Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 29, 2024, 04:15:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Warp travel and encounters  (Read 1395 times)
forumemy
Staff Sergeant

I am cool. right :(

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2015, 04:19:39 PM »

I saw this game was getting some attention from e again and that made me excited 13. This game sparked my interest in space since I was 9 years old and I am now studying to become an astrophysicist due to the influence of this game on me as a child. I would love to see this game thrive like never before. If you disagree with my opinions let us talk about why. I do not want to push my ideas through if they are no good.

One thing that irks me about the game is when players can travel the galaxy nonstop in late game and just survive off of black holes and never run out of turns. This will prove even more troublesome when the top players are all near the same power spawning more encounters at that level. I dont think the issue is the black holes however but the ability to decrease the amount of turns it takes to get from star to star. I understand the concept and it is not all bad, but 80% is insane. It should be less if allowed at all. Because of limitless turns in the endgame it has basically killed the usefulness of planets. I believe this would make planets necessary again and fix part of the end game grind issue.

I also believe that there should be more encounters in the game at a time and they give worse payout, but it gives some satisfaction while searching the galaxy endlessly. I would rather find 3 gold transports separated by 5 minutes of searching that give me the same as 1 gold transport does in 15 minutes of searching(this could make killer fleets much more of a nuisance however, since there are lower rewards per attack). In late game I have gone rows of the galaxy without finding anything and this is very disheartening to the player. I actually stopped playing the game seriously awhile ago because I hate the endgame grind so much because it is so boring. If the above update is done this would also be very good to help give players turns to help them search the galaxy due to there being more black holes.

I do not know how good of an idea this is, but I think it may be interesting if maybe there was a rewards during encounters where you get more gold from a GT the higher % the GT is than your fleet. If the GT is 200% of your fleets power than you get 200% of the reward money that you would usually get or if it is 30% of your total fleet power than you get 30% of the reward. I do not know if this could be abused however.

emy 12 Thanks for listening

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 04:22:20 PM by forumemy » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: