Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 20, 2024, 05:32:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should the rate for winning 2500 turns jackpot through voting be increased?  (Voting closed: June 27, 2015, 05:41:56 AM)
Yes, Each player should win  2500 Turns once a round. - 0 (0%)
Yes, Each player should win 2500 Turns SEVERAL times a round. - 1 (100%)
No, Have turns /per vote based on player(s) Total Net Worth. Currently in place on SO Elite. - 0 (0%)
No, it should stay the same. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Increase 2500 Turns Voting Jackpot Occurence!!  (Read 1994 times)
Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2015, 05:41:56 AM »

Hello emi, it has been almost 2 rounds since I've seem someone win the 2500 turns prize for voting.. Kinda ridiculous. I understand that you aren't around to bump up the 10 Turns/1M creds per vote rewards, so I suggest you turn up the jackpot occurrence for winning the 2500 turns instead. I remember back in the day you used to get 75 turns per vote towards the end of the round.. Now you only get about 6k an entire round! Used to, you could get about 15-25k turns in a 2 month period. As it stands right now, I completely quit voting once I hit about 7B power, because there's pretty much 0 chance I'll hit the 2500 jackpot and 100 turns ain't squat.. As much as I love the game, it's just not worth the time/effort. Since we only have about 20 players that vote on a daily basis as opposed to 80-100, the chance of winning a jackpot comes once over a span of multiple rounds..

So, that being said, if you want myself and/or other players to continue voting throughout the entire round, I recommend you crank up the TURNS jackpot (not the CP jackpot as 250 CP's is pretty well worthless) a ---MINIMUM--- of 5x. In my opinion every player should win once a round, atleast!- since the turns /per vote doesn't change throughout the round with your busy schedule..
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:50:02 AM by Midnight44 » Report to moderator   Logged

forumemy
Staff Sergeant

I am cool. right :(

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 06:14:44 PM »

I think too many jackpots would make the game pretty unbalanced. I think if he wants people to vote he should just have the votes be related to the 1st place players power or credits if he is not around to change it. Even if every player were to win it once a round it would still be unbalanced depending on when they got the turns. Early round 2500 turns relate to more $$ from donations than late round 2500 turns would. Even without including the donations part early round turns have to be used more effectively than late round making them much more important.

Edit: With the votes being tied to the #1 player it can increase with the total net worth thing that was on so elite where creds, ships, segs, etc all tied in. Once a player reaches a certain net worth voting goes up. I think this would be the best course of action and not too difficult to implement.

This would get people to vote and solve the voting not increasing throughout the round issue

emy 12
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 11:02:59 PM by forumemy » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: