Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 05, 2024, 06:21:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey D. Luffy  (Read 3523 times)
BadGuy
Sergeant

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2007, 09:46:29 PM »

Not sure where you came from to revive a dead topic, but although I think Frank is an honorable and objective person, another moderator should have addressed the issue as we were (and still are) at war with Frank.

Can you imagine a judge in reali life, presiding in a case over someone that they had a personal issue with?
Report to moderator   Logged
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 01:07:18 AM »

a) that is why I addressed the situation as well bad guy. b) I'M A MODERATOR, and one of my domains is report abuse, therefore I can revive a 10 month old topic if it still needs an unsubjective ruling on it. c) wither there is a dispute or not, you do NOT flame a moderator like that, ESPECIALLY on a report abuse topic. He is a moderator because he can be subjective even when he has a personal conflict in game with that person. Mods are chosen because they've shown themselves to be able to look at the stiuation without prejudice, which is what frank did. given the info he had off your first post, his call was off. I would've made the same call off that info. Also, Frank is a head moderator, so he can't be subjective at all, trust me, getting that position was not easy.

as to where I came from, I've been here, shadowing the forums, and posting in the moderator's corner when issues arise there. Due to time constraints, actively posting was hard before. I have more free time now though, so expect to see more of me. As I stated in the other thread, I'm not trying to be rude or anything, obviously you took offense to my posts, here, I'm jsut doing my job. In the other thread, I'm not a moderator, so I can be a little less business like, and you were sounding a wee bit ignorant, so I pointed it out. You may or may not know this game well, but your statement was showing you didn't.

Also, on the other moderator addressing your topic. At that time, frank was the only moderator available. I had informed them i would be too busy to attend to duties for a bit, and sir emi, the only other set mod besides me, only checks on topics we forward over to him. Ftp, the other head mod doesn't mess with that area unless it involves him, as it's not really his domain, and has been pretty busy himself.

So, just trust that snipedragon knows what he's doing when he appointed us mods (he does, trust me there) and that no matter what happens in SO or SO Wars, whatever mod you get helping you will be unbaised and make the best call they can with the info you gave them and the ToS.

Normally I would just lock this topic now, as no mroe really needs to be said. But, in the interest of giving you a proper chance to respond, I'll leave it open for now.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 01:55:45 AM »

If you want to complaign about a certain topic post the link to it. Not bothered searching it.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 02:14:37 AM »

http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,3198.0.html

this is the topic he's referring to.

al3xazz
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 09:28:05 AM »

monkey- you did post on a topic that was settled- your comment was completely unneeded since frank(hes senior mod if your memory fails you) clearly said that there was no abuse and he locked the topic- and your post is only showed that you do not respect the desicion of a head mod

and about the smack talking- you really werent paying atention if u missed all the smack talking that is going on between rt and th 13

BadGuy
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 06:35:49 PM »

Monkey,

See your post below since Frank locked the topic where it was posted and I can't quote it.

If you had really read the various posts that you are referring to, you would see that I have clearly stated that I am not active and just log on, use turns to "extend mothership" take counters, or do attacks if at war. I have also stated that I am here more for the social aspects of keeping in touch with a couple alliance members, more than anything else and building ships for my alliance.

Your posts have crossed the line and you are not posting as a moderator, but as someone coming in at the end of a "conversation", taking things out of context and then making "dumb" comments as a result. If you had followed the posts with ninja, you would have seen that all he was doing was running his mouth, never had marines on his ships, was clueless about battling and lost every ship he left out on a daily basis, hence my comment about a 100 billion ship. Go back and look at the contect of my statement. You also the flamed me by accusing me of being ignorant when you in fact you were the ignorant one by making your "dumb" comments without knowing all the facts. That is classic a case of ignorance as you can find.  Also, how long you are here has nothing to do with how good you are.

You were also the one that brought up who was doing more important things outside of the game and flamed me again. I also have no reason to lie about what I do or what I make.

You did mention logs in reference to the "Abuse" issue, hence my response to go check logs since you can do that.

I also was not referring to an "officially dead topic, but dead from the point of view that the matter has been settled and did not require any further comments unless the point is to flame someone (me). And, in fact, the abuse issue had already been officially locked by Frank.

And what you are doing by flaming me all over the place is bordering on abuse since you are a moderator, however, I would never complain as I will go head to head with you verbally or in battle any day.

Quoted from Mr. Luffy-

oh...if I wasn't a moderator...

First, I've been here WAY longer than you small fry, and I knwo a lot more about this game than you, so can it. Just because I haven't posted recently, means nothing. I shadow the forums and keep up with them. See my post count? Ya, highest in SO. I still hold soem of the top spots on the forum. and as for in game accomplishments, I've been in a war with the entire galaxy, Lead and co-lead fairly successful alinces, which spawned amazing players that are still active, held my own against some of the best, and earned the respect of some of the best players to ever play, active or inactive.

Secondly, I never mentioned any logs, merely that i've noticed you on when I get on, which, granted, is not insanely often. I'm not saying you're on all the time, merely that you're on enough to be  higher power if you are playing seriously.

Third, I don't care if you are in a war with Frank or not, he is a moderator, and therefore should be treated with respect. We're mods because we can look at issues posted on the forum that involve people we are in conflict with, and given the information we have, make an unbiased opinion. I knwo you apologized for flaming frank, I'm merely asking you keep a civil tounge with mods in the future.

Fourth, watch your language.

Fifth, all ninja said is that he was saving up for a 100B ship. He did not mention marines or anythign else. If he leaves that ship defenseless, yes, destroying it is easy. But a single ship can make a big difference if used properly. Wither ninja does know how to use it right remains to be seen. And by your statement that a 100b ship will make much a difference, you WERE showing ignorance, as stated, a properly defended 100b ship can make quite a difference, expecially as the game now focuses on galaxy play rather than PvP.

Sixth, a topic on SO isn't "dead" until 2 months have passed, and the only topic that was is in report abuse, where I am a MODERATOR and therefore excluded from said limitations, as my job is to keep track of that area with Franks help, though for the msot part it's just me. And this topic's last post was on Nov 26th. wither i qoute from frather in the topic matters not, the topic was active it hasn't been "dead for weeks".

Seventh, by the fact that you are bragging about all this money you are making, means you're probably lying, and I don't care how much money you make, I'm a writer/novelist, whichever you prefer to call it. If I make money, i's because people want to read my writing. Odds are a 16 year old makes more money working at Mcdonalds than I do, not a big accomplishment there buddy. And even with a job, you can't be as busy as i am, as to play the game, i have to sacrifice a good chunk of my sleeping time. Never said you weren't/couldn't be busy, just not as busy as me. You're just trying to pick a fight for no reason there.

Eighth, I never even mentioned any logs of activity. No idea where you got that from. Only logs i would have reference where the ones you posted in the report abuse topic. Only emi has access to the games logs, for security and fairness reasons.

As for my crack at deezee, even if he is your leader, I assume you don't need someone answering for you, whatever the situation may be. I'm sure you are more than capable enough to respond to me yourself.

So, overall, yes, if shadow fails to defend properly, his ship is pointless, otherwise, that ship could be all he needs to set in motion a slot in the top 10. Bigger game plays have been made from lesser moves, I've been around to see them.

So, no offense meant, just trying to point out your statement was showing ignorance. I'm sure your a fairly good player if you had a lot more time, hell, we all would be, but that's part of what seperates the good from the best.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 07:04:10 PM by BadGuy » Report to moderator   Logged
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 09:01:10 PM »

Ok, because we do not need another discussion about this I'll lock this. Badguy if you feel uncomfortable by the way Monkey D Luffy (Seither) spoke to you. either PM him about it or if you find you cant solve something with him PM m Frank or Snipe.

This is not to make you unable to speak up but to prevent in the creation of a new discussion.

Try to make the complaint as clear and easy as possible as then it will be easier for us to react upon it. Know that if you mail it to either me or Frank, us two will discuss it together and we will discuss it with Snipe aswell if we think necessary.

-locked-

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: