Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 28, 2024, 11:35:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: havent read the forums in months the old 1s anyways but what about  (Read 4091 times)
SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2006, 03:01:27 PM »

Defenceplats

big massive guns that target incoming ships
they get 2 rounds to fire before the incoming ships can return fire
in the third round they dont fire since they dont want to hit the defending fleet.

might bring back the massive need for defence instead of a massive ammount of hit points if we get the dammage to plat ratio right.

maby 10 segments = 1 plat build wich = 1000 dammage with 100% acc but thats up to emi if he wants to put it in.
Report to moderator   Logged
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 04:48:41 AM »

yeas , some defence cannons in the base would be good ... but i dont think 10 segments/cannon , when you reach 3-4.000.000.000 power and you have a huge ship .. you would need a d**n big number of cannons to scratch it.. 1segmen=1canon=10dmg the more cannons the more attack bonus you would reach 10 segments=10 canons=110 dmg ... smt like that.

Admin (#7623)

Leader of the "System Lords" Alliance.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 01:04:53 AM »

Before I add anything, I want to know what is up with everyone spelling defense with a c instead of an s? Kinda wierd, but whatever.

Defense cannons would be nice, but they would complicate things too. For example, do they get swarm bonus, do they have their own attack formula or use the normal one, do they get a bonus, ect. I think Sir Emi said he was adding something kinda like this though, not exactly sure, I know he's adding some new segment thing though.

SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 04:52:22 AM »

well he was adding a defense structure for your secretbase..

and giving them a swarmbonus will make them 2 powerfull.

all true i think they need a acc of 100% or they wont be worth the section they were build on.

( i wrote it with a S just to make you happy )
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 01:27:03 PM »

I just wanted to know why so many people use a c instead, I don't mind, I just keep seeing it.
I know where he was adding them, but there is so much we'd have to consider giving them and everything.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 06:48:05 PM »

you know what would be REALLY cool, hey sir emi, you were saying how you are trying to see how you can add something like research labs or something like that right?  well, how about something like the defense platforms have levels of strength, and the only way to increase it is through using items from market.  then some of the more advanced items you need to advance has to be made by you from other things from the market.  THAT would be cool.

example:

gun platform - level 1

upgrade to level 2:
500 Super Conductors
500 Mechanical Parts
200 High-tech Scanner

--then--

upgrade to level 3:
1000 Mechanical Parts
500 High-tech Scanner
500 Construction Blocks
10 utility vehicles (these being made from 1000 silicon, 500 metal scraps and 1 planetary vehicle each)

then each level it goes up by 1k-2k attack each.  (ships having trillions of hp each won't be a match at all for high attack platforms like that unless in k's each at least)  ok, ok.  it shouldn't be 1k-2k each.  to high, but you get my point right?

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 07:33:45 PM »

Ars, that is a great idea! You should put that in it's own thread to ensure it gets read.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 10:37:15 PM »

why?  it really doesn't amount to anything unless the first thing here goes through, it is more like an adn to it.  they don't like the previous idea, they won't like mine either.  (unless they just use it for something else, hmm...)  actually, I'm trying to make sure that no matter what the player (us) always has as much freedom as possible, like the ships.  that is one of the greated parts of this game, the ability to create your won ships totally, not having to go along with pre-designed things that make up everything.

hmmm...

so how about this:

segments gets turned into a platform.

then after you have a platform, you go to build structures screen.

here you are given a set of basic structures to build and there costs

after this, the buildings themselves may be updated as high as you want, provided you acquire the resources.

example:
1 mil for 1 laboratory
1 mil for 1 gun turret

so you build a lab and a turret.  from here you spend 10 mil to increase certain aspects of the gun turret that automatically get applied to all gun turrets, and stats upgradeable can be...
attack
hp (if they can be destroyed)
ABS (if they can be destroyed)
defense (if they can be destroyed)
ACC (this way it can start out lower, then those that use them can raise it all the way to 99, starts at 50)

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 11:56:44 PM »

Ars, you should be the official update idea man of SO. These ideas are awesome! But I see what you mean, without the first idea going through, your's don't do anything, lol.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: