Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 13, 2024, 09:10:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Alliance truce's  (Read 1899 times)
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2008, 06:35:56 PM »

I think that this has been raised before, but think it worthwhile airing it again......

Truce's have an expiry period which can cause problems especially if the alliance leader/s are away for a day or more. So as an improvement (in my eyes anyway) how about to make an option of a truce that will last the whole round (on main).
 To add an extra dimension to this call it something slightly different (Treaty?).  Maybe the to obtain this, a conventional truce must be active for a period of time then Alliance leaders then will have the option to upgrade to a more permament version in the last 24 hours before expiry.

For wars server a treaty version could be used but have a longer duration than a truce, maybe having a different qualification period before the ability to upgrade it.
Report to moderator   Logged
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 12:38:36 AM »

aka one for the simmers.. yay.

Genotype
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 02:51:45 AM »

aka one for the simmers.. yay.

I quite like the idea and in reality truces and alliances is part of any space game. You make alliances and truces with commanders - that is pretty much normal.

My problem with truce and alliances in general though is that they don't mean much  1
For example, one particular alliance (call them "A") I have been told has truces with pretty much every other alliance except for the league. However, when the league attacks the A "partners", A does nothing to help them. It seems that people join alliances to "prevent" them being attacked not because they truly want to develop a proper partnership.

Alliances should be proper alliances ie. If you want to be my "ally" then you have to help me fight my aggressors!

My two cents  19
whitelightercarl
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 07:45:18 AM »

Truces and alliance are different thing. Truce is just an agreement for suspended military hostilities which is usually for a fixed period of time.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: