Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 27, 2024, 10:14:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Encounters update  (Read 35079 times)
Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2006, 10:40:54 PM »

at most today i saw 10 in a quadrent so there out there just gotta be lucky
Report to moderator   Logged

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2006, 11:23:03 PM »

i found a ton on my alt (3-5 a quardent) but didnt find one at all with my main...

TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2006, 12:34:02 AM »

well after all the are events. you dont see 100 happening a day and also with the new arrange meant it isnt punishing the higher ranked ppl its call INCREASING THE DIFFICULTY making it harder to gain power when your higher up not easier

WARS Account= Overmind
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2006, 04:36:52 AM »

emi i love the new amout of encounters, but can we plz get rid of the lower limit, it cuts the amount of events i can do dramatically, it sux when i find an event and try 2 do it, but then i find that my power is 2 big

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2006, 08:38:35 AM »

well, my alt was at 30 bil power, and was able to see 2 bil encounter, and i would find an avrage of 3-4 a quardent, but now i level up to 45 bil power seeing down to like 3 bil encounters, and i found 3 encounters in 700 turns.. not to mention 2 of them WAY to big for me to even do.. what happened?

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2006, 08:58:40 AM »

yeah this is really really stupid, galaxy was fun but now its useless when you go to high in power...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
Demitrious Ducas
Lance Corporal

I can't say anything making this image any better!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2006, 03:28:01 PM »

I think most of the recent upgrades are great for the long term game. Sir Emi please ignore those that are pregnant doging (should be female, not just pregnant dogs...  laugh ) so loudly... 80% of them are the round leaders that have been using loopholes in the rules to pay for encounter scouting and started the round with super aggressive galaxy alt scouting for black holes, just keep letting them cry they have been the ones running 500% more turns and profit  than everyone else and monopolozing the low power encounters from players that are the appropriate power levels. Too many players are willing to try exploiting loopholes to further boost thier power, but when the loopholes are closed those same players that were rewarded for using them are up in arms about getting cheated out of thier fun tactics...  21

Many of these same loud disenters, along with plenty of other commanders are running encounters fast enough that the news box is moving at a fast pace. Searching a quad or even 2-3 quads is not an accurate test of the changes, since it is possible someone else recently moved through that area to do the encounters, only Sir Emi can SEE the galaxy as a whole and KNOW that there are encounters of all powers waiting out there in signifigant numbers. Those that say they spent a few turns looking and got nothing, keep looking you are still 100000 turns ahead of many commanders that could find even a single black hole in months...

I feel that this round has included many positive changes to the game, I only wish that they would have been initiated at the beginning of the round so everyone would have the chance to see their effects long term, and not the narrowminded view as a nerf to the leaders of THIS round. Next round will be a better testing ground for the changes made today, and I would encourage you to return to the technique of adding major changes and adjustments, that heavily effect player feelings and successful tactics, of adding those changes to the start of a new round rather than during the round and even months into the round. It is too bad, that even this will not stop many players from shouting nerf from the top of the world, hoping everyone will hear them and rally to a cause that might only effect themselves or 2% of the players or just a string of bad luck and randomness.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 03:40:36 PM by Demitrious Ducas » Report to moderator   Logged
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2006, 05:01:27 PM »

ducas, lately emi has been making it a bad thing to get the top, making it less fun then if u are in 100th place...  galaxy was a fun part of hte game, and now oyu cant find ANYTHING, if emi wanted to outlaw paying people for encounters (which isnt a loophole as he specifically said you could) he couldve done just that, not close off the galaxy to the top players... i want some encounters  2

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2006, 05:14:31 PM »

For me today was the first day in a logn time I made profit in the galaxy.

Demitrious Ducas
Lance Corporal

I can't say anything making this image any better!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2006, 05:33:13 PM »

He didn't close off the galaxy to the top players...

He increased the number of encounters at your relative power levels.

He did deny the top 15 players from preying and lurking on the encounters designed for the commanders ranked 20- 300. Your complaining about losing something that shouldn't have been yours in the first place, offered zero challenge, and didn't add to your "fun" except the thrill of gaining 100 turns from all those much lower powered black holes... I have to say too f'ing bad for you. Stop crying and prove that you deserve to be a top player by adjusting your play, rather than a spoiled brat (directed at all the complainers) that can spend a huge amount of real time playing a turn based game, since a weakness in the game was discovered to make it far too easy to gain EXTRA turns, while reducing the "fun" as you call it for the weaker players. I didn't say paying for the BH is a loophole, I said that there were loopholes, you just feel that it was directed at you and the method of paying for BH, hmmmm MAYBE, your showing your hand and know that it isn't in the spirit of the game.

The galaxy wasn't THE "fun" part of the game, it didn't even exist until last round and people had be playing far longer than that. The "fun" part of the galaxy for many players was the ease it made in gaining turns and power, when combined with alt scouting and paying for encounters that were far below their relative power level. The "fun" was the net effect of gaining huge amounts of power while many players didn't... yes it is true.... winning IS fun!  laugh Therefor how can it EVER be a bad thing to get to the top???
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 05:42:52 PM by Demitrious Ducas » Report to moderator   Logged
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2006, 07:14:42 PM »

i agree with ducas that exactly how i see it... so :p

WARS Account= Overmind
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2006, 08:30:42 PM »

is that beacuse you can actally find encounters? lucky.. i found 1 encounter in the last 3 days..

chicpea
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2006, 09:58:32 PM »

Are u lot still having a moan this morning i jumped one planet found a black hole in all i found 5 or 6 black holes and a few other encounters i dont know why u cant find any.

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2006, 10:27:54 PM »

ducas i really dont care about BHs, the yare nice and lal, but i jsut want events in general, so i have hte possibility to level up, only reason i did other events was for exp, which is now very hard ot get.. .ad nchicpea oyu are 1/20 of my power so oyu do have a few more... i jsut want a way to get experience... BHs are nice but not the main point here.

thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2006, 12:40:06 AM »

Personally, i like this system. I'm finding 10 a quadrent. If the upper players want more, whatever, for us regular sized people, the update is great

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: