Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 05, 2024, 02:32:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Alt abuse by either chicken or masterjohn  (Read 8308 times)
Arkan
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 03:49:00 PM »

« Last Edit: Today at 03:15:39 PM by KenquinnTheInsaneOne »

ken when u unlocked it you removed what i was speaking of. since its obvious you guys are editing post histopries i think this is becomming a legal matter. I have screenshots and i will be using them in the future if need be.

and now your editing my posts directly ken?  even worse.

If theres nothing right about what i posted then why the need to edit anything out?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 04:21:20 PM by Arkan » Report to moderator   Logged
MasterJohn2
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 04:30:46 PM »

Also did you not read what emi stated.

It can be attacked by multiple players.........

We have not used this account no matter how much you cry.
Report to moderator   Logged
Arkan
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 05:28:34 PM »

Right so its just coincidence that an account with an ip that doesn't match any other players just happens to attack my planet before you and chicken do in the exact same way each time and you guys just happen to get the defense info without getting it yourself? That's beyond coincidence. And if you bother reading the entire thread Emi missed what i was speaking of and instead only checked out the accounting scanning tech, completely sidestepping the issue of an alt being used to gain an information advantage. There are several ways to catch alts but matching ips is the only one that seems to have been looked at despite the ip in question looking awfully like a proxy. I stand by my assertions this is an alt and until all avenues of investigation are exhausted my opinion will not change. SO far  my posts have been ignored and edited so obviously something I'm saying is correct or else there'd be no reason to edit anything I say as I'm not using profanity or saying anything offensive. Also reinforcing my notion this was not investigated is the fact that there is a very poor track record of nothing being done about alt abuse. You can say whatever you want but the forums has tons of abuse reports, some with direct evidence, that were never dealt with.

http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,5436.0.html is just one example of such a post. It was clear, came from someone most would consider reliable, and yet was never dealt with at all. So I'm so crazy for raising hell about this right? Then I guess everyone else who had a similar problem and got nothing done about it was crazy too then I guess you're saying? And if that's not a clear enough example, then why is mikael roy still around with all his blatant abuse?  You guys can't seriously defend that one without looking like hypocrits.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 05:36:41 PM »

if this topic was actually read you would clearly see i stated they attacked with marines in a small ammount to guage defense. Why bother denying a problem if you refuse to even read the complaint? Also, you specifically told kenquinn this was going nowhere hours before even checking into it showing a clear and disturbing bias to anyone making an abuse report. You also did not say the ip in question was in use by another spaceo player. This leads me to believe that you could not honestly tell me it was another legit player doing these attacks or you would have just said so. And if the ip doesnt fit another player it becomes an obvious proxy ip. You can deny it all you want sir, but I am not one to give up on anything, having served my country and being to hell and back, i have more patience than you might expect. As a system administrator, you should know of other ways to catch multi abuse without relying on ip matching and if you dont understand them then what are you doing running a server?

Also what chicken said is totally untrue. Missionfighter attacked a few days ago. Hours later chicken and mj attack and fail. I terraformed to proto to make it even more expensive and missionfighter hits me again with the same small marine attack to guage defense.Notice a patern here?  Its kinda hard to miss if youre not in denial. Chicken wouldnt know if it was worth taking or not if he didnt have the info from somewhere as he hasnt attacked since it went to proto. And he didnt say he got the info from scanning so it leaves a hole in his story you could drive a truck through.
Arkan when did that happen because I have no record of such a message or memory of Sir Emi saying anything to me privately about this.

I also have no idea what he's talking about.

I read this topic this morning and was doing investigations when I got other angry messages from Arkan. The logs show that player scouted and tested your planet with an attack to see the ratio colonists to marine losses. You can employ someone to go out and find a planet and test it's defenses, it's within game rules.

But this account is not an alt, this is not a violation of the TOS. And you told me about proxies, well I know everything about proxies and no proxy was used to access the missionfighter(#27469) account.

I made this other game called "The Hacker Project", where you play as an "information facilitator", it's like a virtual internet. You play with proxies and stuff, make bounces and hack other peoples "virtual" machines. Trust me, I KNOW how to check if the alt uses a proxy or not ok? If this was an alt, then the person would need to take a plane each time he wanted to use the alt, or use a virtual remote desktop connection to access a computer thousands of miles away. Please, stop this nonsense.

Arkan
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 05:51:32 PM »

Emi, I'm sorry but I have a Masters Degree in computer science and what you said about needing to be on a plane doesn't hold water. Have you ever heard of tor or any other onion routing techniques? Tor even has browser plug ins to automate its usage. Because that's what is being used , I welcome you to provide proof otherwise. It's operation also fits the information you wrote trying to disprove what I was saying. http://www.torproject.org/  Check for yourself.

But in the interest of not being a jackass I'll take you at your word and just leave it alone.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 06:05:06 PM by Arkan » Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 06:57:40 PM »

Emi, I'm sorry but I have a Masters Degree in computer science and what you said about needing to be on a plane doesn't hold water. Have you ever heard of tor or any other onion routing techniques? Tor even has browser plug ins to automate its usage. Because that's what is being used , I welcome you to provide proof otherwise. It's operation also fits the information you wrote trying to disprove what I was saying. http://www.torproject.org/  Check for yourself.

But in the interest of not being a jackass I'll take you at your word and just leave it alone.

Yes, I've used Tor myself on several occasions, I'm familiar with it.
We record all IPs used to access the accounts, the times each IP is used and the last time it was used.
Tor wasn't used in this case, that's all I can say.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 07:03:00 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

SnipeDragon
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2010, 07:04:47 PM »

First of all, the only two people that can delete moderator logs.. or any type of Forum Log are Emi and myself.  Second of all, we cannot delete individual entires within those logs, and I guarantee that the logs have never been cleared, the earliest log I can view is from 'March 29, 2006, 06:21:53 AM'  that happens to be the day these forums were first opened.

As for your legal threat, I find it highly amusing, this is a game.. governed by its own rules, on the internet, a legal battle wouldn't even hold up in Civil court over a matter of ToS violations for a free game.  I seriously laughed when I read that.. screenshots of the internet hold no legal value at all, its so easy to doctor screenshots in the first place.

Next, Congratulations for having a Masters Degree in Computer Science, again, this is a game.. meant for entertainment, please stop whining and just play.  We don't really care if you are the President of the United States, Emi has investigated this topic and has ruled it not to be a Violation of the ToS therefore this topic is closed.  If you have issues with this ruling, or with any of the moderators that I have hired for these forums, feel free to send me a PM and I will investigate your claims to the best of my abilities.

-SnipeDragon
Head Moderator
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: