Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 25, 2024, 09:41:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Items testing discussion  (Read 17478 times)
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 07:21:59 PM »

10 missions, that sounds like a nice numbers.. not like the current 150-200 missions for a level...
Report to moderator   Logged

bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2006, 03:56:50 AM »

looks good on the 1st view - it will speed up low lvls to raise quick - but what about the higher lvls - atm I c the problem more there because that higher u ar that quicker u progress - thats the oposite from like it should be. - if now low lvl do promote faster what will be at higher lvls ... even faster ... - that can t be good I am afraid.

w/r bb
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2006, 06:57:13 AM »

It is a good suggestion Ars, I'll see what I can do to inplement that along with the items, thanks

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2006, 07:12:25 AM »

Ok so I made it like you have to make 15 missions of your enc level to get to next level. Making lower enc level can still level, but it gives less standing and it takes longer.

I did a test, and did 15 missions, that got me to lvl 2, with 750 standing, 15x50, then did a lvl 1 again, and got +25 => 775
Did a lvl 2, and got 50, so 2 x lvl 1 would have made a lvl 2.

I've updated the test server with the new enc gaining, maybe you can test it more, thanks

Lightseeker_Eu
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2006, 11:31:05 AM »

First thing i notice is how completely chaotic this encryption system works; first improvement has to be to make all encryptions give credits as reward and increase the base reward level; luck factor rules here, u rely on how empty or full an area of space is, it's too chaotic
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2006, 01:40:04 PM »

i dont like the hole systeum at all, its like its meant for weak people, real weak people.. theres nothing in it for people in the top

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2006, 06:11:50 PM »

Ok, I have finnished adding all the bonuses, the system should use the items in the active items quene now, in batttles etc.

When u send the items to active, they will be used in the next battle, wheter it is a mission, an attack on your com or another.
Mining decrese also works, as well as the decrese in warp travel. All item bonuses are applied after all other bonuses, e.g. if u have +50% to attack ability and have an active item for +10%, and have 10000 attack, that's 10000*1.5*1.1=16500 attack

Please test the items further to see if there are any bugs, and they should be up and running on the main server by sunday or monday.

Thank you for all the help.

God Speed commanders!

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2006, 10:37:05 PM »

thank you, Sir E, to accept my suggestion, also, I might want to say this now, so you can guys can properly test it as well:
the way it is sounds like it is set up, scouting someone with bonuses to only their next battle will waste those bonuses on that battle, allowing you to come back with a 2nd more serious attack, where the defender will not have the immediate effect items any longer.
however, if you had, say, a x5 item, then you would have to fake hit them 5 times, but unless they told you, you would not really have any idea that they may have an instant, or a multiple item.

Sir E, I gotta say, I can't test it out myself, but already sounds really great.  will add a certain amount of mystery to attacking people, not only what ships they have, but possible effects they have as well.

you know... it's funny... but this gives me an idea to really star going outside the box 1  you'll have to correct me if you already have it in though, and that, will be in suggestions area.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2006, 06:06:54 AM »

The items in the active quene of someone you are attacking  will only be used if the other has fleets to defend himself, and there is no warning of any items used, but yes if you scout and he anbushes, he will use battle items, however you can not know that unless you compare previous values with the ones from the battle, and also know his other bonuses, like commander ability, really hard to anticipate, and that makes is cool.

And as you put it, he may have a long list of 100 items waiting to be used, so you can get 100 counters on yourself trying to empty his active items 1

I just had an idea, I think scouting that ends up in ambush should generate a counter, an take away one if the attacker has, because the fleets detected your presence, and the other may take casualies, and it should limit scouting abuse... The attacker will still remain in nebula if using scout attacks...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 06:26:41 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2006, 09:14:44 PM »

humm will it use counters up on a scout? like if i want to scout his ships, would i lose a counter if he finds me?

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2006, 09:49:43 PM »

hey E, I know this is really probably wrong place for this, but if you do do that, could you put in an attack option to 'scout fleet' and change the current scout attack to 'scout base', then have the scout fleet be where you purposely engage the enemy, but leave no counter, and the stats, to make it fair, would be:
attacker penalty:
100% attack (not leaving a counter, thus, this is a scout only)
HP 25% down

defender bonus:
50% attack
(no need for hp bonus here...)

because being able to see what soemone actually has, before hitting them, is sometimes invaluable, especially when they are in a neb, and you have 1 single counter, and want to make sure to actually do damage.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2006, 09:56:47 PM »

yes thats a great idea ars, i would love to do that, beacuse almost all my attacks relay on that scout to see what im up against, and how to deal with it..

Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2006, 10:08:05 PM »

i think scout attacks that do damage to enemy should result in black hole + counter gone because you did damage to them

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2006, 05:26:28 AM »

well, as it is now:
- scouting party that results in ambush will generate a counter.
- scouting someone while having a counter on them, and generating an ambush, will take away your counter
- there is an attack penalty to the one scouting resulting in ambush, those are the values: attacker ACC -80%,  defender HP +100%

Lightseeker_Eu
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2006, 05:44:44 AM »

Sir Emi, you must introduce a limit to the amount of star systems in which you can reserve your fleets, somewhere around 5-6 star systems, or a quandrant; also, the reserved fleets should be equipped with active data relay systems, which would allow the commander to receive updated info from those locations.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: