Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 26, 2024, 01:44:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: the total pawnage bonus.  (Read 7535 times)
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« on: March 30, 2006, 10:40:33 AM »

ok, you just went to attack some person who thought his fleets were all that great, and you go and prove him dead wrong:

You destroyed *the noob*(XX1) 429452834 ships and lost 0/1 ships.  (hehehe)

now the question is, what are you going to do with ALLLLL this debris just floating here?  why, what else other then taking it and adding it to your mothership 1

so you start gathering up all the debris (you completely annihilated his fleets, so no one left to stop you anyway, especially when the mothership fled)  and find that all his ship's space ceombined came up to a total of 342.000.000.000.000 space.  after sifting through all the worthless and shot out space, you find you are able to turn 1 bil of each of that space into 1 segment, so you go away with 342.000 more segments then you had before.  how nice 1

I would have said 1 mil, but after going through the example, that would have been 300+ million some segments and thought, WHOA!  back up a little there, it may be totally huge fleet, but that still to much!

actually...  how about this:  the exchange rate between space and segments you receive as bonus (only available if the ENTIRE enemy fleet is destroyed, no ships left) is 1 segment to 100000*amount of segments you have already.  so lets say you already have 1 mil segments, that means the exchange rate will be a whopping 100000*1000000=100.000.000.000 to 1 segment.  this also fits nicely into the idea that bigger motherships need more advanced and harder to find material (the same reason you give as to why the more segments you have, the less you recieve in exploring)
Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 11:00:05 AM »

It's a pretty good idea, a nice way to increase the mothership when you get higher up the ranks.
Of course it will have to be like a small percent, with a max amount, but it's good.

Sengments wil become more and more important, especially when we get the updates to build items using workshops and market materials, and research unique technology using laboratory segments.

Idea Noted

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 11:22:22 AM »

thanks 1

btw, I think that is also a very good way to implement a limit.  if you somehow get to 1 tril segments, then more then likely you will never even get a single segment from this, as you would need to destroy 100 quad+ space worth of ships just for 1 segment.  pretty far out.

or do you mean a limit on how many segments you can recieve in 1 battle?  yea, the thought had occured to me.  if you wait until very last moment to start generating segments, you wipe out a 1 tril space fleet when you only have 1000 segments, that will start adding up to a lot more then should.  lol.  good point 1

meh, doesn't matter which really, up to you in the end 1  I'm sure you will come up with something great off of it at the least like normal.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 11:24:12 AM by ars68 » Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 03:44:06 PM »

Sounds pretty awesome to me, ars. Lord knows I need the segments  5

In this picture there are 40 people.  None of them can be seen.  In this film we hope to show you how not to be seen.
randalthor
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 11:43:56 AM »

sweet idea. but what will stop alliances from building zero ships and attacking eachother for the segs they would get?

wow, you're really fat.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 10:16:46 PM »

ok, 2 things to put in here:

1: randalthor, that could not be possible (or at least advisable) because of you do the math I put in there, and figure the normal commander at this point will already have maybe 5000 segments, that means if they just built a single a decoy (1 space) and blew it up, it would result in 1/500.000.000 of a segment.  in toher words, nothing at all.  even if they WERE to build enough decoys to add up to the required amount, a single space decoy still costs 165 credits without discount, and at 500 mil space, that would mean the other alliance member just spent 82.5 Billion credits, just for a SINGLE segment.  it would be much easier just to spend that money on a single mission where you could get 100-500 segments maybe.  but considering this, I propose something easier (my second thing):

2:  instead of all this complicated stuff to throw around everywhere, you could just put in that if after a battle, the enemy ships left = 0, then the mission reward, whatever it is, is doubled.  this would take care of missions at least.  maybe in a PvP this is either unavailable, or the winning player receives 50% of the all credits spent on lost ships.  lol.  so everytime someone attacks, it's like a jackpot, the more destroyed, the bigger the jackpot, and the only way to win the jackpot is to completely annihilate the other side.  but what if both are wiped out?  hmmm...

randalthor
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 08:46:23 PM »

ha, ars, i really didnt think about the math. that shows how smart i am. they say, the more absent minded the more intelligent! (who are they?) i like the double idea though.

wow, you're really fat.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 10:16:12 PM »

yes, but my other idea there, THAT one is way to easy to just transfer resources, you would lose half of what is spent, but about the same thing would be possible.  maybe something else...  maybe the same as first idea, jst tuned down a little.  maybe it is 10X the amount of segments you have, with a max of what you can receive.  then again...  maybe it could be that if it is a total pawnage of another player, whether it be board or regular, you will capture 100% of 10% or 20% of their segments.  but then it would be to easy to just leave 1 account down where they can easily expand 1000's of segments, then just keep on re-building a single scout to transfer segments.  ARRRRGGGH!  I dont know what would be a good way between PvP attacks. 

it looks like best bet for PvP attacks is like I originally said, as you noted emi, just maybe tuned down a little like I said, the space of enemy fleets divided by (current mothership size times 10), but with a max of segments earned in 1 battle.  anyway, I am elaving it you sir mi, before I get a headache that is unneeded.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 02:22:11 AM »

On that note, randalthor, a 0 space ship means it has 0 space, so even 100000000000000000000 of them, gives you 0 space. MAJOR waste of creds. But this idea is awesome.

randalthor
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 05:10:52 PM »

what i ment monkey, is space 1 ships, zero ships are not possible. i already tried.

wow, you're really fat.
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 11:42:19 PM »

If you read the old forum you will see I have made this suggestion before or one very similar.  and it did not go over to well then

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 01:41:24 AM »

Yes, well, times change. Someone suggested the leveling up idea way early on and it didn't fly, but later it did. So there.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 06:08:53 PM »

yes gunfighter, this is really your suggestion from way back when, just expanded a little, like, just HOW CAN we reward these people who accomplish this.

come to think of it, I believe it is was because of people who used suicide swarmers that made you post it, and now look who is doing what.  what irony  :15:  lol

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 12:12:42 AM »

I like the idea!  I do not use suicide swarmers.  but that is the reason I posted it to give those that dont loose ships a bonus.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2006, 10:25:02 AM »

ok, I thought of another, quite possibly MUCH easier then figuring out this space mystery, or something... 

anyway, if you destroy 100% of the enemy fleet, you receive a bonus to the exp you receive.  this could be a nice reward for those who destroy everything. and this could be put in easily since even if you still lose SOMEHOW, you still get exp for it anyway.  this amount however would of course be debatable.  it could be an easy 3500 extra, but then it may go to the same thing as before, it really isn't much compared to needing 200k exp for 1 level, maybe it could depend on what was destroyed, like the regular exp you get, but with a much higher limit, like 35000 exp?

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: