Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 19, 2024, 01:59:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Hacker 2  (Read 1972 times)
Remfer
« on: October 10, 2006, 04:52:26 PM »

Ok, so you will have to wait a few more days but i am currently working on the next part of my trilogy
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 11:15:17 PM by Remfer » Report to moderator   Logged
Remfer
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 11:14:26 PM »

Here is the completed story of the Hacker 2.  Notice for anyone who read the orrigional post, i changed the whole title

The Hacker 2:
                                                                The 44th

Prologue

It has been four days since the death of Zendiburn.  A silence has fallen over the Galaxy.  An epidemic stopped, a disease cured.  Zendiburn is finally gone!  As the hushed galaxy begins to become full of applause as news of the death turns to celebration in a few places, a completely black ship silently slips towards the ISBD.  No one sees the ship as it re-connects to the source and gloved hands type in the admin password.  No one realizes that the data is being scanned.  Not even the guards realize that a backdoor is being placed in the ISBD.  The perfect weapon for taking all the data…

Chapter 1: Preparations

It had been the one mission that Remfer had been putting off for the past year.  He told the employer that he had to catch an escaped member of a nuclear testing company.  If he didn’t catch the member the whole universe could be infected with leukemia and then there would be no reason to have the data, if there was no one to sell anything.  But finally Remfer had no choice.  He walked to the thingypit and started up the engines.  He would make a few stops to get the tools he would need before he continued with he plans.  His backdoor was already set up, but the moment he accessed it he would be caught and would be blown away by more than three thousand mother ships.  Yes, in the four days since the attack, the ISBD had upped their security a great deal.
   Remfer turned around and activated slipstream.  He jumped and in just a few minutes he arrived at the small electromagnetic field.  His ship stopped just before the field and Remfer activated the small indicator on the side of the controls.  Immediately the electromagnetic field went down and there were no more defenses to the small black hole that loomed before him.  Remfer wasn’t scared of that particular black hole.  The other members of the 43rd had specially designed it.  On impact it wouldn’t chop away at your ship condensing it like any other black hole, but simply you would pass through it and you would arrive in another slipstream wormhole that can’t be used from anywhere else.  You would make an incredible jump to a place far away from the rest of the universe.  It was too far away for any ship to try to find their base.  And it didn’t make it easier that they were in an asteroid.  Slowly but surely Remfer guided his ship out of the wormhole and towards the asteroid that was marked red on his monitor.  The asteroid opened and Remfer guided his mother ship into the base.
   As soon as Remfer landed he hopped out of his ship and ran to the end of the dock.  Behind him his ship was collapsing in on itself and turning into a crater shaped thing that then flew out of the dock and into the designated crater on the outside of the asteroid.  It then camouflaged itself.
   Remfer quickly walked down the halls to the main office.  He opened the door and sat down in his chair.  He swiveled around and turned on the monitor.  Thousands of halls stretched here and there.  It was like looking down on a roofless web of corridors and buildings, but it was on his monitor.  He found who he was looking for and called him through their computers.
   It only took a couple of moments before the man he had designated arrived at the office.  He was a bit nervous, Remfer could easily tell with heat and motion monitors, but he stood his ground.  Immediately they lost the whole boss worker concept and shook hands.  They had been best of friends since they joined the 43rd.  Remfer walked back to his desk and then asked him, “Edingore, I believe you know why you are here?”
   “Yes sir, you want to ask me for some tools you could use and some upgrades for your ship so that you can hack the ISBD.  Sir!”
   “Edingore, you can ignore the whole sir thing, it gets on my nerves.”
   “I know sir, that is why I say it.”
   Remfer groaned, “So, do you have what I’ll need to hack the ISBD?”
   “No sir!”
   Remfer looked confused, “But you always have the right tools.”
   “Sir, I don’t have the proper tools for the ISBD.  You would need a backdoor for the tools that I do have if you wanted to crack the ISBD.”
   Remfer smiled as he said this and then went back to his emotionless face when Edingore caught on.
   “Sir, I will have the tools and upgrades installed within the next hour, make yourself at home, sir!”  He turned and strode out of the office.  It was just like Edingore.  Make him agitated and then stride out with pride.  Remfer sighed.  He would only have a few more hours at base before he would have to leave for an extended period of time.

Chapter 2: The hack

Remfer had already piloted the ship out of the magnetic field when his employer called again.  The dark face that Remfer had never seen appeared on his monitor.  “Remfer, have you gotten the data yet?  It has been over a year and I am thinking of getting someone new for the job.”
   “Give me one more day and I will have your data.”
   “Excellent.”  The monitor turned off and Remfer leaned back in his chair as the wormhole opened up in front of him.  Yep, just one more day and Remfer would be returning home to his base.
   The jump only took an hour but it seemed like eons as Remfer woke completely rested.  He looked out at it.  There orbiting Neuron Five, the ISBD floated triumphantly.  Its time to make it less arrogant, Remfer thought to himself as he uploaded the first of the software discs he had bee given.  It was just a quick startup guide so Remfer took it out and placed in the next one.  It was similar so Remfer ejected it again.  It took him a few more minutes to realize it was all read-me’s.  Aggravated he turned on the cloaking device on his ship and went silent.  His ship began to camouflage, and then turn invisible as the device went to work.  As soon as he was running dark Remfer turned to his console and activated the ISBD admin entrance.  He typed in the password he had hacked before and was instantly in.  He searched for the data he needed and then found it.  After going through a couple of more authentication pop-ups, he had reached the main database storage page.  He inserted a mega-disk into his disk drive and began the download.  Another authentication pop-up appeared.  This one was a one-time chance to re-enter the password.  Remfer entered it, and too late did he realize that there was another password he had needed.  Remfer sent in a CPU bug to slow down the alert and look for traces.  If there were any the bug would disconnect the local host from the terminal and then block-up the CPU usage with random stuff until the computer overloaded and shut down for a few hours.  Even with the bug, Remfer felt pressured.  He quickly started the deletion software.  As each account was copied, the information about it was erased.  Luckily it was just the information page and not the actual accounts; otherwise the information would be useless.  Remfer quickly set up the log deletion software and the disconnection software that would disconnect without leaving a log.  A trace began, but instantly stopped.  His bug returned and was instantly deleted.  Remfer sent out a few more bugs just in case.  Finally the information was secured and the information was deleted from the ISBD.  He ran all the safety precaution programs and then disconnected using the software that he had at the ready.  He slowly backed away from the ISBD so as not to attract attention to himself and then quickly opened up a wormhole flinging him to the meeting point.
   Remfer switched on the monitor and called his employer.  The dark face appeared.  “I have the information,” Remfer said.
   “I will be there in an hour…are you at the sight?”
   “Yes, I will be awaiting your arrival.”
   It took only three hours, but finally the employer arrived.  His face appeared on the monitor.  “Send over the information and you will be credited instantly.”
   “No,” Remfer said, “I’ve seen your records, and history, credit my account first and then I will send the data.”
   “Foolish android, I could always get someone more willing to do the job.”
   “I thought you would do that, and so the information has been deleted from the ISBD itself.  The accounts, the passwords, everything is on this disk.  If I wanted to I could leave right now and become more rich than anything you could pay me.”
   “You do and I will blow your ship up!”
   “But, will you risk destroying the disc?”
   “All right, all right!” the employer said.  Immediately Remfer’s account jumped up by a quadrillion credits.  Just incase the employer tried to bounce the transfer Remfer transferred the credits to another account that had been hidden to everyone except himself.
   “I’m sending you the data now.”  As soon as he said it one of the ships in his transport fleet that only cost 1000 credits a ship flew out by remote control to deliver the disk.  “Keep the ship,” Remfer said and jumped out of there.  Next stop, home.

Chapter 3: The 44th

Remfer awoke to find a man standing over him.  The man walked back and just stood there.  Remfer got up.  He looked around.  This wasn’t his office.  He was sure that he had gone to sleep in his office.  He looked at the man and the man smiled.  Remfer was beginning to get nervous.  Finally, after what seemed like hours, the man spoke, “Remfer, I come to you now with an offer.”
   “I’m not taking anymore missions right now.”
   “I do not ask for anything, other than to ask you to join the 44th.”
   “I don’t know which department you’re from, but I’m not joining no stupid upgrade to what I am.  You already ruined my life once, it will not happen again.”
   “I though you would say that.  However, the only way out of here is by defeating me.  So, to be nice, I will let you have an option.  Either you will join the 44th, or you can challenge me.”
   “I think I will take you on.”
   “I pity you, but nevertheless, if you can defeat me I will leave you, for now.  But if I win you will join the 44th.”
   “Whatever just start the battle.”
   “Very well.”  The man flipped up two daggers that looked similar to Remfer’s.  Remfer picked up the daggers he had and immediately changed into the computer form.  His reflexes and reactions increased dramatically and Remfer ran to the right.  In almost a second Remfer had crossed the large room.  He jumped, hit the wall, and bounced at a direct angle straight at the man.  The man ducked right as Remfer was about to swing his blades and Remfer went flying into the ground.  He immediately jumped back up and sped towards the man.  The man flung his dagger at Remfer and Remfer dodged to the side, following up with a leap at the man’s throat.
   Before he realized what happened the man was behind Remfer with his dagger to Remfer’s head.  “See, you can’t even defeat me, an old man.”
   “He, you’re not that old.”
   “Fool, you have challenged the prototype of the 44th.  You will die here or you will join me.”
   “I don’t think so,” Remfer swung his dagger back with his one free hand and it was about to hit its mark when all of a sudden the man was gone.  Remfer got up and looked around only to have to fall backwards as the man lunged at him just like he had one a bit before.  “d**n, you’re fast.”
   “I told you, I’m just the prototype.  You would be much faster, and stronger.”
   “Stop messing with my mind,” Remfer flung his daggers.  They flew towards the man only to be hit to the side by the man’s bare hand.
   “Foolish 43rd, did you really think your daggers could defeat me?”  Immediately after he said it his daggers started to blaze with fire.
   “What the hell?”
   “I told you, I’m stronger than you.” He moved so fast he almost flew as he ran up and slashed Remfer through the head.  “Don’t worry, you’re not dead.  You might think it, but your just shut down, temporarily.”  The room faded around Remfer, and everything went black…
   Remfer awoke to a red vision.  He tried to move but realized he was on a table and was clamped down.  Giant machinery had been removed from him and the red vision faded.  The man was standing nearby.  “How was it?  The computer system?”
   “It’s all red,” the computer turned back on and a small circle enlarged the image of the man.  Remfer closed his eyes with the unfamiliar feeling from the new computer.  “What happened?” 
   The man smiled, “Welcome to the 44th.”
   “Let me return to my alliance.”
   “You will return in due time.  But first I need to test out one more feature.”  Claws spurted out from the back of Remfer’s hands.  That’s not what startled him though, it was the fact that they moved with his fingers or stayed still if he wanted it to.  Not just that, but there were four of them, not just three.
   “What the…”
   “Your new claw system…”
   “So can I leave now?”
   “We will meet again.”  The room faded from Remfer and everything was black again.  Suddenly he woke up gasping for breath.  He was in his chair just where he had been.  What a dream he thought.  But it had all seemed so real.  As Remfer looked at himself again a red vision came on.  It was real…four claws shot out of the back of his hand.  The 44th.  Would it be different?  Remfer couldn’t tell.  He checked the calendar.  It had been four weeks since he had fallen asleep.  Four weeks?  That wasn’t possible.  He could hear the man’s voice from his dream.  It seemed so distant.  He walked to his monitor and turned it on.  Everything was different.  The corridors were the same, but when he went to sleep there was an eight-hour training course going on, and now there was no one.  What had actually happened?
   Remfer, unsure of himself, got up and walked to the door.  It took less than a second.  Remfer walked back to his chair and then turned around and walked back to the door.  The same again.  His speed had increased.  But he wasn’t even using the technology…or was he?  It was all very confusing for Remfer, so he decided to go back to his chair and ponder it.

Chapter 4: Joining the Void

Two days later two of the members of the alliance walked up to Remfer’s office.  The barged in and held up guns to Remfer’s head.  “Sir, we’re taking over.  If you try to stop us you will be blown to hell.  Do we make ourselves clear?”
   Remfer just stared at them.
   “Do we make ourselves…” Remfer lashed out with his four-clawed hand at impossible speeds.  It slashed through the head of the first one and then Remfer grabbed the second one by the neck. 
   “How dare you.  Walk in here trying to disband this alliance.  If I die this alliance dies.”
   “Fool…we have another leader.”
   The way he said fool Remfer knew that he had met the mysterious man.  “When did you meet that man?”
   “What man,” the member’s face went pale white.
   “You’re an idiot,” and the man slid down to the floor, head sliced off.  Their bodies were immediately ejected into space, and their information was disavowed from the Next Gen info page.  Things are starting to get strange around here, Remfer thought to himself.  He walked down to the main hall.  In it he found every single member standing there at attention with weapons.  “What is the meaning of this?” Remfer shouted.
   “Your death,” all the members of Next-Gen shouted back.
   “You will pay for this.”
   “No, Remfer,” the strange man walked out from within the crowd, “You will.”
   “I have nothing to pay for.”
   “You are no longer 43rd, you abandoned these people.  I have taken over, it is time to die.”
   “But you made me 44th.  You are part 44th.”
   “No, I am upgraded 43rd.  After turning you into the 44th, I can continue making more.  But you had to be eliminated.  Death is too easy, and so I have something more elaborate for you.”
   “Only if you can catch me.”  Remfer dodged to the right and ran to the wall, he bounced off it hit the ground, bounced to the ceiling and then fell to the floor, paralyzed.
   “Please, you don’t think I wouldn’t think about your speed?  I implanted a paralyze chip to shut down all your movement.”  The other members of the 43rd gathered around him.  Edingore stepped forward.
   “You lied to us.  You said you would never leave the 43rd.”
   Remfer couldn’t speak because of the paralyze chip.  He was tied down to the floor and then was de-paralyzed. 
   The man walked over to Remfer, “Any last words Remfer?” as he said this he pulled out a dagger with strange symbols on it.
   “Edingore, I didn’t betray you, he forced me.”
   “If this pathetic nock-off defeated you, then you are of no use to us anyways.”  Edingore took out his weapon and knocked out the man with the dagger.  He took the dagger and walked over to Remfer.  “Its time for you to be shut down.”  Edingore said a few incantations and the dagger glowed.  He brought it up, “Goodbye, Remfer,” and he brought it down into Remfer’s heart destroying both the fleshy tissue and the metal circuits.  The computer spazzed and then shutdown.  Remfer bleed a bit, and then died.

Chapter 5: The void of Time

Remfer opened his eyes.  There was black everywhere, no light.  At first Remfer thought he was dead, but soon realized he wasn’t.  If so, where was he then?  Remfer looked around but couldn’t make out which way was towards earth.  He tried activating his computer but nothing happened.  Is this what death is?  Could I actually be dead?  I have no idea what death is like, but this doesn’t seem like death.  As Remfer though about this he began to remember what happened.  He couldn’t get everything, since it was memories, but he got the big picture.  Edingore had killed him,, with some enchanted blade or something.  Remfer looked around again.  What was this place?  A small square with a picture of Edingore walking away from his body went by.  What was that, Remfer thought.  Another with his body being sucked into space.  Another flash of what is happening in the world.  If that was the world and he is not dead here, but dead there, then is this what being dead is, or is this something else.
   There was no sense of time where Remfer was.  He kept trying to think, had it been four hours yet, or was it twenty minutes?  Could it have been a day?  What…then all of a sudden a bright light shone from nowhere.  Remfer couldn’t move, but the light got closer.  It filled the entire area around Remfer, and suddenly Remfer wasn’t in a black nothing, but in a light nothing with just light around.  Remfer felt the warmth and fell asleep…
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 11:16:11 PM by Remfer » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: