Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 03, 2024, 12:55:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mothership idea's  (Read 1873 times)
lalelulilo
Corporal

Hmmm, what does this button do?

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2008, 03:49:41 PM »

Hi all, was just thinking your mothership doesnt really play that major a role in SO or Wars so i was just thinking of some new additions to the game that would (or might not) add more strategy and things to the game, i will try to add new idea's/updates recently but i cant be on that often.

Mothership posting
This is basicly the same as normal ship posting to a system in a sector, as with all things there are disadvantages and advantages.
AdvantagesDisadvantages
you cant warpwell you cant warp
it would be easyer to defend due to the fleets in systemyour mothership wouldnt be as agile and you will lose more segments
in certain systems your mothership would gain bonuses (brighter suns would give you increased biofarm income etc. etc.however you would have negative sides (need help here people)
increased mining efficiencycost to remove your mothership based on size
motherships could group for protectionthe owner (first person or sumin) tells you the total mothership power allowed in the sector (posted)
If you have nothing to defend you in the area your mothership will make an emergency warp which is the same as normal warp but you become posted to the place you warp to, avoiding cost dodger's.
So what do you lot think?
More to come soon!
Edit: if you think something is wrong please message me instead of posting and i will correct it and add a note at the bottem of this post, new idea's for mothership? post em here or message me and ill add em to this post (full credit will be added).
Thanks go out to FTP and Amagnon for pointing out the missing part of warping.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 01:32:32 PM by lalelulilo » Report to moderator   Logged

Live each day like its your last.
OMG I'M GONNA DIE TOMORROW.
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 07:52:58 AM »

Im not sure I understand this one - are you suggesting you just put your mothership out like a System Fleet, with no defences - and wait for someone to rape you for segs?

Maybe I dont understand - but if it gets implemented, please tell me where your undefended segs are parked kkthnx?
Report to moderator   Logged
lalelulilo
Corporal

Hmmm, what does this button do?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 01:05:06 PM »

Your mothership will have the protection of your fleet plus any protection the system has to offer (space station fleets etc. etc.).
Plus my recent update.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 01:15:46 PM by lalelulilo » Report to moderator   Logged

Live each day like its your last.
OMG I'M GONNA DIE TOMORROW.
keyblader
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 01:25:04 PM »

this is ok but the mouther ship should have an exp level witch would increase the bonas it gives
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: