Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 28, 2024, 01:47:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Items testing discussion  (Read 17364 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: September 14, 2006, 03:16:53 PM »

You can post here details about how the testing is going
Report to moderator   Logged

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 04:58:24 PM »

TEST Server - We are curently testing the items. The instant items can be used, the bonus items not yet active. Please do galaxy contracts to gain items, then use them. Test mode starts with 10 billion credits, 5000 segments, 100 workshops, no fleets, and only commander bonuses are kept from main server, on every test. Thank you.

Disabled features - Production / interest, market, voting, donation, mothership contracts

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 05:25:06 PM »

So far it looks fairly good. It runs smoothly, items act correctly and give the proper rewards.

thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 06:59:11 PM »

so, i don't know what +1 to mining time does so i don't know if it works but everything else seems to be working fine. Also, is there supposed to be an item at every mission in the real game?

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 10:07:53 PM »

and i only find commen items, are rare ones not yet in play?

oh the rewards seem real meak, most players still wont bother with them, unless theres something REAL good, pefferable more turn ones, that give a decent amount, sort of how black holes are the only thing that attacts strong players to the galaxy, mabey if you had some more things to give out good turn counts in the galaxy it might actally be used more often...

Drackin
Corporal

the world is like a marble, roll with it

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 11:08:51 PM »

we need a use all option for the items interface.. to use all the items of the selected type at the same time.. it would save time of haveing to select and use each one, one by one.

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 03:17:54 AM »

Lamma you have to have higher Encrypt level I have found a few rare things.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 07:06:27 AM »

That is correct, the item power and value you will receive depend on the encryption of the missions. With every enc level, your pool of available items you can receive is bigger, but you will not always receive a good item, just the range gets higher with enc and better items are given.

- the +mining time actually decreases mining time amount, a little confusing
- I also have to modify some of the names of the items for workers, they are a little confusing
- The instant items work, like if you want some turns, exp, credits, but there are two types, as u may have noticed, the other type affects attack, defence, etc.
- The delayed type works like this: When u use the item, it is moved to a waiting active quene. From there, the system will use the selected item when it is needed, e.g.: use 10 x attack items, the next 10 battles you have bonus to attack. So you can use one item that affects one ability at one time, but you can use multiple items to affect multiple values, e.g. use +attack, +defence, etc in every battle. Using multiple items at once will have the benefit of not having to use the items every time you battle, and you can focus more on other things...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 07:11:17 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 08:27:59 AM »

I really like those items, but isnt leveling up encryption too slow? I got 4th level, and its going so slow, that i started to ignore those missions 14
For higher players rewards are too low, and people usually gain power a lot faster that they gain enc levels, so rewards are useless for them...
Items interface is also nice, maybe just link to items window is in weird place 1
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 08:30:08 AM by UberPWNZ0R » Report to moderator   Logged

Alright... rip
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 08:44:34 AM »

ya, well there for one isnt that many of them, to bother. and the still cost to many turns to get to.. not only that it still takes forever to gain encrpytion levels..

UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 09:00:31 AM »

Items 51-55 of 3620 omg 3620 different items.
I was wondering if i could do images for those items, but there are 3600 of them Opps
Lamma, you can do them while searching for encounters. Initially i was happy from galaxy missions, but when i saw how slow enc levels increase it made me upset.
SirEmi, you should filter % sign from search field if you want to control string lenght, or users will be able to enter short strings, or even select *.

Alright... rip
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 09:56:45 AM »

Of course you can do images for the item categories, that give those bonuses, like for Attack, draw a weapon, etc.
Credits, Defence, Hitpoints, Accuracy, Attack, Marines, Warp Travel, Mining Time, Turns, Segments, Absorb, Workers, Experience

Let me know if you think of any other bonuses, and we can put that in too.
Thanks for the search feedback, I will make sure to inprove it.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 11:48:07 AM »

Yes, encryption levels need to gain quicker. I spent over 2.5k turns and am only at around 60% for level 1.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 12:56:16 PM »

noted, encryption will be quicker for low levels, and be slitly quicker with new levels

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 03:59:43 PM »

ok, I know I am not actually part of the test server (found out 1 day to late) but I can't help but give same suggestion I did before:

sir E, I believe personally the very best way to gain points for encryption levels would be like so: (and this is just example of how it would work, not the actual numbers I would advise to use)

say you are E lvl 10, it would look like this:
E: E lvl of mission you are doing
M: max E lvl you can do (your current E lvl)

E/M*100
then for every level it goes up to 10k points for next level.

going off of this, no matter what level, it would always take just 10 missions to gain a level, at the max difficulty you can do.  however, say you do half as high as you can, a level 5, it would work like this:

5/10*100
.5*100

so as you can see, no matter what, the lower a mission you do, from the highest you can do, will net you just that much less points.  in this example, an E lvl 1 mission would only give 10 points, where at level 1 this same mission would have given the full 100 points.  if you were at e lvl 100, this same mission would only give 1 point.

and yes, this is the exact same suggestion I gave at begginning of when you put E lvl and galaxy missions in.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: