Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 23, 2024, 10:25:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Encounters update  (Read 35052 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: September 25, 2006, 03:06:27 PM »

The number of encounters in the Galaxy has been increased, also there are very small ones, middle, high and very high, for the starting, middle and  top commanders, so every rank will have a chance at them.

Also, a small modification, you can see events that enter your range, the range is 10% -> 200% of your total power, in event power, so if you don't see a black hole event beacuse it's too low, and a lower commander can see it, you can not complete it (because it's for a lower commander), you have to do a higher black hole event, for the same max turns.

The principle behind this is that a higher commander will have to take more risks in gaining the turns of the black hole envents, because they are more valuable to them than to others.

If you have any problems with this, or have any suggestions, please post them.

God Speed commanders!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 03:21:30 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 05:05:24 PM »

Sounds great to me as it will give everyone a chance at black holes now regardless of power, especially those in the lower ranks
Report to moderator   Logged

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 06:03:49 PM »

yeah n now u cant sell black holes either. i likes 13

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
xthex
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 06:20:48 PM »

aww no more sellin bh  laugh well this helps a lot and makes since that higher ranked ppl cant see or do them give lower ppl a chance to get some too.
Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 06:39:19 PM »

Man, encounters are still really low. They need to be increased more.

UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 06:41:22 PM »

They got increased, but now there is range in witch you can do them, so you might not notice higher number wounded1

Alright... rip
xthex
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 06:48:59 PM »

yeah thats true and really wont seem like a diffrence to many may be now ther can be one at each planet or somethin
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 06:54:06 PM »

O_O Emi this totally sux... do oyu relize how few events there will be at 5 quad power +... i wont find ANY even if you do increase amount... plz change it back to where you can do any power becasue if not it will make it impossible for any1 up high to do galaxy... and after u max size there isnt much else to do... thisll also make it impossible to level up, so ny1 with an already high level can pass any1 up high since htey get 3.5k exp fro missions...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 06:58:37 PM by Hellsword » Report to moderator   Logged

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 06:56:56 PM »

Ok. I just wasted ANOTHER 1000 turns. This is most annoying. Emi, PLEASE hear me out. Encounters need to be increased dramatically. It may seem that whatever rate they are regenerating is good, but it ISN'T. Please fix this.

P.S.-I think that the minimum for encounters should be 1%, not 10%... They aren't regenerating near as fast now that my range is limited.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 07:00:37 PM by Midnight44 » Report to moderator   Logged

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 06:58:30 PM »

For me I rarely find any encounters that are stronger then 5% of my power. So for me it now becomes worthless to do galaxy, or realy loads of encounters have to be added. And for ppl like BigBroni the nr 1. It will be entirely impossible to do any encounters...

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 06:59:56 PM »

eyah galaxy used to eb fun, and one of my favorite parts of the game... now it totally sucks and is useless unless you are around teh same power as evry1 else... make no lower limit or oyu are punished for going higher.

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 07:02:56 PM »

lol now u guys whine cause u get back what uve deserved... u bought BH's to get high, now u got too high... sux for u =)

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 07:03:20 PM »

omg look at this! now i can only see from 98 tril to 2 quad.. not to mention that i CANT do any encounters that ARE above 1 quad.. so there half of my "range" gone.. as for the other half, sure you may of raised the amount, but what are the odds ill find a black hole at 98-about 800 trillion power? thats such a small window.. i mean i never found one above a few tril before, now im completly screwed.. emi we just wanted you to increase the encounter amount, not place this stubid liment up...

Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 07:07:09 PM »

YES!!! ADD MORE ENCOUNTERS!!! They need to be mutliplied by 10 fold at least. I searched 10 quadrants... I found NOTHING!!!

News
Midnight44(#7144) encountered the Nothingness, engaging 0 fleet power.

Incoming transmision!
Thank you for your help commander, you have been awarded 0 turns.
Unidentified Fleet(#) lost no more power than you during battle.

(+0 Exp)

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 07:08:38 PM »

there are more encounters big players just cant touch them... if oyu wanna stop selling BHs jsut make it against the rules its better then this BS...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: