Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 28, 2024, 10:05:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Negative Reputation Non-Existent  (Read 6072 times)
Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2015, 04:24:53 AM »

Ok.. So, aside from attacking a player in PvP. What ever happened to the aspect of negative reputation?

I remember when it would decrease each time you failed a mission/encounter. Other than PvP attack and a few galaxy (story) missions, I tried EVERY way possible to decrease my reputation and couldn't do it! So, Emi, despite negative reputation pretty well being wiped from the game, the last post you ever made, that I could find regarding this topic, was this:

I've been receiveing a number of questions about how to lower your bounty and increase the reputation, so you can stay out of bounty hunters way, so here are the main reasons your bounty would increase / decrease.

As you know, the bounty on you is tied to your reputation, but not necesarly. For example you may have a positive reputation, and also have a bounty on you, because you do something that decreases your reputation and in the same time increases the bounty.

To increase your rep and lower the bounty on you:
- Kill Reavers, the more you kill the better. Get a smaller fleet and attack multiple times, that will lower it even faster.
- Successful missions / encounters
- Bounty Hunting
- Take your counters

Decresing the rep and increasing the bounty on you:
- Multi - attack someone, the more attacks the bigger your bounty will get, also if you destroy ships / segments even better 1
- Fail missions / encounters, contractors get disapointed and report you 1

So, with your changes (at some point, god knows when) the bounty system was pretty well been eliminated- by that I mean negative reputation is no longer factored when failing a mission/encounter. AND to top it off, even WITH someone being the same power as me, in my reputation range, and it saying "collectable" it STILL won't allow me to "bounty" them!

The fact that it wouldn't allow me to "collect" creds off it is no issue though- It's a terrible source of income anyways. BUT the USE of the bounty system is VERY crucial when in the thralls of a PvP War. I have no interest in collecting creds off of it, I just want the ability to attack my opponent/them attack me when my negative rep is up and I'm in a nebula... It adds a very key aspect to PvP.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 05:02:25 AM by Midnight44 » Report to moderator   Logged

Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 04:35:50 AM »

Personally, I believe the "Credit" aspect of the bounty could be removed if that's what it takes to get it put back into play. On that note we get enough rewards from "Salvage" of PvP attacks. So, put everything back to the way it was with the Bounty System, Emi and just eliminate the credits that are paid out upon "Collection". As it stands now the ENTIRE bounty system is pretty well useless.. With players losing reputation when failing a mission/encounter it will give them incentive not to fail and will also restore a crucial/vital aspect of PvP.

For Example:
No! I can't fail this mission, it will put me into Hk's bounty range!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 04:51:22 AM by Midnight44 » Report to moderator   Logged

davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 10:08:01 AM »

i agree few people i would like to bounty
Report to moderator   Logged
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 07:49:05 AM »

Been a long time since anyone even considered negative rep. Think people use the interactive encounters a lot less now - especially ones that require combat, as the rewards at the level of combat don't justify using the turns and you wouldnt risk your ships hitting as high as few years back.  The reduced PVP is also another big factor.
I think the interactive Gold Transports should be changed to give negative rep, these are the main target, so if people want to farm these, they need to do something other than that to improve their rep.  Try to get mission contacts back as a needed commodity as one of the best ways to improve rep ( does anyone really do them anymore? )
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: