, that list is going to get really long, really fast, and that's not going to be any fun searching through the list of things for the one item you want to research 10
Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 04:01:59 PM »

You may have noticed, that you will need to research previous tech levels in order to activate the next tech on the list.

You can only "see into the future"  a couple of tech ahead in a particular category...

A unique feature, is that you can specialize in the tech you use most, researching unlimited levels of any tech

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 04:05:49 PM »

ya, I noticed that, a very interesting blend of different styles, you can research unlimited tech levels, but to get ot he one you want, you may have to research other things. 

really, I've just started in it, but so far it looks really good.  still looking forward to the planets though >_>

edit:
I doth hereby claim first bug found  laugh
just kidding, although I did run into an error, don't worry, E, I am messaging it to you here now.

edit: edit:
ok, sir E, this is starting to get annoying.  could you please let me know at least if you are currently working on it or something? right now I am getting that same error no matter what mineral I mine, in any amount.  it is kind of hard to gather minerals to build the system buildings when you can't mine the minerals 10
I sent the first error report to your account in this forum, or did you want me to message in the game itself the error?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 05:23:52 PM by ars68 » Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 09:01:58 PM »

I've hit the bug too

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 09:40:26 PM »

fixed the bug, remnant from items, you should mine fine now

TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 10:32:22 PM »

umm i think there should be a lil instruction on how to use the tech tree cause i really have no idea if im doing it right and maybe a description too it would make it easier to undersand

o and might i also request ... i kno wrong section but....maybe arranging galaxy contract a lil beter like between a cetrain lvl and [with in] a certain amount of turns, it would make it easier to find the ones you want one the test server
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 10:49:18 PM by TheMerchant » Report to moderator   Logged

WARS Account= Overmind
A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 04:58:55 AM »

I don't quit understand it, I know how to build but what's the use of it all? Opps
Yeah I can read that it sais it will give +1 mining facility per level, but what does that mean ???
And how to buy fighters or missiles?
Or am I a complete idiot again? Opps

Already thx guys, ABI 1
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 11:44:14 AM by A^Bloody^Idiot » Report to moderator   Logged

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
deathStar1337
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 12:34:00 PM »

i got a bug too  2  i spent ages travelleing from star to star to mine enough minerals to get an asteroid base which wasnt easy with 200mil power reavers >.<... anywho to the bug... i got my asteroid base bulit wow then clicked it and got a white screen , just nothingness...   guess my base got sucked into a white hole 2  2   
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 12:35:45 PM by deathStar1337 » Report to moderator   Logged

Forfeit the game , Before somebody else Takes you out of the frame and Puts your name to shame, Cover up your face , You can't run the race, The pace is too fast,You just won't last!
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 01:29:50 PM »

Well, as I said I'm still working on the starbase interface, so after you build the base stick around until it's finnised, that's were you can buy the missiles and fighters, and check the base stats, hire workers to do the job, upgrade modules etc.

drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 02:24:45 PM »

i dont like it 21

Peace And Happy Hunting
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 02:59:04 PM »

about the +1 mining thing or whatever, on the assimilation tech, that means you can build an asteroid base in more then one system, hence 'controlling' more then one system, where then you may put it in whatever you wish...

and you ALREADY have an asteroid base?   2  lol

edit:
I don't know if I will be ablet o do much more now... SOMEBODY had to go on a rampage on the test server and kill my best ship, severaly reducing my chances of winning encounters....
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 03:04:34 PM by ars68 » Report to moderator   Logged

Ricu
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 03:16:48 PM »

here's a suggestion .. in the reaserch tree as a final branch , Doom's Day , and when 10 commanders reaserch it the round will end 13

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 03:24:07 PM »

not as the only requirement, no... but maybe top 200 ranking, lvl 100, and DDay researched.

A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 03:43:34 PM »

Then Emi has to change the Dooms Day description aswell, 'cus there it sais 20 commanders...

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: