Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 30, 2024, 07:02:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Give the Galaxy a Point Again!  (Read 11118 times)
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2006, 10:04:46 PM »

well, in that case...
*swipes lammalord's 8 gallon container full of fuel to use in high energy effecient engine*
*develops high energy effecient engine, builds, then installs it*
*goes for a free 10 million lightyear trip halfway across the galaxy*

-incoming transmission from halfway across the galaxy-

laugh
thanks for the fuel lamma, it was great
                                    ~ars68
                                                       leader of G_Unit

-end transmission-
Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2006, 10:06:47 PM »

"you fixed the gas leak in it right? beacuse if you didnt the ship should explode shortly after exciting hyperspace"

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2006, 10:51:53 PM »

"good thing I put in an anti-explosive self-repairing engine as well as high energy effieient... still..."
*ejects the gas can just prior to exiting hyperspace*
*receives call from secret base, asking what happened, they saw a huge explosion like a sun going off in our area*
laugh

that wasnt a can of fuel, that was a can of high energy fusion powered explosives  3  I thought you were sharing your fuel, lamma, not your arsenal, lol

now how am I supposed to get back?  21  I suppose I have to take the long way now.

btw:
a coupling of ideas:
special gates allowing free roam between select few stars
-however-
it costs fuel to go through them each time.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 01:52:14 PM »

Ars, you need to learn how to make these games, if you made a game with all your ideas, it would kick most if not all games butt with ease.

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006, 03:32:51 PM »

if ars made a game, with all his ideas itd be confusin as hell and updating 6 or 7 times a week lol....

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
Iamcatfu
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 04:47:46 PM »

I think the best idea, though not the easiest, for that would be like you'd build muscle.  You work the muscle and work and you gradually get stronger (though it would be gradually more efficient in this case).  I agree with Lamma that there would also have to be a scalar value, so that bigger ships are slower until you upgrade their engines and whatev.  Heh, or you could add an "engines" component that would affect the time needed to travel, do missions, etc.  Either for each ship or for your mothership, and the bigger it gets, the more engine power you need.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2006, 08:34:20 PM »

ho about an add on to the design ship hull:
scanner: percentage of hull is used for scanners, decreasing time to salvage
engine room: percentage of hull used for extra engine, decreasing travel time

wait a sec... scanner maybe... but engine room? that needs to be on mothership buildings, lol.

engine bay: the more segments devoted to the engine room, the faster travel is.  the bigger the mothership, the more engine room needed to keep down travel time.

keeping it a ratio would be best way, then it could just be the ratio of engine room to total segments, times travel time.

this of course, comes at a cost some may find to big a price, and others a price that is insignifacant, for now:
the faster travel time will mean less over all room for warehouses, biofarms, and workshops and other things.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2006, 09:31:12 AM »

ya lol create an engine for travling? that would have to be a mothership upgrade...

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2006, 11:46:58 AM »

Too much like Pardus and other games out there. BAN IDEA! BAN IDEA! This game has become Pardus like enough. We want original, not the same. Let's keep at least some of the original features alone, instead of overhualing everything.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2006, 01:14:53 PM »

lol, relax luffy, we aren't putting in everything about pardus into this game, lol.  and besides, if it works really well in another game, why would you not want to use it, instead of working for weeks to months trying to find another way, just to find theirs was the best anyway, and youg o with it after all?

anyway, one thing I will suggest though, is that looking for missions will be much easier, if it is automatically sorted by turn distance.  as it stands now, you may travel 80 some turns to waht you think is the single mission nearest you, just to find out on the 3rd page from where you were looking, there were 5 missions, all half the distance as the single one you did.

300-500 missions is to much to hunt through for the shortest destination, especially if the galaxy gets more active, because then by the time you find the closest one, someone may have already taken it.

oh, and Luffy, do you know how much of an overhaul on about everything, would be required just to make this game LIKE Pardus?  not just like it, but I mean even around the same principles as Pardus?  for one, you are comparing a mostly text based game to a 2-d graphical game, and that right there kills off 75% of all similarity. this game, as long it keeps it's free design system, could never be like others, as far as I know.  in that way, it will more then likely always be unique.

anyway, the jump gate idea, is not from Pardus anyway, it is more or less from MOO3, in Pardus you cannot just jump from one sector to another, you HAVE to go around, going through wormholes.  and that's not what I was saying.  I was saying lanes of travel that save fuel, but is NOT necessary. the turn amount to go about without using them would be same as it is now, so not to bad, over all.  but I feel this would then be able to based off of for future developments as well.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2006, 01:58:56 PM »

I'm not saying it is exactly like pardus, but there are more simularities then you guys are willing to admit. And most of the suggestions I've seen, 90% of them come straight from pardus. Different types of weapons that do different amounts of damge depnding on the type of armor they attack? Pardus.

The using segments to make a faster engine is probably the best bet, as it is less pardus like, and requires you to figure out how to balance that as well, forcing you to choose how you play more. Only problem is that if you put almost all your segments into engine, then you could travel a great distance for 1 turn. Maybe having a % limit on it would make it better.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2006, 06:57:17 PM »

or lets not even go with that engine idea and just stick with having fuel be used as an alternet way to traval the galaxy without turns.. and mabey have your max-fuel capitcy be based on what encryption level you have, the more level you have the more fuel you can get.. and mabey even the faster you get it..

aka level 1 encyption - max fuel 150 per day (it would be like the vote, every 24 hours [not ever 24 hours and 30 min though!], you can click "resupply fuel" and get that amount) and 150 fuel is worth 150 turns.. (that isnt much, mabey 1-3 quadernts at most)

then level 2 is 175 max fuel
level 3 is 200
4 225
5 250

and so on.. this makes people want to raise encrpytion more to get more fuel, so that then they can traval the galaxy further, and it makes the encryption alot more usefull to ALL players... hell even i would want to raise my level, more encryption = 25 more fuel per level.. thats good! (and 25 isnt that much, 25 turns is mabey 1-3 stars at most)

well what you start it off at will depend on what emi may want, it wouldnt be that bad if level 1 starts off with only 25 fuel.. or even 0 (making you have to get level 2 before you can use fuel).. but the point is this will make people like the galaxy more, it will get people to use it more, it will make everyone want to raise encrption, and it would be an update (for once) that everyone would want...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 06:59:19 PM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2006, 06:58:57 PM »

yea, good point lamma, it would add more to encryption levels then just small useless rewards.

*16 posts*

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2006, 07:00:22 PM »

we would need to think of a fancy name for the fuel :p.. and spacey name lol it better be good

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2006, 07:13:57 PM »

How about Astro Cosmic Goo?
Solar Converted Star Dust?
Antimatter Hyperpropulsion Combustible Transportation Liquid?

That's all i can think of that would be good. I like the last one myself.

*13 posts*

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: