Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 03, 2024, 06:02:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Rules Response  (Read 7892 times)
ninjastrike40
Sergeant

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2008, 10:36:14 PM »

Ok that was ok. but 2 not 1 but 2 of my topics were locked. why peeeps complained. I spoke to Snipedragon via forum. I sent hima message but he never replied. why he never siad that either. FTP was the only moderator that would reply to my message saying that pepole complained but he said he would give me a warning for "causing unnesscary disruptuions" or somethin' like that. all i did was post a topic!!!! these mods will go to anythoing just to lock a topic. i replied and he said to calm down and i have never spoken to him sense. people may like these "alleged rules" but i hate them. i just don't get it with these mods or rules.
Report to moderator   Logged

Winning a forum argument is like winning an argument with your mother.
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 10:47:59 PM »

Hum, don't be surprised if this topic get's locked or deleted as well.

It is breaking a number of the forum rules.

zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 11:31:26 PM »

I can understand why you must be stressed, but please take up any problems you have with mods/forum rules via PM, and if you can't get a reply from Snipe, you should've tried FTP or myself, then as a final option, taken it up with emi.
FTP was the only moderator that would reply to my message
Huh? I haven't even seen this message.
If you'd sent me a message about your concerns, I know I would've replied and dealt with the matter ASAP.
these mods will go to anythoing just to lock a topic.
Now that was just not needed at all.  2  16

If all FTP gave you was a warning, don't worry about it, it was probably just a friendly reminder, which I would assume is why he told you to calm down.  1
I suppose I'll leave this topic open for further responses, because apparently that would be what the forum population would prefer.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 11:53:22 PM by zephyrblade » Report to moderator   Logged

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 12:02:38 AM »

Hmm I did not get an emial notice of any problem.  I might not show up a lot and say much anymore, but I still do my job.  If FTP give you a warrning you must have done something to merit it.
I get an email every time I get a PM from here and I hate to say it but the only Email I have recieved for the longest time was from Snipe about some of the rules

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
ninjastrike40
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 08:24:33 AM »

I did not send all mods a messsgae. i just want u to know i don't like these rules. i don't care wat u do to this topic as long as u guys get a message about a topic breaking the rules read the rules word for word before u do anything else to make sure it fits the criteria of the post and froum

zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 09:42:59 AM »

We wrote the rules, so I'd think we understand them. 
;)

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 10:25:56 AM »

Ow goodie goodie what shall I respond 1

As mentioned in the rules mods will lock topics/delete etc when they think they should, even if its not specified in the rules.

I always try to respond as good as possible to any problem I get send, sometimes it can happen I leave someone unstatisfied, but please tell me so. If you really have the idea we cant find a solution we can always consult someone else.

In my memorie you did ask me who reported your topics and that is private information that I am not allowed to share. If you ever have any problems with how I solve things really tell me so I cant improve if I dont know how 1

I would like to ask all moderators to keep this topic open so we can get some feedback from the players, to the players I would like to ask if you comment on us try to explain how we could do our job better and how we can improve without trying to insult us. I mean if you want to tell me I'm in idiot... feel free to do so in PM 1

Greetz FTP

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 02:28:24 PM »

People we have to keep in mind that there childern that play this game and that some of them come and read the boards and even post some time.  When we insult people on here and us other that what for most is considered nice language it hurts thier feelings.  Also some times thier parents look at what they are reading, and if they see something they think is not approprate they just might not get little Jonny or Susie that upgrade they wanted, Thus biting into budget for the game and thus our great servers and great creation teams budget to keep us intrigued with new and exciting updates.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
ninjastrike40
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 03:08:23 PM »

We wrote the rules, so I'd think we understand them. 
;)
correction Snipedragon wrote them. i don't know if u helped but snipe wrote them

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 04:02:12 PM »

I guess he wrote the post, although I editted and changed some of the rules and added a few, we had a discussion about it in the mod forums so we kinda wrote it together.

SnipeDragon
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 05:39:51 PM »

Actually, I wrote the base of the rules, but left quite a few out, and I didn't post them until most of the mods gave me a general seal of a approval.  As for contacting me...when? I have 34 messages in my inbox and the only one from you is one that I got today, plus, start with the normal mods, then senior mods, then if you need something that bad, come to me, but only after going through them.

As for the rules, I wrote them at the request of many, and now that they are here, and you actually have something to follow, all anyone does is complain, the rules are rather simple, and they are meant to help make the community a better place.  If you disagree with them, I am sorry, but they are here to stay.  As for the 'moderators may lock a topic even if it does not break a rule'...I added that incase someone finds a loophole, or does something stupid thats not against the rules, but should be, a moderator has the right to move/lock/delete the topic.  I trust the moderators of this community, and if you would take the time to follow the rules (read and follow) we would have no problems.  The moderators are here to make this community a better kid-friendly place, so when you post something idiotic, it gets deleted, and you complain, all you are doing is putting strain on the community.
ninjastrike40
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 10:35:35 AM »

Well i did not know u guys had a big discussion about them and i just went to you because i thought you would do something to fix it like you would normally do but u didn't.

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 01:36:40 PM »

Hmm, well, okay.

Regardless of what has or has not been done by whoever it has or has not been done by, could you tell us now what you believe is wrong and how you think it could be fixed? I believe that would be the most expedient path to a solution for this predicament.

ninjastrike40
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 02:49:01 PM »

no the rules are fine. it's just when my topics got locked for still undisclosed reasons, FTP never told me until after the topic was locked. all i needed was why these people complained about the topic. simple. not for the mods obviously

lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 05:54:43 PM »

don feel bad ninja - many of my topics just DISAPPEAR without so much as a smack me bum(stasi style). i don really know what good all these fancy rules are but as long as your not calling names, or using vile language, or spamming, there is no good reason for anybody to mess with your posts. no matter what fancy schmancy bureacratic rigamarole they concoct. common sense kids, use it.

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: