Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 06, 2024, 04:44:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SuperSwarmers  (Read 3462 times)
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2008, 12:01:30 AM »

Since there has been an increased interest in these by more and more players, i thought id post a few basics about designing and using superswarmers.

There are a few categories of superswarmers: (and i will classify them how i want to)  16

Standard
Tinymen
Pship Hybrid
Kami Hybrid
Defender

Before i say anything else, the maximum swarm bonus for anything over a 62 weight hull (thank you Kenquinn) is 2.43 times the starting attack and 11 times the starting Hp.

the standard type superswarmer can have a wide range of attack:Hp ratios. the smaller they are, the more likely it is that they have more attack. to design a small-standard superswarmer, use multiple weapons, but not too many. the weapon stack equation is total attack * .99 raised to the Xth power. its up to you to find the optimum number. dont forget to give the weapons accuracy. if you are using many, i find that if u give the multiple weapons 1% accuracy, then make another separate weapon with more accuracy and less attack, you'll get good results. dont forget computers. there should never be more than 1 special on any swarmer or ship. give the special sufficient Hp, and defence can also be effective. dont put too much energy into it though or you could lose large numbers of ships. finally, the sheilds. sheilds are extremely important in superswarmers, they effect the Hp and the amount of marines that survive while boarding/being boarded. to calculate the actual Hp your ship or fleet has, use these equations: 100-abs=X         100 divided by X=Y       Y times shown hp = calculate Hp

I wont say anything about tinymen. these are an 'ancient' art, but if needed and weilded properly, with the proper resources, they can devastate the opponent.

a pship hybrid should only be used on the main server to keep small players from killing ur pships and taking segs. they have more attack, less accuracy (although the more the better), and less hp. if given too much hp, they will survive TOO much and not give a proper nebula.

A kami hybrid could theoretically be very effective. i havent seen any in use but im working on a design. the key is to get sufficiently more accuracy through computers. these would be good for high-end assasin jobs  19

A defender hybrid can be a great source of defense. a proper defender should have a 1:10 attack:Hp ratio so that the experience bonus goes to the Hp and def instead of attack and def. these should have less acurracy, (try one comp and 1 weapon), more Hp, and MUCH MORE ABS. abs does not give fleet power and therefore there is no possible downside.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if anyone has questions or answers, please post them. i also have a superswarmer design used fairly widely on the wars server that im willing to post the specs for if anyone wants.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 09:58:47 AM by jessiedog » Report to moderator   Logged

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 03:35:50 PM »

I started working on a kami hybrid, i didnt think it was very effective at my power though  1
Report to moderator   Logged

Mail me or search "Mob's" on wars gold account if u need specialized swarmer designs

Sowars: Mobius13 (#2028)
Main: Mobius12 (#63014)
PVE: Mobius13 (#24)
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 08:30:33 PM »

At 62+ Space the Swarm mod caps out at 8k ships and 2.43 Time the Attack/Defense and 11 Times the HPs
Anilator111
Private

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 04:41:01 PM »

Can you tell me the name of a defender swarmer
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 07:34:26 PM »

jessiedog's imperial defender

KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 06:02:22 PM »

jessiedog's imperial defender
Hum the only ship I could find thats a Swarmer Defender with Jessiedog in the name it: Jessiedog's Imperial DDES
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 07:48:53 PM »

that would be jessiedog's imperial defensive destroyer, not very effective, i deleted the design a while ago

i guess i forgot to put my swarmers on main server 16
ill do that over the next few days

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: