Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 14, 2024, 08:11:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Council Protection, mothership contracts and encounter / missions power  (Read 9528 times)
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 05:08:52 PM »

well if any thing like last round I had over 12k turns at the end so not generating turns is not a big deal especialy if you have a positive rep and cant be attacked at all. but I can still do missions and upgrades to my mother ship and commander.  what is a few thousand turn?  I am of  the opinion it should be a total freeze and a true vacation mode.  design a ship ok but anything that can generate credits, CPs, Levels, segments, workers, aside from out right buying them should not be allowed. If we are not able to harm them they should not be able to profit from it. a vacation mode should be that a total freeze so you can take a vaction and not get wacked while you are away.  So if you plan on a vacation make sure all counters are taken before you go else the counters will go through anyway.but nothing else aside from a counter no matter what form it takes. if they take it as bounty or a regular set of attacks that should be the offended persons choice.

This is a good update but leaves to much room for abuse.  YOu are doing a great job Sir Emi
Report to moderator   Logged

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 08:45:39 PM »

Yes, I agree that if you use the 'vacation mode' you shouldnt be able to profit by it as it would be too easy abuse.

As was stated - it is too easily abused the way it is now.

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 09:40:58 PM »

Encounters and encryption give more turns then you can burn if youre lcuky, so with holiday mode....

Freeze it, and so you dont go for a quick protection, make it two days atleast you have to stay in it.

jebus767
Private

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 12:52:58 AM »

I think that it should be a total freeze. In the late game a couple dollars worth of turns goes a long way. And a person that would abuse this probably wouldn't rely on money from base. Vacation mode is a real good idea i would just hate to see it abused.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2007, 12:48:48 PM »

I am monitoring to see how it goes, I guess I could make it so you can't do missions / encounters while in the protection if it needs be...

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 04:42:21 AM »

I think that would be prudent Sir Emi.  That would make it so that it cant be abused or seen as being abused, weather it is specified in the rules or not. 

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
deathStar1337
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 04:54:56 AM »

I agree with frank because someone who doesnt spend any turns anymore and has a big positive rep could sit hapily in protection mode making in excess of 3trill credits a day from the market  shy

Forfeit the game , Before somebody else Takes you out of the frame and Puts your name to shame, Cover up your face , You can't run the race, The pace is too fast,You just won't last!
thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2007, 12:29:58 AM »

I think that a way to prevent abuse is to make it like the vacation mode of another game. It is a total freeze of your account, not even bounties, and it lasts indefinetly. However, it has a minimum time of three days, probably two for this game though. This would prevent people from using it lightly. I think that that would work a lot better. Also, I will be gone for a longer period of time than 7 days and would prefer not to be dead when I got back.

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
Dont blame my main
Private

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 12:00:16 PM »

Thezerg get someone who you trust (does not even has to be a player form this game) to re-activate it every 6 days you are gone. Even someone who never seen this game can click to buttons.
Remfer
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 04:13:04 PM »

i agree with zerg...if it's a vacation mode...then the person should be on vacation...a total freeze of your account meaning

NO missions/encounters

NO turns/creditproduction/growth etc

No one can attack/bounty you

No one should be able to select you (not just saying ur in a neb) so it looks like they dont' have the power but the others around that person do...

vacation mode lasts until u log in...just like deleting an account it will take 7 days until deletion unless u log in...but vacation mode is activated until u log in...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: