Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 15, 2024, 11:10:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Encounter Rewards  (Read 3033 times)
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2006, 05:17:04 PM »

Well atm Black Holes, Bio experiments, and ancient commanders encounters all reach there maximum reward at very low powers, (10bil tops) but later in teh round there will be events of these in the trillions of powers. Somethign should either be done with the amount of hte reward, or hte scale of the reward so the maximum is reached at a higher power level, or just increase the maximum some.
Report to moderator   Logged

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 12:35:55 AM »

bios and commanders could perhaps grow a little past the cap or max out later.  After a certain point, the max cp isn't enough to really do anything with on its own (although still very useful), and the max experience gives you far far less.

But black holes...450 turns is already a lot, at any point in the game.  Let's say you find a maxed black hole, and you take 35 turns to get there.  You complete it on the first try.  You gained 400 turns and tons of exp.  That is more than 6.5 hours gained right there; over 1/4 of a day.  The part I don't enjoy about the black holes, is that sometimes a 17 million hole gives 103 turns (not the default 100-turn minimum), but then I do a 150 million hole and it gives 45 turns.  Yes, I still enjoy that I got turns.  But it seems random.  Oh well.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 07:57:37 AM »

You get 105 turns for a 100% destroy from power 10 mill up to 250 mill or sumthing. But if you do a 250 mill but onyl destroy 1/2 of the fleets you get only half reward.

Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 07:58:35 AM »

haha i did a bh that first was 28 mill, but when done with it, the news said it was 43 mill i think. i got 145 turns =P

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 11:30:11 AM »

yeah, i did a 2bil BH waws liek 500 mil power over and i got 612 turns 1 but yeah blackholes shouldnt increase, they should just be stretched out more, like to get 450 turns you need to do higher events, or maybe 500turns max...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 09:39:44 PM »

hmm... here is an interesting idea... have no set max for bio experiments and ancient commanders.  as you said yourself, 450-500 turns for a blackhole is good at any point in the game... simply because no matter what, 1 minute always equal 1 turn, but the problem with ancient commander andbio experiment is that a 100k exp ancient commander maybe great for a level 10-20, but little compared to level 100-200, right?

well, instead of just setting a max for these 2, have the max be based off of the individual's commander lvl.

for every commander lvl, the most you can get is your commander lvl times 100, or times 10k for experience (since a lot more is needed for lvls then cp itself)

like: a person at lvl 20 may do a mission for 1k cp, but only get 200, where as a lvl 100 comes along, and they instead get the full 1k.  while if someone above lvl 100 does that mission, they, still, will only get the 1k.

so... what do you guys think?

the only thing is, though... this may sound an awful a lot like the encryption levels... the higher your level, the bigger a reward you can get...    14 didn't even realize it till I typed it up already.  laugh

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: